Photo
- - - - -

28/06/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Catalan Dragons - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Huddersfield Giants (12 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Catalan Dragons (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#121 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Yeah we're a ###### dirty side with no fans

You're the first to whinge about the ref most weeks.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#122 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

Yeah and he was dire last night as well

#123 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

Yes

Ok so the same applies to Huddersfield then

A half decent home town team, Bradford & Leeds within 10 miles and a short railway journey to Old Trafford

Not to mention Leeds Rhinos (it's still very annoying to see the number if Leeds pennants on cars heading over to Leeds on a game day)

Had this game been in Sunday then the crowd would be 7k, still not great but a lot better
Visiting fans help further

Yes dead right, all those same things apply to Huddersfield, plus two at times very successful Sheffield sides, My point was there is no Warrington Wanderers or Wakefield United is there  ( happily ) If there were, those clubs would just find life so much more difficult and to pretend otherwise is kidding yourself , That's why Wigan are  to be admired IMO, Also Hull and Leeds who have much bigger populations i think, Nevertheless the crowds they  manage  are a credit to them.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#124 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

One aspect of last night's game was very disappointing and that was the total disrespect of the players towards the referee. He didn't help himself in many ways, in particular by ignoring it, but that in itself is no excuse for the attitude of some players. I was particularly surprised to see Crabtree joining those ranks as i expected better of him.

Time was when our game prided itself on the authority of referees and the respect accorded them by players. has this now come to an end?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#125 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

My gripe is not aimed at Huddersfield becauae we know games like this will be empty stafia. From a PR perspective, the RFL should not allow matches on sky where Les Cats (or London for that matter) are away from home and the stadium will be less than say 40% full.

#126 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

One aspect of last night's game was very disappointing and that was the total disrespect of the players towards the referee. He didn't help himself in many ways, in particular by ignoring it, but that in itself is no excuse for the attitude of some players. I was particularly surprised to see Crabtree joining those ranks as i expected better of him.

Time was when our game prided itself on the authority of referees and the respect accorded them by players. has this now come to an end?

Totally  agree, It wants stopping before it just becomes the norm, It's unusual for Crabtree to get involved, but all teams have those that do.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#127 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,746 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

Trolling removed.

Locked.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com