Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Paralympic legend to attend Wheelchair World Cup final

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

The organisers of the 2013 Wheelchair Rugby League World Cup have revealed that 11-time Paralympic Gold Medallist Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson will be the guest of honour at the Wheelchair World Cup final on Saturday July 13.
The Wheelchair World Cup takes places exclusively in Medway, Kent from July 3 to July 13 when six nations will compete for the title of World Champions and Baroness Grey-Thompson will be on hand to present the trophy to the winning captain.
A six-time London Marathon winner, five-time World Championships Gold Medal winner and current member of the House of Lords, Baroness Grey-Thompson knows exactly what it takes to succeed on the big stage and that experience will no doubt inspire the World Cup finalists.

Click here to view the article
League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

The organisers of the 2013 Wheelchair Rugby League World Cup have revealed that 11-time Paralympic Gold Medallist Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson will be the guest of honour at the Wheelchair World Cup final on Saturday July 13.
The Wheelchair World Cup takes places exclusively in Medway, Kent from July 3 to July 13 when six nations will compete for the title of World Champions and Baroness Grey-Thompson will be on hand to present the trophy to the winning captain.
A six-time London Marathon winner, five-time World Championships Gold Medal winner and current member of the House of Lords, Baroness Grey-Thompson knows exactly what it takes to succeed on the big stage and that experience will no doubt inspire the World Cup finalists.

Click here to view the article

A very good choice - she was a speaker at an event I was at recently and can talk with authority whilst remaining approachable and down to earth. Plus, she is arguably Britain's most recognisable paralympian and a big advocate for disability sport, both in Westminster and through her role with the Tony Blair Sports Foundation in the north east.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#3 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

This is great news.

As I said on the world cup thread, I hope this has been/will be widely advertised while the Paralympics are still fresh in the mind of the sporting public as I think having Tanni Grey attend the finals day is a bit of a coup for rugby league. 

#4 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

This is great news.

As I said on the world cup thread, I hope this has been/will be widely advertised while the Paralympics are still fresh in the mind of the sporting public as I think having Tanni Grey attend the finals day is a bit of a coup for rugby league. 

Agreed.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#5 T-Dub

T-Dub
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Top notch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users