98 replies to this topic

#81 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

why what did he say ?

He had a good game as well

Edited by morty, 05 July 2013 - 08:25 AM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#82 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

why what did he say ?

He had a good game as well

Understand it was either the Donny or Keighley home game - allegedly verbally abusing a touch judge -

only played last night because his disciplinary got put back a week, RFL usually very tough on that sort

of stuff...

Edited by shades2, 05 July 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#83 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Some good news - Jack Briscoe's ankle not broken, but a severe sprain

#84 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

Posted Image

#85 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Anybody know what the exciting news was in the York & Proud magazine last night??

#86 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

Anybody know what the exciting news was in the York & Proud magazine last night??

Was it the shares thing?

It's time to park the camels.

#87 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

What was the shares thing?

#88 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Verbal abuse to linesman

#89 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

GT reaction in today's paper, with link in there somewhere to match report.

http://www.yorkpress...ghts_to_defeat/

#90 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

What was the shares thing?

Page 28. "Buy Shares In YOUR Club..."

"York City Knights Ltd. is launching a new share initiative aimed at a common ownership between supporters and members. This will enable everyone who owns shares to be able to be involved with the club."

Etc.

#91 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Page 28. "Buy Shares In YOUR Club..."

"York City Knights Ltd. is launching a new share initiative aimed at a common ownership between supporters and members. This will enable everyone who owns shares to be able to be involved with the club."

Etc.

ah right... and how do we all feel about owning abit of the business what runs the club we all love?

#92 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

ah right... and how do we all feel about owning abit of the business what runs the club we all love?

If I had the spare cash I would in a flash but paying £575pm for a 1 bedroom flat doesn't leave me much to play with ;)

#93 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Andy

I think its even more disturbing when the video ref doesn't have enough relevant camera angles to make a confident call either way, the 2 Batley conversions given in our tv game were later ruled to have missed. How he could make a call on a few of those decisions tonight with what he had to go by heads or tails comes to mind, when jobs are on the line just not good enough.

The bottom line is, Daz, that why should there be a video decision at all when it's once in a blue moon ? The ref should call it on what he and his liners see, nothing more. Havent watched the telly yet so havent seen what Smithy had to go on..

#94 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

One thing I found extremely odd whilst watching last night's game was that - during both halves of the game, York's coach was sat motionless up in the stand with no apparent means with which to communicate instructions to the bench during actual periods of play. I realise that all coaches have their own methods, however isolating oneself without being able to pass on messages and reactionary tactical changes - when necessary, does seem slightly baffling.

Posted Image

#95 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

One thing I found extremely odd whilst watching last night's game was that - during both halves of the game, York's coach was sat motionless up in the stand with no apparent means with which to communicate instructions to the bench during actual periods of play. I realise that all coaches have their own methods, however isolating oneself without being able to pass on messages and reactionary tactical changes - when necessary, does seem slightly baffling.

If the camera had panned to G.Ts right hand side you would have spotted the Knights assistant coach + headphones relaying messages to the staff on the bench. Whether those instructions were carried out by the players is another matter!

#96 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Gutted - as the final hooter has gone twice against Barrow we have 5 points, when the last

play ended we have ended up with 2 points...

Think the players got a bit carried away last night, got an early try, but then tried to score every

set instead of sticking to the basics & turning Barrow around time & again on a warm night,

too many individual errors & never got the vital 2 scores ahead.

2 more points:

Browny - if he gets banned for 3 to 8 games for what he said to an official, well I'm sorry but the

club should be getting some contract money back from him, no use to us whatsoever having key

players sat in the stand.

Fordy - brave to come back on last night having seen the size of his knee, but needs to get fully

sorted injury wise before he plays again this season, how many 1 game comebacks has he had

this year, just disrupts the team & we end up leaving lads out who probably don't deserve it

Agree with all of that Col. Whilst I left feeling gutted for the players who gave 100% effort it was apparent at times that their brains were only ticking over at half power. Every time we took the lead instead of pinning the Raiders down we somehow enabled them to get back down the field.

We all know what a good experienced player Fordy is but these in out sessions cant be good for team morale/consistency.

The less said about Browny the better.

Finally, if I had been a Barrow fan I would have been very proud of my teams never say die attitude. If our players had shown more of this spirit away from home the team wouldn't be where they are now.

#97 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

If the camera had panned to G.Ts right hand side you would have spotted the Knights assistant coach + headphones relaying messages to the staff on the bench. Whether those instructions were carried out by the players is another matter!

Do they not get on? There were at least 3 empty seats either side of Thornton on a couple of shots. It was warm though, maybe one of them forgot their can of Lynx Africa.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#98 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

Found this on YouTube showing the whole of the second half from Premier Sports.

My opinion is that Ian Smith was right on all occasions except Flockhart's try which I don't think he was offside for. I do think that Barrow did score the try in the corner as well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO9BHEyXmk8

(I can't work out how to link it directly so you'll have to copy & paste it into your browser)

Edited by Caldecott, 11 July 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#99 SuperYork

SuperYork
  • Coach
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

Found this on YouTube showing the whole of the second half from Premier Sports.

My opinion is that Ian Smith was right on all occasions except Flockhart's try which I don't think he was offside for. I do think that Barrow did score the try in the corner as well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO9BHEyXmk8

(I can't work out how to link it directly so you'll have to copy & paste it into your browser)

Glad you posted that, great looking over it again. Still think Latus and Flockhart try was fine. 

Edited by SuperYork, 11 July 2013 - 10:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users