Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

If you could ask Nigel Wood 1 question, what would it be?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 785 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Should I be Bradford, should I be Leeds?

We"ll have to wait & see..
Que sera sera, what ever will be will be...
My corporate seat's at wembley
Que sere que sera

#22 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

I'd ask him what he does week-to-week, not in the disparaging way others have insinuated on this thread, just general curiosity.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#23 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

are you in your job because of what you know, or who you know?

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#24 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 825 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

"What were you smoking when you devised the 12 x 3 x 8 structure?" 

Edited by Jim from Oz, 27 June 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#25 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

How's your job seach going Nigel ?

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#26 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

ooooooohhh blobby blobby blobby
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#27 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

as blake solly is holding a meeting in leeds with fan groups in the yorkshire and humberside areas to gather their views on the proposed changes,

are you aware that rugby league is played in lancashire and cumbria?

or are you looking to for an exclusive yorkshire based game???

Edited by Viking Warrior, 28 June 2013 - 12:53 PM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#28 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

as blake solly is holding a meeting in leeds with fan groups in the yorkshire and humberside areas to gather their views on the proposed changes,

are you aware that rugby league is played in lancashire and cumbria?

or are you looking to for an exclusive yorkshire based game???

Why not, Gods own game,played in Gods own county.It's why Jesus had 12 disciples and not 14.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 28 June 2013 - 01:00 PM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#29 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

behave yourself you only have a white rose because you bled the red rose dry, lancashire is the righteous side on the pennines where the air is sweet and life is idyllic.

#30 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

behave yourself you only have a white rose because you bled the red rose dry, lancashire is the righteous side on the pennines where the air is sweet and life is idyllic.

The chemicals in the sweet widnesian air have addled​  your brain.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#31 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

I have posted this elsewhere and will email to RFL

Re Blake Sollys invite to a fans forum

There should be more than one meeting, in fact there should be meetings all over the country so that there as many opinions as possible, and thereby a more realistic overall result. One date that may or may not be convenient due to work and other commitments, shows just how little the RFL think of the fans.

I hope at least one representative from each SA can make it, some might have to do god knows how much travelling, even if they can make it. I hope that consideration of this aspect has been given and SA's who can't attend will be given an opportunity to voice their associations feelings in writing or similar.

Apart from anything else, this date is less than a week away, far too little notice to get organised - how will they get the true opinions of their members in time to take forward to the meeting. I assume the RFL think they can either hold an extra meeting, or email their members at the drop of a hat.

Show some respect, if insincerely, to every fan please and organise this properly - what's the flipping rush?

Maggie Hilton

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#32 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

The chemicals in the sweet widnesian air have addled​  your brain.

how many more times i'm a sthelener.........who just happens to support widnes, as the government have completely shafted the coal and glass industries the air in sthelens is now polution free.....

#33 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

Re Blake Sollys invite to a fans forum

There should be more than one meeting, in fact there should be meetings all over the country so that there as many opinions as possible, and thereby a more realistic overall result. One date that may or may not be convenient due to work and other commitments, shows just how little the RFL think of the fans.
I hope at least one representative from each SA can make it, some might have to do god knows how much travelling, even if they can make it. I hope that consideration of this aspect has been given and SA's who can't attend will be given an opportunity to voice their associations feelings in writing or similar.
Apart from anything else, this date is less than a week away, far too little notice to get organised - how will they get the true opinions of their members in time to take forward to the meeting. I assume the RFL think they can either hold an extra meeting, or email their members at the drop of a hat.
Show some respect, if insincerely, to every fan please and organise this properly - what's the flipping rush?
Maggie Hilton
[/quote]
that may or may not be convenient due to work and other commitments, shows just how little the RFL think of the fans.
Maggie Hilton
[/quote]

brilliant post mate, perhaps LSV would be a suitable venue as it is about central for the lancashire clubs, and then hold one in cumbria and then the london area.

Edited by Viking Warrior, 28 June 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#34 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

I have had an immediate reply for which I am grateful - they do listen

This meeting is at the request of the RLSA and any arrangements have been made by them not the RFL

I have copied the reply and my subsequent one on the website I read it on - loverugbyleague - if any of you care to read it

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#35 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,309 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

ooooooohhh blobby blobby blobby

well, it seem there are those on here are  happy to give out the personal abuse with impunity.

Lady Astor to Winston Churchill: Mr Churchill, you are drunk!

Winston Churchill to Lady Astor: Yes, and you, Madam, are ugly. But tomorrow, I shall be sober....

#36 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,309 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

This meeting is at the request of the RLSA and any arrangements have been made by them not the RFL

I have copied the reply and my subsequent one on the website I read it on - loverugbyleague - if any of you care to read it

Have read it. Well done for persevering and taking a much needed reasoned approach. I can see where John Ledger is coming from, though.

#37 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

brilliant dialogue, i read it and still disagree with holding just one meeting in leeds, i would love to attend but work etc etc would prevent me from doing so, like one person on that site said why not canvass the opinion of all supporters through social media???

#38 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

Good to see John Ledger coming back. I'd like the RFL to be more robust in putting people sraight.

Must be so frustrating working for the RFL with the ill-informed tripe they have to deal with. As he said, they've now got idiots like Barry Mac slagging the RFL for lack of leadership over the issue, and on the other hand amh slagging them over the consultation not being enough.

Seems pretty good practice to me by the RFL. Work through some options, ask those likely to be affected by them what they think, revise the proposals in the light of feedback, then some final consultation before deciding what to implement.

RLSA organise an event that isn't convenient for a couple of people, and it's the RFL's fault. Priceless.

#39 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Much like the office prat who'd proclaim he'd bang every bird in their FHM calendar, if half the posters actually had the chance to speak to Wood face to face, these big keyboard warrior plums they've grown would shrivel up quicker than a squeef sells his stuff on ebay.

Edited by hindle xiii, 28 June 2013 - 06:15 PM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#40 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

At least I ask the right people and don't just keyboard warrior it on here and elsewhere. Ok I'm guilty of jumping in and ranting before I know the facts, but at least I do take action to find the facts, and post them.