Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights v Barrow

Live on Premier Sports

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

i honestly thoght it was a really good game tonight. well done barrow for never being offside.don't know about the video ref calls but most of them suggested by their formation  that they were no trys including the one for barrow when all 26 players lined up for the next tackle. no one was more surprised than the barrow players! the offside at the end may well have been but i would love to see how many times browny was closed down fom an offside position

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#62 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

close game tonight either side could've won...good game for the neutral. No good blaming the officials..we could do that every game we have lost as well

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#63 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

both sides were close to lying offside all game not just Barrow

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#64 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

exactly my point 2 - 0 to barrow

#65 Tamia Knight

Tamia Knight
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

What was all this business in front of the Stabler Stand, After walking all the way round because the side gate is no longer open we get turned round and not allowed to walk in front of the camera gantry because the game had started. apparently Health & Safety!! Well what was different before Kick off, and at Half Time and at the end?? Got to remember not everyone can arrive "early" for various reasons such as work etc. Got to say I agree the whole thing was just a farce, I'll have to see in future if its a bit of a rush in future I think I'll stay at home and not bother  By the way there was no scaffolding over the walkway.

Secondly what rule book was the ref using tonight? do we use the new "free play" rule in this league, (yes i have seen it used in previous weeks), also why did he not go to the video when Barrow scored after the ball came out in the tackle? Both teams were "offside" all night so why wait till the death to pull us up?

Gone home very frustrated tonight, after watching York RL in its various guises for nearly 60 years I just wonder where we are going and after tonight's farce both on and off the pitch I can understand why people say why bother.  

Puerto Del Carmen Knight

#66 tanghaller

tanghaller
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

Can you tell us about the Video Ref calls.
The try he give to you guys to me looked like he was held up and on any of the 4 try's we had disallowed?

#67 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

What was all this business in front of the Stabler Stand, After walking all the way round because the side gate is no longer open we get turned round and not allowed to walk in front of the camera gantry because the game had started. apparently Health & Safety!! Well what was different before Kick off, and at Half Time and at the end?? Got to remember not everyone can arrive "early" for various reasons such as work etc. Got to say I agree the whole thing was just a farce, I'll have to see in future if its a bit of a rush in future I think I'll stay at home and not bother  By the way there was no scaffolding over the walkway.

Secondly what rule book was the ref using tonight? do we use the new "free play" rule in this league, (yes i have seen it used in previous weeks), also why did he not go to the video when Barrow scored after the ball came out in the tackle? Both teams were "offside" all night so why wait till the death to pull us up?

Gone home very frustrated tonight, after watching York RL in its various guises for nearly 60 years I just wonder where we are going and after tonight's farce both on and off the pitch I can understand why people say why bother.  

thats a bit harsh i thought it was a really entertaining game

#68 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Well I've never come away from a match so fuming what a joke is it me or did everyone witness that ###### from leatherbarrow

The ref was not as bad as you are making out.

More penalties should of been blown for lying on for both sides, he didn't blow the majority of the time so at least he was consistent.

The video ref calls could of gone either way they were 50/50 which you can't really blame the ref for. If there was not a video ref York would of probably won the game, but I don't think that's relevant.

The penalty at the end had to be blown, York players were 2 yards ahead of the ref. It was a brave decision by Leatherbarrow. He made mistakes for both sides and even assisted York with a try, purely accidental of course but I really don't think Leatherbarrow had much impact on the scoreline.

At the end of the day it was a great game to watch. There
was only one score in it at all times. Both sides were evenly matched, York could of one just as easy as Barrow did. A draw would of been fair but I would not of blamed the Ref if barrow had lost.

#69 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

610-head-in-hands-man-frustrated-laptop.

Posted Image

#70 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

610-head-in-hands-man-frustrated-laptop.

holy illustrated double facepalm batman!

#71 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

I think that the most disturbing thing about tonight's game was the fact that on seven occasions the referee could not be sure of what he saw in front of him and had to use a TV replay.

