Leeds Rhinos sign Hawks star Yates on 2 year contract

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 HunsletHawks

HunsletHawks
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

Leeds Rhinos have announced the signing of impressive 23-year-old prop Andy Yates from Hunslet Hawks on a two year contract from December 2013.

Click here for more info

#2 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

Well done Andy-- a great move for you.

Looks like he will be with us for the rest of this season. If he hadn't signed for the Rhinos he would have probably gone to Halifax. Featherstone, Sheffield or Leigh, and be playing against us next season.

A boost also for the other players in our ranks with the knowledge that they are being watched by a Super League club.

#3 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

He has certainly earned this opportunity. Good luck to the lad.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#4 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Yes, great move for Andy and much deserved, hes been our player of the year this season and deserves his chance at the highest level again. I think he will come on leaps and bounds in a full time environment and I believe he can be Leeds Rhinos next Jamie Peacock.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#5 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Best of luck Andy Yates , well done , ...............If he'd av signed now we might av got two under 19's in payment , that Leeds did'nt want..........

#6 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

Will we get any kind of fee?

#7 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

Will we get any kind of fee?

No, as hes a free agent come September

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#8 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

Well done yates you deserve your chance. If I'm being honest tho id rather him sign anyone other than that shower over the river
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#9 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,184 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Well done yates you deserve your chance. If I'm being honest tho id rather him sign anyone other than that shower over the river

that's the thanks you get for helping you out. :onthequiet:

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#10 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Congratulations Andy you deserve your chance to play at a higher level. According to the League Express Andy will be dual registered with the Hawks next year so hopefully for us it might not be the last we see of him.

#11 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

Well done andy . Probably works well for us too.

#12 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

It would have been very unlikely we would have kept Andy next season due to cost and the fact every club in the league have shown interest in him. I would rather see him at Leeds getting his chance, than lining up for Leigh or Fev against us (if we stay up)!

So I think its the best possible scenario for the club, Andy gets the chance that he deserves to progress his career, we get the chance to possibly get Andy next season and he wont be lining up against us for one of our rivals!

So its a great move all round.  

#13 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Got to agree in an age when transfer fees are never gonna happen due to Bosman it seems its the best move all round, just wish Leeds had a young up Nd coming scrum half who can show and go, spot a gap and scoot through from 40 yards...oh for a Graham King again!
Posted Image

#14 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

HERE HERE .IT DOES SEEM TO BE A ONE WAY STREET ! P.S. HAVE LEEDS R.L. PAID US FOR JAMES LOWES YET ? ? A

#15 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

that's the thanks you get for helping you out. :onthequiet:

didnt expect aything else from macca , great to have leeds helping hunslet  out then this is the other side of the coin ,the hatred is still there from a handful of of fans down at the SLS bit 2 faces dont u think ? takes ll sorts i guess , good luck to mr yates he will fit in im sure

#16 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

Thought we were helping leeds

#17 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

Good luck andy you deserve your chance,take it with both hands mate,been the best player for hunslet 99% of the time.Now the other side of the coin ,we are probably going down,leeds rl pick off our best player for nowt,ooh I didn't see that coming,did you,tends to leave a bad taste in the mouth don't it.

#18 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Good luck andy you deserve your chance,take it with both hands mate,been the best player for hunslet 99% of the time.Now the other side of the coin ,we are probably going down,leeds rl pick off our best player for nowt,ooh I didn't see that coming,did you,tends to leave a bad taste in the mouth don't it.

You do talk some rubbish. Leeds offered Andy a full time contract with the chance to further his career and play in Super League. Are you seriously suggesting a current top player from Leeds coming out of contract with them would choose us as his next club? A transfer fee doesn't apply in Andy's case, he is or will be out of contract with Hunslet.

#19 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

What are you on about moose,you talk rubbish,i said good luck to the lad,and who mentioned leeds players,not me,on the fee for andy,you are right,so why did we not get him signed again,hence we may have got a fee,not rocket science is it really.

#20 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Showed a picture of him stood next to BE and BM in the evening post last night in a Leeds shirt , he dos'nt sign till Dec but Leeds just could'nt wait could they....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users