Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

30/06/13 - Kingstone Press Championship 1 Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game will produce the closest result? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game will produce the closest result?

1. North Wales Crusaders v Rochdale Hornets (9 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. South Wales Scorpions v Hemel Stags (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

3. Gateshead Thunder v Oldham (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Oxford v Gloucestershire All Golds (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

I think you will find that you didn't want Hemel to talk or take any of your players and you would let players who wern't featuring in your squad to come to play for the Stags, ;) Hemel thought it would be better to let the players choose who they wanted to play for. :tongue:

I bet Saints and Wigan wished they had a forum like this when they were debating the ins and outs of signing Adrian Shelford.
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#42 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

In addition to that, you could label All Golds as South Wales old boys - James Gahan, Yannick Parker, Curtis Cunningham, Chris Vitalini, Lewis Reece and our top try scorer Steve Parry all played for the club either last  season, or as little as a month ago for the club.

If there wasn't a need to rebuild the squad each year, it might be a really good side competing at the top of the league.

Isn't James Gahan from the West Country, though? Before going to South Wales he played for Glos Warriors, and after that (llast season) the Sonics. No argument about the others, though - all definitely Welsh (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong)
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#43 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Wonder why they would want to move further away from home and to a side who are lower in the table?

#44 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Wonder why they would want to move further away from home and to a side who are lower in the table?

Well, Jimmy Gahan is at the University of Gloucestershire and lives up that way, I think. The rest… well, I suspect there chances have been limited this year at the Scorpions due to dual reg. Either that or they just got in a huff because they weren't playing and moved. Either way, it may help the All Golds and they need all the help they can get at the moment.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#45 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,932 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Just because they are Welsh doesn't mean that they live in Wales.

#46 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

I see it's being reported that Andy Powell is a possible starter for Scorpions this weekend v All Golds

#47 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Northern Sol - three of the four do live in Wales though, and I know why they moved. I was just being naughty!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users