Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

inept ref in rugby league

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Posted this already so ill try again i said i hoped that the ref wouldnt be the main topic on here but aftet what ive just seen cant see how it wont . Because poor refing may just cause us a final not for yhe first or last time . Starting wonder if matches are won or lost with ref standered not bitter just fustrated with the powers who run this game i love so much

#2 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

Outplayed from start to finish. frustrating game. think it could be time to go back to Hemmingway and Black as Moore has been poor for me these last few games.

Same old comments after a game, poor in attack, we just don't seem to have any ideas. Dropped too much ball which gave them good field position.

Thought Baz and Fleming went well up front and the back three ran out of out half well without getting ball in there half.

Leahy was about as efficient as he ever is but wasn't he reason we lost. Much improvement needed before we go to fev.

Now time to pretend we didnt want to go to Halifax anyway.....

#3 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 795 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

8 players worth a shirt
Greenwood,campbell,johnson,faal black and bretherton fleming and smith

#4 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Posted this already so ill try again i said i hoped that the ref wouldnt be the main topic on here but aftet what ive just seen cant see how it wont . Because poor refing may just cause us a final not for yhe first or last time . Starting wonder if matches are won or lost with ref standered not bitter just fustrated with the powers who run this game i love so much

Sorry but by posting this you make yourself look silly. he had nothing at all to do with the result. We are just predictable and devoid of ideas. They outplayed us across the park, it was almost a replay of the Sheffield game (and every other match this season!)

#5 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Clueless, unimaginative dross.

Again.

Ok Leahy made some dubious calls, but Leigh were the better side and deserved their win. They had more spark, more invention and a far better kicking game. Beside a ten minute spell in the second half when we got a roll on and looked dangerous, we never looked like winning.

Wouldn't mind if we had no pace, but we have probably the fastest back line in the division but we don't utilise them. The only time the back 3 get the ball is when they scoot from the ptb.

2 tries in 2 games against 2 of the better sides says it all. We need a change in the halves and as solid as he is Mennell offers nothing in attack.

We used to criticise Karl Harrison for not having a Plan B in games. This is far worse.

Starting to get thoroughly disillusioned as we have the players to be much better.

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

Oh well disapointing that when we stsrted to force ourselves into the game we could not make an impact. Far too many mistakes. We need to build our form for a run in the play offs. Top 5 should be straight forward but we need to improve our performances and JK needs to make some changes to target the play offs. No prob with the final result tonight. Ref pants Cambell our best player tonight.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#7 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 759 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

The Dogs lost  to a better team tonight.

Twelve points down early in the  game put too much pressurre on and from then on it was catch up footy.

Credit to the Dogs that  they  still made a game of it and it was a good game to watch.

#8 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

Not the referee again. Ridiculous. Absolutely nothing to do with him.

We were outfought and out-thought. The Centurions kicked a great game, we played dumb rugby (again). Leigh looked dangerous throughout the game. We didn't.

Edited by Chairman LMAO, 27 June 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#9 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Silly 1 up rugby,it doesn't work against the other top 4 teams.
I'm not sure that gaz knows how to pass tbf think we should go back to Tom personally or even try whitty when he's back from his injury.
Was very frustrating game to watch,the last Leigh try topped it of,a low number of people deserved a shirt after today's performance.
Greg,jc,brev,dan,baz,davies,maybe black&faal

#10 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Sorry disagree we wernt our best yet again but there 3rd try was down to the ref instead of having the ball on our twenty he gave a penalty for pushing. Sorry cant get my head round that csmpbell not a dirty player so how can that penalty be a game changer . Also leahey did what he does best which is see what he wants to see like i orevously mentioned keegan had to ball stripped twice in the first half and even commentaters saw he was in a good postion to see but didnt . So how can u say he wasnt a part of the reason come on its not sour grapeds or bitterness just what i saw which was a ref who wanted to be center of attenion instead of the players .

#11 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

That's 50 points scored now in 6 games against what i call the top 4 it's an absolute

disgrace, very rarely did the ball go through more than 3 pairs of hands.Defence

it's usual solid look about it but the attack it's usual sterile,boring predictability.

Getting in the play offs will be the usual waste of time,knocked out as soon as we

meet any of the top 4 and unfortunately there is nothing Mr. Kear or anybody else

can do about it season officially over.

#12 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

Aving resd nicks comments i agree with him on most of is comments . Just very fustrsted at moment with some of the desion making of our backs and the ref. People commented on hemmingway not taking on the line . But he did spread the ball time to chwnge halfbacks me thinks. Sorry but this might make gaxz relise u dont play well u dont play .

#13 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

But toffee wasn't it gaz who missed the tackle for there third try. The referee may give decisions against us but at this level you need to be capable of tackling the guy running at you!

Plus he could hav given us another 10 penalties and with our current attack we still wouldn't have scored!!

#14 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

The disicion when we took the kick at goal,we had our best spellof the game then but just stops it and misses it.Get Tom in against featherstone,he may not take on the line as much as Gareth but he throws it more and it seemed to work also much better kicking game.

#15 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,846 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

8 players worth a shirt
Greenwood,campbell,johnson,faal black and bretherton fleming and smith

Thought Davies played well for you again.

#16 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Thought Davies played well for you again.

yeah he's been one of our star players this year he can run,offload,and pass good in most situations

#17 Paladin

Paladin
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

yeah he's been one of our star players this year he can run,offload,and pass good in most situations

17 players giving 100%. Excellent.Thats down to them

17 players playing the usual one man rugby supposedly as a team. That down to coaching.

Lost supporters not coming back.

'Nuff said.

Have gun....will travel....Wire Paladin

#18 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 666 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

I have to agree about Tom Hemmingway. He's our best kicker and he moves the ball about well. As for him not taking the line on did anyone watch the keighley match where he showed he can do that very well too.

Time for Moore to have a rest.

#19 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Back 3 very good, a pack worthy of any side at this level, but 2 halves and a hooker(s) offering very little. Batley could have played better with 12 men and left Moore at home.

#20 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

I'm a neutral and haven't got an axe to grind. ( except that I'm a Lancastrian and so have a natural bent against Yorkshire!)
You put in a good effort especially considering that for the first 20 minutes or so Leahy would not let you have the ball.
That defensive effort must have taken a toll.
I thought that Leigh definitely had the rub of the green with some of the refs decisions.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users