Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

30/06/13 - Bradford Bulls v Warrington Wolves - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford Bulls (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. Voted Warrington Wolves (11 votes [78.57%])

Percentage of vote: 78.57%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

Discuss Bradford Bulls v Warrington Wolves here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Referee: R Silverwood

Touch Judge: A Bentham

Touch Judge: M Wilson

Reserve: G Jones

Match Commissioner: D Milburn

In Goal: I Scott

In Goal: M Kidd

Time Keeper: C Morris

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Looking forward to this. It will be interesting to see if the Wigan game took anything out of the Wire players, or whether Smith decides its worth a big push for the top spot and keeps the pedal pressed down firmly. Either way, we should have enough in the tank to win at Odsal, although in my last two trips there the Bulls have demonstrated a fantastic team spirit.

Anyway, it should be a dry day according to the BBC, which I think suits us. I just hope I don't end up sat in front of that blooming Bradford drummer again this year. My ears are still ringing.

#4 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,115 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Knee jerk reaction: I just voted Bradford.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,737 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Just been looking at the SL head-to-head at Bradford. Bulls lead 14-7 but we've won the last five.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Can we play Swinton instead? :(

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

Wolves red hot favourites for this one. Never say never though.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#8 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

Wolves red hot favourites for this one. Never say never though.

Never.

#9 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

14-8 after Sunday.

#10 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,115 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

No, we'll get more than 14 points.

#11 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

Will be my first visit to Odsal on Sunday. Anything to see/avoid and how would I get from Bradford Interchange to the ground by bus?

#12 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,115 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

From the Interchange via Arriva ... number 268 Bus

http://www.arrivabus...on.aspx?id=3802

From the Interchange via Metro Bus ... number 363 Bus

http://www.wymetro.c...stimetable/363/

No problems getting to the stadium, which is only 200 yards from the Odsal Top bus stop. Allow half an hour from catching the bus at  the Interchange to getting actually into the ground. You will have to pay cash at a turnstile.

Plenty of refreshment and food stalls in the stadium. However, only electric beer in plastic glasses. If it's chucking it down, or you arrive in Bradford early and have time on your hands, I would say the pubs in the city centre are better than the ones in Wibsey and the area around the stadium.

The last time I went into the pub right next to the Interchange, the Queen, it wasn't that good. However, you can get a reasonable and cheap dinner and really good beer in either of the City Vaults and the Golden Goose ... both within 300 yards of the Interchange. The Interchange faces City Hall, which is a really impressive building and worth a look. On the opposite face of City Hall is Millennium Square which has a fountain display pond, a Nandos, a Chinese restaurant and a Wetherspoons pub. The other side of the fountain are the Alhambra theatre, a beautiful building, and the National Media Museum, plus several decent curry houses.

Best view and fun is on the open terrace down the western side of the pitch. We have a group of chanting teenagers who can be annoying or fun, depending on your attitude. Personally, I really like them. There is never any trouble, always a good atmosphere.

Take note of the weather.

- If you want to sit in the stand, take some sunglasses as the sun shines in that direction. You have to pay separately to get into the stand after entering the ground. Try to sit near the front as the stand has steel pillars.

- If out on the terrace, take a coat and hat in wet weather.

The club shop sells a range of logo-ed clothing (not just rugby kit) and gifts.

Edited by Wolford6, 26 June 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#13 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

Thanks for that, very helpful.

#14 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,737 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

Take binoculars and a brolly.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#15 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

From the Interchange via Arriva ... number 268 Bus

http://www.arrivabus...on.aspx?id=3802

From the Interchange via Metro Bus ... number 363 Bus

http://www.wymetro.c...stimetable/363/

No problems getting to the stadium, which is only 200 yards from the Odsal Top bus stop. Allow half an hour from catching the bus at  the Interchange to getting actually into the ground. You will have to pay cash at a turnstile.

Plenty of refreshment and food stalls in the stadium. However, only electric beer in plastic glasses. If it's chucking it down, or you arrive in Bradford early and have time on your hands, I would say the pubs in the city centre are better than the ones in Wibsey and the area around the stadium.

The last time I went into the pub right next to the Interchange, the Queen, it wasn't that good. However, you can get a reasonable and cheap dinner and really good beer in either of the City Vaults and the Golden Goose ... both within 300 yards of the Interchange. The Interchange faces City Hall, which is a really impressive building and worth a look. On the opposite face of City Hall is Millennium Square which has a fountain display pond, a Nandos, a Chinese restaurant and a Wetherspoons pub. The other side of the fountain are the Alhambra theatre, a beautiful building, and the National Media Museum, plus several decent curry houses.

Best view and fun is on the open terrace down the western side of the pitch. We have a group of chanting teenagers who can be annoying or fun, depending on your attitude. Personally, I really like them. There is never any trouble, always a good atmosphere.

Take note of the weather.
 - If you want to sit in the stand, take some sunglasses as the sun shines in that direction. You have to pay separately to get into the stand after entering the ground. Try to sit near the front as the stand has steel pillars.
 - If out on the terrace, take a coat and hat in wet weather.

The club shop sells a range of logo-ed clothing (not just rugby kit) and gifts.

The Chapel House just down and off Cleckheaton Road from Odsal is a nice and out of the way boozer, about 10 min walk from Odsal. Turn left where you see a graveyard and it's opposite the church. Does food etc.

#16 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,115 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

The Chapel House just down and off Cleckheaton Road from Odsal is a nice and out of the way boozer, about 10 min walk from Odsal. Turn left where you see a graveyard and it's opposite the church. Does food etc.

Packed on a Sunday and electric beer (disguised to look like it's being hand-pulled). Long wayto walk  from the Odsal Top bus stop.

#17 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,010 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Be pleased to see Warrington get under 50. Seriously

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#18 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

Be pleased to see Warrington get under 50. Seriously

Well they are a small club, but I'd expect them to bring more than that.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#19 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

Take binoculars and a brolly.

:laugh:

And wear at least 5 layers.

#20 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,010 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Well they are a small club, but I'd expect them to bring more than that.

B'dum tsch.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users