Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford signings to come.....

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

Has Corey Paterson been announced I must of missed it.

Salford can outbid Warrington, and Warrington already have 2 quality Hookers.

Ask Huddersfield fans why Broughton won't be playing for Salford next season.

paterson.....yes

clarke..........yes he will replace higham

broughton salford would be mad to let him go i really rate him
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#42 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

I thought Paterson was going back to Oz.

Clarke is up in the air.

Broughton chose not to sign new deal and has apparently signed a 4yr deal at the Galpharm

#43 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,630 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

look at the success teams are having with players from the championship, hill, walmsley, hardaker, joseph all superb in super league this season.

No, you must be wrong. Only SL teams produce SL players. Hardacre was a one off anomaly. These others must be phantoms of your imagination. It's been stated as a fact many times on this forum.

#44 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

i presume your tongue was planted firmly in your cheek, i watched many excellent prospects whilst following widnes in the championships, we brought 4 up with us in dave allen, paddy flynn, magraff leuluai and steve pickersgill. allen and pickersgill were discarded by top flight teams but have been superb for us since we came up, flynn went from thatto heath crusaders to super league in 4 years and leuluai has improved beyond recognition.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#45 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

I was assuming that Salford had less space under the cap than yourselves, if they don't then questions need to be asked.

Which of Higham or Monaghan are leaving? You could say you have 3 really with Brad Dwyer.

Which questions? Do you think Carvell and Morley play for free, Radlinski-style? Clark cannot command anything like the salary that either of those are on.

I think Monaghan will be off at the end of this season, sadly. Higham probably the year after. Plenty of room for Dwyer and Clark, if we do indeed sign him.

Edited by Just Browny, 29 June 2013 - 10:32 AM.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#46 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

Leeds have also signed Yates from Hunslet for next season and I think Wire may look to the championship again to replace one of Moz or Carvell.

For this reason I am not overly concerned about players leaving for the NRL.

It is my understanding they already have; Anthony England from Featherstone.

#47 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,358 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Leeds have also signed Yates from Hunslet for next season and I think Wire may look to the championship again to replace one of Moz or Carvell.

For this reason I am not overly concerned about players leaving for the NRL.

Why not?

The players leaving for the NRL include many quality players from down under who can now get a decent contract back home, in addition too many quality british players are leaving as well.

It stands to reason that if you take top players out of Superlegue then Superleague has to replace them. Not easy to do that via overseas players and so they are replaced mainly by Superleague academy players and some late developers from Championship clubs some of which don't originate from the championship clubs but came through the academy system.

There's no change to the reality that the Superleague clubs and their academies will continue to develop the most players, there's no change to the reality that a few players will get to Superleague via the championship, but let's not kid ourselves championship clubs are suddenly churning out the stars because they are not.

I'd like to see a list of the top 50 players who have walked away from Superleague and a list of the 50players who have a Superleague contract only because of that. I think you will (with respect to the players) apart from exceptions (which people will constantly point to like "Zac") find that we have a problem in the reducing quality of our Superleague players, and certainly not a championship that is suddenly producing professional quality players.

AFAIK Yates was signed by Hunslet from St.Helens where he hadn't made the grade but retained great promise. I suspect Leeds coaching team had a hand in the lad ending up at Hunslet. Top Hunslet lads like Baldwinson and Sutcliffe circumvent the Championship. We can wishful think all we want, but when "feeder clubs" feed lads into the SL clubs like this let's not delude ourselves they are turning up the stars of tommorrow for Superleague.

#48 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

The Dobson signing doesn't completely rule him out it could just be a way to activate his release clause. Wouldn't be the first time a player has moved to a club only to move on a few weeks later.

That's the rumour I've heard...
Posted Image

#49 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

If that is what he's done then I suspect he won't be signing for Salford. More likely he's set his heart on a more established but less cash-rich club. Saints?

#50 boris74

boris74
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

If Dobson has done this then I can only imagine the fury that will be unleashed by Hudgell when public!

The Knights statement was slighlty odd but I think Dobson genuinely wants to crack the NRL.

#51 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

extremely reliable source, but obviously cannot reveal it. lets just say , im not in the habit of posting rumours on a forum unless they are pretty nailed on. Apparently these will ALL be announced in teh next few days. It was the same source that told me in April that Tomkins is signing for NZ warriors, for 2014, with a fee, which i posted on here back then.

Lulia was also on that list but dont think its happening, as was morley, but thats alpready happened.

An extremely reliable source that cannot be revealed is always a dubious source, and since Dobson is down the pan your source seems fairly unreliable.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#52 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

If the rumours are true, then Dobson has just made a really clever decision. He gets a chance of 'one last go at the NRL' while he's at the peak of his form and, if it doesn't work out, he knows he'll be able to take his pick of lucrative SL offers in twelve months time. At which time, the situations at Saints and Salford will be much clearer. He could even possibly return to East Hull. It's a win-win game for him. Genius!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#53 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

Sign that Israeli winger !

#54 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

I thought Paterson was going back to Oz.

Clarke is up in the air.

Broughton chose not to sign new deal and has apparently signed a 4yr deal at the Galpharm

Agree re Jodie. Reds offered 2 years (Noble term) & Giants 4 years but what worries me there is Ken Davy. He is 72 and surely wont be wanting to fund the club much more. Be sad to see Jodie go.

#55 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Don't worry about Ken...I'm told he put things in place to fund the club long after he's gone

#56 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

An extremely reliable source that cannot be revealed is always a dubious source, and since Dobson is down the pan your source seems fairly unreliable.

If you say so!!

So because i cannot reveal who it is, that makes it unreliable!!!??

the source is close to the coach so dont see how it can be unreliable but hey ho, you are entitled to an opinion.

#57 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Puletua and Chase next to come as my list states!

#58 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Costigan imminent too. Domino effect. Now we've named down Morley, Sau and Meli other top players can sign on the dotted line with a bit more confidence.

Exciting times.

#59 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

The Mole from Rugby League week has tweeted that the deal for Chase is complete
Posted Image

Posted Image

#60 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach