Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Support by Clubs Operating within Tiers 1 and 2 for Tier 3 clubs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

This bit left the door wide open for Dual Registration players even before the clubs knew.

The Super League and Championship clubs are most supportive of the new competition structure and the change in the season structure.

The RFL will work with these Tier 1 and Tier 2 clubs to assist Tier 3 clubs through the improvement of performance, recruitment, grounds management, etc.

The exact extent of the cross-Tier collaboration is still to be determined but there is a willingness on all sides to make this work.

Surely the NCL management had the details of the RFL plans on dual registration at the time (28th/March/2011)

If not how can you continually carry on trusting them?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#2 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

What point are you trying get over Jim.

Please elaborate.

#3 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

What point are you trying get over Jim.

Please elaborate.

I think that the underlined bold wording on the original post says it all Longman; 

The exact extent of the cross-Tier collaboration is still to be determined but there is a willingness on all sides to make this work.

But I'll try and break it down into simple terms;

cross-Tier collaboration  = players from championship clubs playing in the NCL

willingness on all sides = RFL and NCL management

#4 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

On Saturday I had a very heated conversation with a NCL management committee member and a RFL representative/job worth, regarding this very subject.

The RFL one I took with a pinch of salt has he has been brain washed.

The NCL rep. pointed out firstly the all registered players sign on with a caveat that they are not on any form of contract with any pro club. If they are they are not allowed to register or play.

It was also stated that this subject had been discussed at the NCL management meeting and was kicked out by all bar 2 members.

To allow tier 1/2 players to play for any NCL club, would have to be discussed by all, at the delegates meeting

#5 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

On Saturday I had a very heated conversation with a NCL management committee member and a RFL representative/job worth, regarding this very subject.

The RFL one I took with a pinch of salt has he has been brain washed.

The NCL rep. pointed out firstly the all registered players sign on with a caveat that they are not on any form of contract with any pro club. If they are they are not allowed to register or play.

It was also stated that this subject had been discussed at the NCL management meeting and was kicked out by all bar 2 members.

To allow tier 1/2 players to play for any NCL club, would have to be discussed by all, at the delegates meeting

I'm glad sense was shown, however doors should never be left ajar open to one way manipulation

Does this leave the NCL open to dual registration

The RFL and NCL will develop and initiate a three-year strategy to integrate a single Tier 3 Management and Operation structure. This structure will aim to operate with 80 teams within England.

Does this word allow the RFL to add whatever rules they decide to the running of the NCL

The existing NCL Rules, Management and Governance structures will form the basis for this Tier 3 Development Strategy.

#6 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'm glad sense was shown, however doors should never be left ajar open to one way manipulation

The RFL and NCL will develop and initiate a three-year strategy to integrate a single Tier 3 Management and Operation structure. This structure will aim to operate with 80 teams within England.

Does this word allow the RFL to add whatever rules they decide to the running of the NCL

The existing NCL Rules, Management and Governance structures will form the basis for this Tier 3 Development Strategy.

I refer to other posts I have put on this forum:- Any RFL rule changes they want to suggest to the NCL will have to be voted on by the delegates.

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

I refer to other posts I have put on this forum:- Any RFL rule changes they want to suggest to the NCL will have to be voted on by the delegates.

Lets hope the clubs can KEEP ON THEIR TOES  and control these attempts by big brother to take over a competition that IMO has always been run far better than the RFL league's