- - - - -

Olympian to present Women’s World Cup

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

The RFL are pleased to announce that 2012 Team GB Judo contestant and 2013 British Judo Champion, Sophie Cox, will be guest of honour at the 2013 Women’s Rugby League World Cup final at Headingley Carnegie Stadium, Leeds, on Sunday July 14.

Click here to view the article
League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Some good names being associated with the various WCs. I just hope we can get a highly respected person for the main event.

rldfsignature.jpg

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,198 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

And, of course, back in 1993, Sophie scored a try at Wembley in a CC Final curtain-raiser. She was the first female RL player to play at Wembley.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

And, of course, back in 1993, Sophie scored a try at Wembley in a CC Final curtain-raiser. She was the first female RL player to play at Wembley.

Putting my pedant hat on, She was one of the first 26. If she was the first, that would have made scoring the try a lot easier! :laugh:

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,198 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Putting my pedant hat on, She was one of the first 26. If she was the first, that would have made scoring the try a lot easier! :laugh:

Borrowing your pedant hat, she was the first, as all the other players in the two teams were boys. The BBC even showed her try.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

Borrowing your pedant hat, she was the first, as all the other players in the two teams were boys. The BBC even showed her try.

I stand corrected. I had assumed it was a women's team, hadn't expected a mixed team!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#7 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 804 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

What game was that between exactly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users