promotion & relegation

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Makes sense - too many strong teams in there at the moment. I'd even advocate double-promotion for a couple of them.

Double promotion?? That's never happened before, and I hope it never does. Otherwise the next step is to "grade" new clubs into which division they start in. A good team is only as good as a season is long. Half the players could move on next season.

Edited by ROOSTER1980, 04 July 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#22 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Double promotion?? That's never happened before, and I hope it never does. Otherwise the next step is to "grade" new clubs into which division they start in. A good team is only as good as a season is long. Half the players could move on next season.

That does sound like what the professional game would do, but not the NCL, all clubs know that they have to start at the bottom division and go up on merit on the field

#23 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Makes sense - too many strong teams in there at the moment. I'd even advocate double-promotion for a couple of them.

Think the Division 2 sides might have something to say about this thought :sclerosis:

#24 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Double promotion is a nonsense and a non starter.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#25 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

It must not happen!

#26 RLRatings

RLRatings
  • Players
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

Double promotion is a nonsense and a non starter.

It must not happen!

I totally agree :)
www.rugbyleagueratings.com - proving that Featherstone were bound to beat Cas, since 2011.

#27 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Think the Division 2 sides might have something to say about this thought :sclerosis:

Absolutely!

#28 XIII man

XIII man
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

What was the reason for Askam starting back in division two this season?

It's good to see strong well run regional sides making an impact. Teams like Blackbrook, Pilkington and Kells are more than capable of rising to the top in successive seasons.

#29 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

It's good to see strong well run regional sides making an impact. Teams like Blackbrook, Pilkington and Kells are more than capable of rising to the top in successive seasons.

And that's the way they will have to do it, They are 3 very very good sides  But I think they will  be a few clubs that will be trying to stop them a long the way these other clubs will also be trying to get their way to the top and that's what makes the NCL the league that it is.

Edited by old papa, 06 July 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#30 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

Because Askam finished above the relegation zone in division 2 last season, so they get to stay in that division.

#31 XIII man

XIII man
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

Because Askam finished above the relegation zone in division 2 last season, so they get to stay in that division.

Thought Askam had only re-entered this season, I must be mistaken,

#32 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Thought Askam had only re-entered this season, I must be mistaken,

Askam finished 10th in division 2 last season they re entered the NCL for the 2012 season

#33 super_reff

super_reff
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

I think the aim should be to have 14 teams in the Prem, 12 teams in Division 1, 2 and 3.

There's currently 50 teams competing in the NCL Leagues so it is viable to have it structured that way. Two up, two down between Premier, div 1, 2 and 3. Bottom 2 teams in division 3 have to re-apply against anyone else wanting to join.

Seems simple enough to me.
www.procompress.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users