Gareth Moore on Twitter

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

Branding Batley fans as jokers and saying we shouldnt be 'bagging the players' if we dont play the game.

I hope the club throw the book at him.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Did he play tonight?

#3 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

Dont think so.

On Greenwoods twitter he has put 'we played dimb tonight and didnt ask any questions' - at least we know weve got one player thats not completely deluded.

#4 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

I think he'll find that many of the fans either have watched for many years it or played,also I now play so I think he needs to think,on he thinks he's a big time player. When really people ask the question of "gareth who?"

#5 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

George and Brev both sound really down on twitter.

#6 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Dan Fleming too, and he's not even a contracted Batley player.

Really feels like its falling away at the seams at the moment.

#7 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

George and Brev both sound really down on twitter.

George retweeted Moores rant, so presume he doesnt care about the fans who pay his wages either.

I agree with Nick, feels like theres issues in the dressing room and its all slowly unravelling - publicly slagging off the people who turn up week in week out and pay the money that ultimately pay your wages is unforgivable in my book.

#8 batleybob

batleybob
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

think its all pretty harsh what being said boys gave there all and all get in return is abuse.obv can be a keyboard warrioir but lets get behind them and show them some loyalty and respect.

#9 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

Got to disagree Bob,

The players give there all and we give them our support and money in return. They also get plenty of praise when it's due too so you have to take the rough with the smooth.

If I under perform at work I expect it to be commented on. The same applies to the players.

Just because they play for the team we support doesn't mean they are above criticism or that we are in anyway being disloyal.

#10 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

think its all pretty harsh what being said boys gave there all and all get in return is abuse.obv can be a keyboard warrioir but lets get behind them and show them some loyalty and respect.

You'd complain if a shop assistant mouthed off if you reported a faulty product, saying it was unprofessional and poor customer service.

Same point applies in this instance.

Edited by buford t justice, 28 June 2013 - 05:28 AM.

#11 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

Got to disagree Bob,

The players give there all and we give them our support and money in return. They also get plenty of praise when it's due too so you have to take the rough with the smooth.

If I under perform at work I expect it to be commented on. The same applies to the players.

Just because they play for the team we support doesn't mean they are above criticism or that we are in anyway being disloyal.

That's not me by the way nick, I seem to have an admirer,  that wants to be called the same as me, 

#12 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

I didn't think it was Rob to be honest as I knew you had the Bulldogs logo as your user picture.

#13 Good Dog

Good Dog
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:12 AM

What Gareth needs to realise is that if he was disappointed last night then the fans who truly love the club and pay good money each season were probably twice as disappointed. Think he needs to grow up a bit. Players are not beyond reproach and need to accept the criticism alongside the cheers.

#14 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Wow, can't believe the several posts of rubbish he's put on twitter, sounds like Keef Senior.

#15 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

If he'd had a good game I'd forgive his Twitter nonsense but he didn't seem to do much.

Thought Campbell played hard, and when George came on he lifted the team as per usual, but we were well beaten by a clinical team in Leigh.  They looked like winners from the word go.  Unfortunately, Batley didn't.  Nothing seemed to be made from the half backs.  Was it that they were void of ideas or did the Leigh side bully them into submission?  I don't know.  Not the best display of rugby though.

I still don't understand why we don't use our backs out wide instead of just taking in the first few drives.  These lads are way too fast to be used only down the centre of the field!

SIGNATURE

#16 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

If he'd had a good game I'd forgive his Twitter nonsense but he didn't seem to do much.

Thought Campbell played hard, and when George came on he lifted the team as per usual, but we were well beaten by a clinical team in Leigh.  They looked like winners from the word go.  Unfortunately, Batley didn't.  Nothing seemed to be made from the half backs.  Was it that they were void of ideas or did the Leigh side bully them into submission?  I don't know.  Not the best display of rugby though.

I still don't understand why we don't use our backs out wide instead of just taking in the first few drives.  These lads are way too fast to be used only down the centre of the field!

