Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Gareth Moore on Twitter

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

"

I take it you didnt read all the follow up replies he sent to fans who questioned this?

I'm guessing he asked them all if they needed any kit supplying for the new season?

#42 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

"Having taken the trouble to go on Twitter and read the comment first hand I must admit that it didn't offend me in the slightest. Storm in a teacup. What does come over is that the loss hurt the players and that some of them are really feeling it. I was disappointed in the display after spending nearly 2 hours on the road to get there, but I slept like a log that night. Not so some of the players, it seems, including GM. Lets' not give them any more stick, they don't need it."

I take it you didnt read al the follow up replies he sent to fans who questioned this?

If you did and didnt find them offensive, then theres something inherantly wrong with you.

If an employee of a company goes on a public forum and effs and jeffs at the customers of that company, he'd be for the high jump - obviously this is acceptabl behaviour in Rugby League then - we may as well stop playing the clips at games about Rugby League being a family sport, and to respect players etc, as its clearly not reciprocated.

You deserve a reply Buford.  I've re visited Twitter and I think that I have found the comment that you allude to and your final summing up is absolutely fair. What is shows, I guess, is that you shouldn't use social sites such as twitter when you are tired and emotional (not a euphemism!.......and before anyone asks, not referring to myself).  Still, the overwhelming impression that I got was how disappointed the players were, including GM. For what its' worth  I wouldn't have been offended by the 'fans bagging' comment, nor would I have replied to it at such an emotive time.

Edited by Bi11, 03 July 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#43 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

You deserve a reply Buford. I've re visited Twitter and I think that I have found the comment that you allude to and your final summing up is absolutely fair. What is shows, I guess, is that you shouldn't use social sites such as twitter when you are tired and emotional (not a euphemism!.......and before anyone asks, not referring to myself). Still, the overwhelming impression that I got was how disappointed the players were, including GM. For what its' worth I wouldn't have been offended by the 'fans bagging' comment, nor would I have replied to it at such an emotive time.

Fair comments Bill and totally agree with you.

I see hes deleted a lot of the tweets since.

From what ive heard this week the powers that be at the club arent too impressed with him either, so lets hope hes had the dressing down he needs and repays us all with a good performance on Sunday.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law