Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights v Barrow

Live on Premier Sports

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

under 16s are free anyway.

By the looks of his comment it looks like if they don't come then the kids don't come.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#22 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Send us your thoughts on our huge televised home game with Barrow & you could be in the matchday magazine! #13Knights

Who should play?
How should we play?
What do you think will happen?
Any good York v Barrow memories?

Shall we have some predictions too?

Score:
First Tryscorer:
MOM:
Att: 

Posted Image

#23 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

By the looks of his comment it looks like if they don't come then the kids don't come.

No it's just getting the wife there and if a family ticket is £5 then why would we pay £26 for 2 adults ? Money not that easy to come by and if I can get the whole family there then it would be a great night . If not £26 is to much for my wife to justify paying it out and you never know if she enjoys it then she may come again ?

#24 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Send us your thoughts on our huge televised home game with Barrow & you could be in the matchday magazine! #13Knights

Who should play?
How should we play?
What do you think will happen?
Any good York v Barrow memories?

Shall we have some predictions too?

Score:
First Tryscorer:
MOM:
Att:

When we played barrow there and we're 30pts down at half time and Won 36/38-30 can't remember which it was . Harrison caused us all sorts of problems and still does . Think we will win 32-18
Mom aldous
1015 att
First try - jack lee

#25 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:30 AM

Barrow were top of the league & we beat them 14-4 in the pouring rain

YCK

#26 demon dave

demon dave
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

What time is KO on Thursday??

The poster says 7pm but on various websites, it has it down as 7.30pm

#27 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

Its 7.30pm mate.

Posted Image

#28 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

7pm is the time the programme starts on Premier Sports.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#29 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Kick Off is actually scheduled for 7.30pm - however the leaflet graphic that says 7pm was never really meant for the web. It has been printed and delivered to a target area where we know there are a great deal of Rugby League fans who tend to not bother with the Knights. There is a girls tag game as a curtain raiser on Thursday - The point of getting them their for 7pm is to show that Rugby League in York happens regardless of whether the Rhinos are in the 2nd half of their season aiming for 5th or not.

So sorry for any confusion there. Mind you, it wouldn't hurt to get their half an hour early would it? There's lots going on over the rest of the season so it might be good to get used to going early for the prematch extras the club are putting so much work into.

No it's just getting the wife there and if a family ticket is £5 then why would we pay £26 for 2 adults ? Money not that easy to come by and if I can get the whole family there then it would be a great night . If not £26 is to much for my wife to justify paying it out and you never know if she enjoys it then she may come again ?

Appreciated. But there is a thing - a few things really...

The £5 family tickets have been given out in primary schools to children who have taken part in the Foundation Community activities as a sort of reward and to keep the "Why not start supporting the Knights?" momentum going up towards the household.

And that is the biggest of the things really: The family tickets are designed to attract new fans. they're not a discount for all, they're an incentive to try something new.

Business head on: If a new family comes, that is a £5 increase in turnover and 4 extra on the published attendance - If a family already supports the Knights, that's a £23 loss without any benefit to the attendance. It doesn't take all that many £23 losses over all that many matches to go bust.

If we filled the Stadium with £5 family tickets, assuming 2 children and 2 adults on each, that wouldn't even cover the rent for that game, let alone the wage bill - and what if we win? There's a 5 fold increase in wage bill at least in win bonuses. Obviously, those are top and bottom figures - the reality would be somewhere in between - but you get the jist.

So, rather than feel ripped off paying the lowest entry fee in the league, I personally feel my fellow supporters should try to see more of the reality behind what the Club do for our entertainment. I mean, nobody is on the breadline here are they? If you are, watch from the carpark for the first half, then come in free when they open the gates at halftime. Nobody at the Club has a problem with that - your fellow supporters might, but the Club won't mind at all.

#30 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

Kick Off is actually scheduled for 7.30pm - however the leaflet graphic that says 7pm was never really meant for the web. It has been printed and delivered to a target area where we know there are a great deal of Rugby League fans who tend to not bother with the Knights. There is a girls tag game as a curtain raiser on Thursday - The point of getting them their for 7pm is to show that Rugby League in York happens regardless of whether the Rhinos are in the 2nd half of their season aiming for 5th or not.

So sorry for any confusion there. Mind you, it wouldn't hurt to get their half an hour early would it? There's lots going on over the rest of the season so it might be good to get used to going early for the prematch extras the club are putting so much work into.

Appreciated. But there is a thing - a few things really...

The £5 family tickets have been given out in primary schools to children who have taken part in the Foundation Community activities as a sort of reward and to keep the "Why not start supporting the Knights?" momentum going up towards the household.

And that is the biggest of the things really: The family tickets are designed to attract new fans. they're not a discount for all, they're an incentive to try something new.

Business head on: If a new family comes, that is a £5 increase in turnover and 4 extra on the published attendance - If a family already supports the Knights, that's a £23 loss without any benefit to the attendance. It doesn't take all that many £23 losses over all that many matches to go bust.

If we filled the Stadium with £5 family tickets, assuming 2 children and 2 adults on each, that wouldn't even cover the rent for that game, let alone the wage bill - and what if we win? There's a 5 fold increase in wage bill at least in win bonuses. Obviously, those are top and bottom figures - the reality would be somewhere in between - but you get the jist.

So, rather than feel ripped off paying the lowest entry fee in the league, I personally feel my fellow supporters should try to see more of the reality behind what the Club do for our entertainment. I mean, nobody is on the breadline here are they? If you are, watch from the carpark for the first half, then come in free when they open the gates at halftime. Nobody at the Club has a problem with that - your fellow supporters might, but the Club won't mind at all.

Not saying that but my wife doesn't come to games because we can't afford for both of us to come . I am a season ticket holder and have been for 6/7 year and so is one of my sons .
Need to be stated properly in media outlets then because it stated that 1000 family tickets were being made available at£5 . It said nothing about being given to schools .
I will be there on Thursday . My 6 year old will be aswell but he paid for a season ticket then all u16 get in free half way through season . ?
Not moaning just my wife and other child won't be there now . I have no problem with paying and getting people through the turnstiles .
I was just asking a question not slating the club or anyone . Thanks

Edited by badger24, 01 July 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#31 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

Sorry Andy see pm

#32 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

If your there early call into bar 13 and listen to Gary Thornton's pre match speech, well worth a listen.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

If your there early call into bar 13 and listen to Gary Thornton's pre match speech, well worth a listen.

absolutely, its always very interesting.

#34 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

Ref: C Leatherbarrow

#35 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

Ref: C Leatherbarrow

big match and they put a muppet in charge.

#36 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

big match and they put a muppet in charge.

can't be that bad jiggy Tele gunna b on he will ave to behave lol

#37 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Lots of lads back in contention after injury and great mood at training cos they are all bustin' for a shirt !!

Was watching 'FormulaOne' kicking goals from sixty ( !! ) metres...

#38 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

To whom it may concern  - think the 'Barrow' bit on the advertising board was hanging off the

main part of the advertising board on Jockey Lane last night.

#39 BEANO

BEANO
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Nice one BEANO, good luck!

I had no luck this time  :(

But the wife won so result !!  thanks to all at the Knights see you Thurs night  :D

York and Proud of it

#40 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 654 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yay so did I can't wait thank you York city knights