• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

http://www.loverugby...ign-morley.html
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,703 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Good luck to him. He still does a very good job when he is on the field. 

He is much less dynamic, but technically still very very good.

People may say he is past it, but he still featured in the Challenge Cup Final and Grand Final last year and played well in both.

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

One year deal is smart. Hopefully he moves into an ambassador type role when he retires.

#4 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

Good luck to him. He still does a very good job when he is on the field.

He is much less dynamic, but technically still very very good.

People may say he is past it, but he still featured in the Challenge Cup Final and Grand Final last year and played well in both.

Yeah just hope for Salfords sake he can stay fit for a couple of years. He's ideal for them because he'll set the standard for the other payers who come in.

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,703 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

It's funny because even when he signed for us he came as a hot-head, with his career in the NRL finishing on a sour note, but he has been nothing but positive for the Warrington club and has been an inspirational captain.

Like I said earlier, he has amended his style to become less dynamic probably to help him prolong his career, but he has been outstanding, and I would go as far as to describe him as a genuine Warrington RLFC legend.

#6 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

Good signing for Salford, OK he's not as dynamic and quick as he was a few years back but look at the game on Monday night that was rep level football and he held his own, a massive improvement on what they have now.

#7 Big Red Keev

Big Red Keev
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

I certainly think he is gonna be an improvement on whats currently their even at 37. If he can bring the work ethic, intencity and experience from playing at the highest level in SL and in the NRL then it can only be a good thing. If the rumours about Hock coming are true then his influence might become even more important, remembering the Player that Morley was when he signed from Leeds to what he became.

Very happy with this indeed!!

#8 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

I think the other thing he'll bring is leadership. With Nobby off the pitch and Moz on it Salford will hopefully be going in the right direction.

He's been a great servant for us, and as mentioned above I hope/expect the good doctor hasn't just got him on for his playing but also as a ambassadorial role.

#9 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

While this isn't a surprise, it's the first of the rumours to have stuck, it'll be interesting to see which other ones do too.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#10 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

It's been a pleasure having Morley as captain and leader for the last 7 years - 3 CC Medals, 1 LLS and a GF

Wish him and Salford all the very best.

Salford have a true pro and a leader......... He will inspire others.

DaveT spot on comments - A Warrington RLFC Legend.

#11 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

While this isn't a surprise, it's the first of the rumours to have stuck, it'll be interesting to see which other ones do too.

If all the rumours are true then we won't have any players left! Some of them are just ridiculous.

Anyhow, good luck to Moz and Salford. Its been a privilege watching him in the primrose and blue.

Smith_Morley.jpg

#12 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

A true RL giant and deserves all the accolades  - he'll help Salford no end, as much off as on the field, if not more. A fantastic role model to up and coming players, and although I don't know for definite, he always come across as a genuinely nice bloke who you'd want to be in the company of.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#13 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,593 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

A true RL giant and deserves all the accolades  - he'll help Salford no end, as much off as on the field, if not more. A fantastic role model to up and coming players, and although I don't know for definite, he always come across as a genuinely nice bloke who you'd want to be in the company of.

Spot on.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#14 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,560 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

If he (and any other forward signings) can shore up the pack, then Salford will also benefit from finding out what their halfback combination is really capable of. One-year contracts are a good idea at his age, so he can bow out when the time is right and hopefully carry on helping Salford in a non-playing role.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#15 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

great player in his day, wouldn't waste money on him now though, prob play 6 part games maybe, another gareth ellis type signing - would like to see some good solid young talent for a change, morleys like a comfy old pair of shoes you cant bear to throw away, good luck to the old lad though and Salford.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#16 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

Swinton will be gutted!

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#17 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

jeff grayshon might be digging his boots out

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#18 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

great player in his day, wouldn't waste money on him now though, prob play 6 part games maybe, another gareth ellis type signing - would like to see some good solid young talent for a change, morleys like a comfy old pair of shoes you cant bear to throw away, good luck to the old lad though and Salford.

So you think he won't offer anything off the pitch or any leadership on it.

Morleys signing could improve the games of 5 or 6 youngsters considerably just by his presence in the side.

#19 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

So you think he won't offer anything off the pitch or any leadership on it.

Morleys signing could improve the games of 5 or 6 youngsters considerably just by his presence in the side.

like sean longs did?

#20 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

like sean longs did?

You're comparing apples and oranges there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users