Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mose Masoe signs for Saints

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

It's been officially confirmed that we've signed Masoe on a two year deal.  I'm very happy about this, he's a huge unit and looks like he'll provide great impact.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=66gkCc7RjZE

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

That's Nathan Brown's half-back issue sorted.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

:biggrin:

I'm sure Luke Walsh will lay a great platform for him in his new position of prop.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

He looks like a Burgess twin type biff and bash lad. Big, obviously, and from that video alone looks for the big shot so that could be a double edged sword on the risk/reward front. Interesting signing though, I'm intrigued to find out what his minutes are like, and I don't even know if he's playing first team at the mo.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

He looks like a Burgess twin type biff and bash lad. Big, obviously, and from that video alone looks for the big shot so that could be a double edged sword on the risk/reward front. Interesting signing though, I'm intrigued to find out what his minutes are like, and I don't even know if he's playing first team at the mo.

Well, since Saints have signed him he probably has a long term knee injury and he'll likely play about 10 minutes and then look knackered.

I'm somewhat cautious about this signing, given our Perry experience, but hopefully he'll give us some aggression up front.  We must have one of the 'softest' packs in the league.

#6 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

I have to admit that's a concern, he's certainly going to have to modify that part of his game.  Still, it's reassuring to know that he's capable of clearing out Paul Gallen with such ease :biggrin:

I hope he can provide a similar impact from the bench to the one which Paul Anderson gave us throughout 2005 and 2006.  I think that's something which we've really missed in recent years.

Edit: Watching the video again Gallen took a high shot straight before he ran into Masoe so perhaps my earlier comment was a little unfair on the Cronulla hard man.

Edited by MrFussy, 26 June 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#7 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

good to see stains investing in british players...................not.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

This after lauding the re-signings of Rhys Hanbury, Cameron Phelps and Macgraff Leuluai in the past week or so?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

We're bound to use our overseas quota to improve the quality of our squad just like every other team in the league will.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

We're bound to use our overseas quota to improve the quality of our squad just like every other team in the league will.

Meh.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Meh.

Well hopefully anyway :P

This might be a better video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lHb9E7EnBHM

It focusses less on big hits and more on his time with the ball, a couple of good offloads in there.

#12 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

thought all these NRL players where going to dry up.

#13 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

Well, since Saints have signed him he probably has a long term knee injury and he'll likely play about 10 minutes and then look knackered.

Even if he doesn't now, he soon will after joining up with Saints. 

To be honest a more impressive announcement from Saints would be that they are have a root and branch overhaul of the sports science/ conditioning/ rehab side of things as something isn't right there.

Saw Eastmond play in the England RU test in Argentina, looks a completely different player physically to when he was at Saints. Took Bath a while to undo the damage but looks like they have got him right.

#14 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Didn't he get all 3 big hits of the week once?

It's time to park the camels.

#15 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

This after lauding the re-signings of Rhys Hanbury, Cameron Phelps and Macgraff Leuluai in the past week or so?
[/quote

they are already with us, and remember i was lauding the re-signing of jack owens as a marquee signing for the cly=ub....

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#16 ChrisGS

ChrisGS
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Didn't he get all 3 big hits of the week once?

I think that might even have been his debut too

#17 Viking Ste

Viking Ste
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

Plus Leuluai is Wakefield born and bred!

#18 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Even if he doesn't now, he soon will after joining up with Saints. 

To be honest a more impressive announcement from Saints would be that they are have a root and branch overhaul of the sports science/ conditioning/ rehab side of things as something isn't right there.

Saw Eastmond play in the England RU test in Argentina, looks a completely different player physically to when he was at Saints. Took Bath a while to undo the damage but looks like they have got him right.

Apparently hamstrings are his thing.  Deep joy.

I agree about the conditioning/rehab side of things at Saints.  However, no way on earth are Saints ever going to admit, even to themselves, that one of their former players can't do his job properly enough! 

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Yeah I read that on the press release too, I was trying to catch VW out. (plus he's a bit rubbish!) ;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

tru he has a genuine dual nationality, he was born over here when his dad was playing for hull........................................isn't rhys hanbury from rhyll??

Edited by Viking Warrior, 26 June 2013 - 05:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users