Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ryan Shaw goes on loan to London Broncos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

According to the BBC website my sponsored player Ryan Shaw has joined London Broncos on a one month loan.
He will make his debut against Salford City Reds at the weekend and hope he gets of the mark with his scoring. I of course will put in for a reduction in my sponsorship !! :-)

Good luck Ryan

#2 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

http://mobilebespoke...cc84247dc5e3400

Loverugbyleague says he's a Wire. Thought he was ours?
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

What belongs to warrington belongs to them, what belongs to swinton belongs to warrington too, that's how DR works now "tongue in cheek".

#4 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

It's written however the writer wishes it to be read!
The writer is wrong!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#5 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Good luck to Ryan but another blow for Swinton's attempts to build continuity in team selection. 

#6 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

The BBC have got it right this time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/23069603

Over Mendieka I sent them a quick e-mail telling them there facts were incorrect, they apologised and corrected the story the next day. It may seem petty but getting swinton onto the bbc sports news pages is important publicity.

Good luck to Ryan. Think he may need it at London! At least harvey had taken over kicking duties already.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#7 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Mr Ainscough played on the wing when he came on at Hunslet, looks like he'll continue there.

#8 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Good luck to Ryan. Could have done without it at this stage of the season but so it goes in the murky world of D/R!

#9 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

Well it certainly isn't the Swinton coaching staff that made this decision - no one loans out a player that has been a regular in the side all season.............although with Harvey taking over the goal kicking duties, it does suggest that the loan deal had been known about before hand ?

#10 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

It's written however the writer wishes it to be read!
The writer is wrong!

Good luck to Ryan. Could have done without it at this stage of the season but so it goes in the murky world of D/R!

If you truly believe Ryan Shaw is genuinely Swinton's player (and therefore the statement from the Broncos referring to him as a Warrington player is incorrect as you say) then surely this deal is nothing whatsoever to do with Dual Registration?

Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#11 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

If you truly believe Ryan Shaw is genuinely Swinton's player (and therefore the statement from the Broncos referring to him as a Warrington player is incorrect as you say) then surely this deal is nothing whatsoever to do with Dual Registration?

Hence the comment 'murky world' Phillip but probably the wrong use of d/r.

I would think ( which makes it my opinion and not fact as I haven't read it) that there would be some clause in his contract that he signed with US at the start of the season that if a super league club came in with a loan deal for him then we would have to let him go.
The writer is plainly wrong as Ryan is registered with us for this season at least. Full stop. He has played for us all season and no other up to this point. You can't get away from this Phillip.

If you have read the comments from Ian Watson in his interview published on the Love Rugby League site then you will know that he states that he is happy with the way the system is working at the moment and takes into account the player situation and also the training facilities provided etc. Is he wrong, is he lying?

I will again state on record that I am not in agreement with everything that has happened this season and in years past. I have my own OPINIONS on things based on the info I receive from various sources, but they are exactly that. If they differ from yours it doesn't make me wrong, or you, just different. What I do try and do is put as upbeat a spin on my views, and life for that matter, as I believe it's better all round if I am smiling (as I'm a bad man when I'm not)! If you bear that in mind Phillip then you may find (again my opinion) that some posters on this site would be a little less critical of your critiques. You may feel you already do. How do I know?

In the case of RS going to London, then if he has to go then so be it. I didn't write his contract. I'd rather he didn't. However if he goes and comes back a better player then all the better for us if indeed it's us he returns to. Putting the mockers on his spell there wouldn't do anyone any good. He's a young lad who wants to play at the highest standard he can.

#12 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

Well that's the problem with the DR system ( or indeed contracts in place ) - it seems to be all about the development of the players and not about the success & viability of Swinton. As I have said before, Warrington will sent their fringe players out on loan to other SL clubs for that very reason - the experience gained will improve them as players, more so it would seem than have the them play exclusively for Swinton. I understand that Ryan Shaw was at Barrow last season - was he also loaned out to SL clubs last season ?

Just for interest are other Championship clubs also seeing their DR players being loaned out to SL clubs ?

I think it is a really difficult task coaching a squad of players that is in flux - most of the time..............

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,686 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Ryan Shaw was on loan at Castleford last season.

Shaw isn't a DR player loaned out to London Broncos.   He is a Swinton player loaned out to London Broncos.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

So Swinton could have said "No, your not having him then"?

#15 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

Lets have this discussion again?
Only a few moments ago Ryan was to blame for everything according to some. Now we are aghast hes gone to London
Zzzzzzzz

#16 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

Well Mark the thing is - we cannot talk about being top of the league or Kersal - so we must talk about something ...........you can go back to sleep now............:)

#17 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

I refer you to my previous answer re contracts!

#18 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

I refer you to my previous answer re contracts!

Would you mind repeating your answer so he can repeat the question then copy n paste it ready for next week....

#19 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

Well Mark the thing is - we cannot talk about being top of the league or Kersal - so we must talk about something ...........you can go back to sleep now............:)

Ha....I struggle to sleep knowing we've lost Ryan for a month. I like the lad. Hes got a great future ahead of him
I don't think hes ready yet for our league every week let alone super league
As for the politics of it all....why should I worry. Lifes too short and my ramblings won't affect it

#20 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

I would have thought they would have to agree with the deal as he is a signed on player and therefore could have said no. Not sure that was what you were asking though.

That said would your club say no if one of your players was offered games in the superleague?

From my experience clubs such a swinton would not stand in the way of a players individual development and transfer fees were already a thing of the past in my opinion. Like I say good luck to the lad and if london want to keep him then they know where to send the cheque........

.......To Riggy!

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users