Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

promotion & relegation

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

what is the situation regarding promotion and relegation this year? I know the premier division and division 1 is 3 up 3 down, but what about divisions 2 & 3?

#2 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,765 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

what is the situation regarding promotion and relegation this year? I know the premier division and division 1 is 3 up 3 down, but what about divisions 2 & 3?

If the RFL are in control you'll find out two games before the end of the season.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#3 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

I think in division 1 Only 2 teams are getting relegated with 3 up for promotion from division 2 to give the 1 division 14 teams for next season. would think with division 2 3 will be relegated with 3 coming up from division 3 this could change if new clubs apply.

Edited by old papa, 26 June 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#4 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

I think in division 1 Only 2 teams are getting relegated with 3 up for promotion from division 2 to give the 1 division 14 teams for next season.

Would it not be worth while promoting more division 3 clubs as well get more numbers in division 2, im sure there will be clubs applying to get in the NCL to even up the numbers in division 3

#5 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

Would it not be worth while promoting more division 3 clubs as well get more numbers in division 2, im sure there will be clubs applying to get in the NCL to even up the numbers in division 3

I think that is the aim of the NCL management to get all divisions with 14 teams in them, that is why it is not clear how many will be promoted/relegated from 2/3

#6 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Be a shame if their is only two promoted from division 3 looks to be some good sides at the top of that league who could be competitive in division 1 and premier in the coming years

#7 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Think they will be 3 up from division 3 how many come down from division 2 will depend on if any new clubs apply if enough apply it maybe just 1 relegated to make it a 12 team division I am sure it will be a bit clearer after next weeks meeting of all NCL clubs

#8 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

If the RFL are in control you'll find out two games before the end of the season.

Give it a rest would you. Your like a broken record. Yes we know you don't like the RFL but do you really need to bring it up on every topic about anything?? The man asked a question, if you know the answer, answer it, if not, please keep your fingers of the keyboard because it really getting annoying now.

#9 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Be a shame if their is only two promoted from division 3 looks to be some good sides at the top of that league who could be competitive in division 1 and premier in the coming years

The NCL has never changed the goalposts once the season has started in terms of relegation / promotion. The NCL are conscious that clubs must know what they are playing for before that first ball gets kicked.....and were all told at the first meeting this year.....

The only adjustments to the Divisional structures have occasionally been a promotion for a club just missing out when the Division structures needed to be addressed.

Yes that Div 3 is looking really strong and if new applicants need to be accommodated then 3 up / 2 down could be a distinct possibility........or even one less in that division and one more in Div 2 ? 

Let's see what happens at year end...

#10 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

What teams do we expect to apply this yr thn?

#11 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

For the umpteen time, the NCL clubs run the league NOT the RFL 

#12 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

I thought it had been said that only 2 teams will go up from Division 2?

I understand that Bramley will be applying again, and that they're forming a partnership with Rodley Rockets Juniors, to play from their ground, as well as helping to improve it.

I'm also pretty sure that Oxford Cavaliers have ambitions to join the NCL in 2014, provided they can get voted in by the member clubs, obviously.

#13 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

I thought it had been said that only 2 teams will go up from Division 2?

I understand that Bramley will be applying again, and that they're forming a partnership with Rodley Rockets Juniors, to play from their ground, as well as helping to improve it.

I'm also pretty sure that Oxford Cavaliers have ambitions to join the NCL in 2014, provided they can get voted in by the member clubs, obviously.

That is the case at the moment with 3 teams coming down but if new teams are looking/successful in entering the league I think it was stated that there would be a possibility of three up and three down as this would keep 13 teams in Div 1 rather than reducing it to 12. At the moment the aim is to balance them with 14 in the Prem and 12 in each of the other divisions.

As it stands there are 6 vacant slots. On Bramley i'm not sure all the ranting and whining they did after last year's unsuccessful application will have endeared them to too many clubs. That said there would need to be a fair few new teams as Coventry seem destined for CC1 next season, Crosfields will have to seek re-election along with the teams who finish in the bottom two in Div 3.

In regards to Oxford Caviliers I think members would be sceptical about taking on a team from the regional leagues outside of the heartlands, as Peterlee have shown there is a huge step up from that level to playing long established teams. Is it really in the best interests of the development of these teams to be getting a hiding week in week out?

If it were say Nottingham Outlaws (I haven't use Bristol or Sheffield as an example as they are using dual reg Championship players in their teams) looking to come in from the CL South that may be different as Coventry have proved that they can be competitive having come from that standard. 

It will be interesting!

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#14 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

I heard widnes st maries vikings maybe looking for re enetery into the conference. With them taking massive strides on and iff the pitch. Ie. unbeaten in the nwml and playing from a super league (the select) stadium and with a whole new commitee? Wudnt they b a gud bet to get bck in over the teams outside the heartlands.

#15 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

I wouldn't like to say put them in over another team just because of where the are based, but if their application is strong enough and the NCL management committee are satisfied that the reasons they were ejected from the competition are no longer casting a dark shadow over the club then obviously on the field and in their facilities they would be very strong candidates for inclusion.

#16 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

A lot of Marie's games have been shifted to Friday. Is that due to pitch availability?. I'm unsure if that'll fit in with say Yorkshire teams coming over. I think it'll be okay for the NW clubs and there are a few in Div 3

#17 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

St maries werent ejected from ncl. Due to financial problems at the time the club cudnt afford the travel costs and the matinance of the club so to keep the open age and kids teams goin had to drop out at the time for the better of the whole club. Now they are assoiciated with widnes and are there community club ther is the support. And after selling the land the club was built on they now dont have the finance problems and with widnes vikings bein onboard they now have the stability and this has now enabled them to start reeping the rewards on the pitch thru open age and the youth teams.

ther has been a few games on a fridays 2 at home due to stag do's and lads away on holiday and 3away games for the same reasons on request of the other teams. With widnes they have a understanding on release of fixtures for the season the pitch is booked acordingly. So there shudnt b any problems.

#18 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Whether they were ejected/withdrew isn't really the debate now, it is a chapter that belongs in the past and hopefully the new club can put that well and truly behind them. As I stated before they appear in a very strong position both on and off the field now and were certainly be an asset to the NCL should they apply and be re-admitted.

#19 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 676 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Heard that 3 will go up from NCL 3 not the 2 they currently have sectioned off in the league standings

#20 RLRatings

RLRatings
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

Heard that 3 will go up from NCL 3 not the 2 they currently have sectioned off in the league standings

Makes sense - too many strong teams in there at the moment. I'd even advocate double-promotion for a couple of them.
www.rugbyleagueratings.com - proving that Featherstone were bound to beat Cas, since 2011.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users