Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford signings to come.....

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Salford have signed Jason Walton from Batley for next year apparently.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#22 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

massive signing........................
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#23 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

You are obsessed!

#24 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

He wasn't on the list - obviously slipped under the radar! :bb:

You are obsessed!

Maybe, but he is right, isn't he? ;)

Edited by Roy Boy, 28 June 2013 - 12:57 PM.

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#25 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

jason walton is an excellent prospect who may well flourish in super league, better investment than some of the so called antipodean stars already here (hohaia springs to mind).................
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#26 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

Though Walton was a Karl Harrision protege from his time at Salford he's a Leeds based lad, and It's been mentioned elsewhere Castleford had also offered him a 2 year deal so he might stay east of the pennines

#27 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Jason was n the academy at the time Karl was with us, he had an number of issues and wanted to go East. Every team needs squad players and Jason will just be one of those especially if true that Jewitt has been allowed to leave.

#28 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

look at the success teams are having with players from the championship, hill, walmsley, hardaker, joseph all superb in super league this season.

#29 XIII

XIII
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

look at the success teams are having with players from the championship, hill, walmsley, hardaker, joseph all superb in super league this season.

Leeds have also signed Yates from Hunslet for next season and I think Wire may look to the championship again to replace one of Moz or Carvell.

For this reason I am not overly concerned about players leaving for the NRL.

#30 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Chase
Dobson
Puletua
Meli
Harrisen hansen

Unusual list that as potential signings for Brian Noble, what with none of them being British!

#31 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Unusual list that as potential signings for Brian Noble, what with none of them being British!

Harrison Hansen is actually a local lad.

#32 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

Danny Kirmond should be targeted by Salford before a big club come in for him. Don't get why he'd go for Meli and Puluetua. If he was going to sign a Saints foreign player he'd surely go for Soliola which would be a great signing. Harrison Hansen would be an asset I reckon though.

A starting 13 I'd go for Salford in 2013 I'd aim for would be:

Marc Sneyd
Danny Williams
Martin Gleeson
Junior Sau
Luke George
Lee Gaskell
Theo Fages
Darrell Griffin
Daryl Clarke
Adrian Morley
Corey Paterson
Danny Kirmond
Harrison Hansen

It's just a fantasy team I guess. But at least it has a half decent mix of young europe talent, experienced English players and some southern hemisphere lads to compete.

#33 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

Harrison Hansen played at Folly Lane as a kid, as did Kallum Watkins before he moved to Latchford at U15's I think.

#34 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

Think there are bigger signings to arrive at Salford than those already mentioned or confirmed, particularly in the half back department.

#35 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

cory paterson is off back down under, and i suppose darryl clarke might just pick warrington as they are interested in him. and why replace the excellent jodie broughton with luke george..........

#36 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Harrison Hansen is actually a local lad.

I know, but don't tell Nobby, else he'll be scratched from his list.

#37 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

Danny Kirmond should be targeted by Salford before a big club come in for him...

Hey, steady on there fella. It don't get much better than playing for the Mighty Trin. Big club indeed!!

#38 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

cory paterson is off back down under, and i suppose darryl clarke might just pick warrington as they are interested in him. and why replace the excellent jodie broughton with luke george..........

Has Corey Paterson been announced I must of missed it.

Salford can outbid Warrington, and Warrington already have 2 quality Hookers.

Ask Huddersfield fans why Broughton won't be playing for Salford next season.

#39 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

Salford can outbid Warrington,

No they can't.

and Warrington already have 2 quality Hookers.

No we don't.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#40 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

No they can't.

No we don't.

I was assuming that Salford had less space under the cap than yourselves, if they don't then questions need to be asked.

Which of Higham or Monaghan are leaving? You could say you have 3 really with Brad Dwyer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users