So, what does he do next week when there are no TV cameras and he's not sure ?  Yes, he guesses !!

#72 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Second half, you could see York kept looking over to the ambulance. Harsh thought to have in your head when you're trying to do a job. Looks like Briscoe will be out for the rest of the season too.

Cracking game though, really entertaining, despite the poo result. Would like to see the game on the telly to make my own mind up on the decisions.

As for the behaviour at the end. Gloating is effectively enticement, and there was plenty on and off the pitch.

Still, I brought 3 who had never seen a rugby league match before and they loved it, all will be back - so that's a result in itself.

#73 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Andy

I think its even more disturbing when the video ref doesn't have enough relevant camera angles to make a confident call either way, the 2 Batley conversions given in our tv game were later ruled to have missed. How he could make a call on a few of those decisions tonight with what he had to go by heads or tails comes to mind, when jobs are on the line just not good enough.

Edited by Hawkeye, 04 July 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Hawkeye
Posted Image

#74 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Visiting here only but could not let this post pass by without commenting, moan, whinge, wine, bejebus, this was a cracking match, end to end stuff, it had everything, dramatic calls, trys, excitement, drama, 2 committed teams going for it, etc. 

This person was put out by some extra walking, did not pass the way they wanted too and now suggests not attending future games because of it, hello, the world does not revolve around you........get a grip please.

#75 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

I think that the most disturbing thing about tonight's game was the fact that on seven occasions the referee could not be sure of what he saw in front of him and had to use a TV replay.

So, what does he do next week when there are no TV cameras and he's not sure ?  Yes, he guesses !!

Even worse, the referee was actually standing more or less under the posts on the disallowed drop goal !!

For what it's worth, watching through these "neutral" eyes on some of those video decisions, Wiper was (momentarily) held up on that Barrow try in the corner; there was no off-side on the Brown kick for the try in the second-half (although I don't think it was grounded anyway); Freer did knock on by the sticks at 24-24 ... and the Barrow drop goal did go over.

It did come across as a good game on the box though ... and the result just adds to the intrigue and unpredictability in the bottom half of the table ...

#76 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

Gutted - as the final hooter has gone twice against Barrow we have 5 points, when the last

play ended we have ended up with 2 points...

Think the players got a bit carried away last night, got an early try, but then tried to score every

set instead of sticking to the basics & turning Barrow around time & again on a warm night,

too many individual errors & never got the vital 2 scores ahead.

2 more points:

Browny - if he gets banned for 3 to 8 games for what he said to an official, well I'm sorry but the

club should be getting some contract money back from him, no use to us whatsoever having key

players sat in the stand.

Fordy - brave to come back on last night having seen the size of his knee, but needs to get fully

sorted injury wise before he plays again this season, how many 1 game comebacks has he had

this year, just disrupts the team & we end up leaving lads out who probably don't deserve it

#77 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

The ref was not as bad as you are making out.
probably won the game ha you Muppet ,we was all over you without video ref we would of been 24 points up on you ,your heads would of gonne down and we would have spanked you.
You were gifted the game by a s##t ref.
More penalties should of been blown for lying on for both sides, he didn't blow the majority of the time so at least he was consistent.

The video ref calls could of gone either way they were 50/50 which you can't really blame the ref for. If there was not a video ref York would of probably won the game, but I don't think that's relevant.

The penalty at the end had to be blown, York players were 2 yards ahead of the ref. It was a brave decision by Leatherbarrow. He made mistakes for both sides and even assisted York with a try, purely accidental of course but I really don't think Leatherbarrow had much impact on the scoreline.

At the end of the day it was a great game to watch. There
was only one score in it at all times. Both sides were evenly matched, York could of one just as easy as Barrow did. A draw would of been fair but I would not of blamed the Ref if barrow had lost.

#78 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

What what what's this about Browny getting banned?

#79 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

What what what's this about Browny getting banned?

Yeh, first I've heard..

It's time to park the camels.

#80 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Could get 3 to 8 game ban.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users