Tbh we have played like this for the last 4 or 5 games. Devoid of ideas, very poor kicking game, bad decisions being made etc. It can only be placed at the feet of the PLAYERS and the COACHING STAFF. No one else.

We as spectators have the right--Gareth Moore-- to criticise, where do you think your wages come from, they do not come from  a sugar daddy, AKA Salford, . They come from people thro' the turnstiles, Season Ticket holders, Sponsors,the Supporters Club and BISSA. If you haven't grasped it BATLEY RLFC is a fans club, where everyone works together. This month alone there has been a BISSA dinner, A golf day, A supporters club function, and next month,an Evening with Ian Millward. Have/will any players attend I ask myself.All designed at raising funds and ultimately paying your wages.

That is why players are being ,and I quote--'Bagged'

At the moment whether the players like it or not , they are not appearing to work together, and the speccies are rightly frustrated. They have a right to be.

It does appear to me that since the talk of recent weeks has been of nothing but ''where I am going to be next year'' the performance on the field has dropped away alarmingly.

This is wrong and in some way I feel the RLFC are partly to blame by allowing a June 1st deadline for players to be approached.

Rant over and looking forward to a much better performance against Featherstone, and probably being ''bagged'' by bulldoggy style.

Colinb.

Edited by colinb, 28 June 2013 - 09:17 AM.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#17 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

Couldnt agree more gareth hope u ave the time to think and relise what u ave said in either heat of the moment. Dont forget we remember u comming off at fev 4
Seasons ago with a so called injury and next thing u were sighning for wakefield. We supporters welcomend u back with open arms we didnt bag u as u call it . Enough said grow up and take it like a proffesional u are suposed to be .

#18 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

Tbh we have played like this for the last 4 or 5 games. Devoid of ideas, very poor kicking game, bad decisions being made etc. It can only be placed at the feet of the PLAYERS and the COACHING STAFF. No one else.

We as spectators have the right--Gareth Moore-- to criticise, where do you think your wages come from, they do not come from a sugar daddy, AKA Salford, . They come from people thro' the turnstiles, Season Ticket holders, Sponsors,the Supporters Club and BISSA. If you haven't grasped it BATLEY RLFC is a fans club, where everyone works together. This month alone there has been a BISSA dinner, A golf day, A supporters club function, and next month,an Evening with Ian Millward. Have/will any players attend I ask myself.All designed at raising funds and ultimately paying your wages.
That is why players are being ,and I quote--'Bagged'
At the moment whether the players like it or not , they are not appearing to work together, and the speccies are rightly frustrated. They have a right to be.

It does appear to me that since the talk of recent weeks has been of nothing but ''where I am going to be next year'' the performance on the field has dropped away alarmingly.

This is wrong and in some way I feel the RLFC are partly to blame by allowing a June 1st deadline for players to be approached.

Rant over and looking forward to a much better performance against Featherstone, and probably being ''bagged'' by bulldoggy style.
Colinb.

+1

Excellent post Colin

#19 dogga

dogga
  • Coach
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

colin supporters club do is tonight

Batley Bulldogs Supporters Club are pleased to inform you they will be hosting a concert evening at Batley Irish Nash on Friday 28th June tickets are on sale for £5 children are welcome. Performing will be local acts Twist of Fate,Reel High,Stella, Jade Helliwell and Compere John Miller. payment on the door will be taken
union whats that?

#20 Rab C

Rab C
  • Coach
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

We as spectators have the right--Gareth Moore-- to criticise, where do you think your wages come from, they do not come from  a sugar daddy, AKA Salford, . They come from people thro' the turnstiles, Season Ticket holders, Sponsors,the Supporters Club and BISSA. If you haven't grasped it BATLEY RLFC is a fans club, where everyone works together. This month alone there has been a BISSA dinner, A golf day, A supporters club function, and next month,an Evening with Ian Millward. Have/will any players attend I ask myself.All designed at raising funds and ultimately paying your wages.

That is why players are being ,and I quote--'Bagged'

Colinb.

Excellent post Colin..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users