TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

The Future

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

According to our Chairman quoted in the journals.The futures looking quiet promising both on and off the field.Major sponsor could be in place if the restructure goes ahead.Not many chairman will be quoting exciting times in todays climate.Fingers crossed,maybe we can be in a position to compeat for honours again.

#2 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

What restructure?

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#3 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

What restructure?

League restructure #6.

I prefer the past!

:smoke:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#4 My Father was a Desert Rat

My Father was a Desert Rat
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. 

"A four-hour tour of a local hll: Pudsey, Tingley, Hanging Heaton, Shaw Cross, Batley, Dewsbury, Chickenley, Earlsheaton, Gawthorpe, Horbury, Castleford, Pontefract, Normanton, Hemsworth, Fitzwilliam, Sharlston, and Streethouse.

Hard towns for hard men".

David Peace. 1974.

#5 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

Im confused by the fact that we could have a sponsor if the RFL decide to screw us over again.....ooops restructure the league

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

I hear the new sponsor is Pedigree Chum

That"s right your dog food :lol:

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#7 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

As i understand it, Batley are the ones looking to be devoured

Either way KN is a tool (the opinions of JN are not representative of DRLFC)

#8 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

I hear the new sponsor is Pedigree Chum

That"s right your dog food :lol:

Shouldnt you be looking up players that will play next season for peanuts.Never mind at least the threat of breach of salary caps been lifted.

#9 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:19 AM

We'll still finish above you Equalizer. And yes as I said to ER ill put money on that. £200 for starters. Happy to discuss further though

#10 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

We'll still finish above you Equalizer. And yes as I said to ER ill put money on that. £200 for starters. Happy to discuss further though

Never had a bet in my life BUT that does seem like a very tempting offer.Instead of having a go at us for daring to utter what we hopes just a rumour.Why not ask the questions on your own site.Has the board slashed the wages for next year.Is it true up to10 players are leaving.Trouble is denials your lots middle name.Now back to Dewsbury it is our board and back to the thread.Its probably the most up beat ive heard our chairman.Even after we became the undefeated he spoke with caution.If its true it proves that he has been over the lean years the clubs best asset.

After thought you are on about finishing above us next year?

Edited by EQUALIZER, 29 June 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#11 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

No one's defying anything Equalizer. Players are likely to leave, and because other teams including the Rams can offer more money. And you can't blame the players at all, it's a short career.

I don't know definitively the details of our funding structure, but with the RFL cutting the budgets given to all clubs outside RL, then there is a chance we will have to react and offer smaller salaries. Which may mean we lose a few more players, as already mentioned.

It's no conspiracy theory though. Most clubs in this division will be in the same boat. Some will be able to make up the shortfall through their own independent streams of income, squadbuilders, sponsorship, etc.

I hope the Rams have a better year for you guys next season. That's her difference between me and you though in that I don't have any kind of vengeance towards your club.

Oh but whatever happens I still think we will finish above you, and the bet is still on if you want it:).

#12 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

No one's defying anything Equalizer. Players are likely to leave, and because other teams including the Rams can offer more money. And you can't blame the players at all, it's a short career.

I don't know definitively the details of our funding structure, but with the RFL cutting the budgets given to all clubs outside RL, then there is a chance we will have to react and offer smaller salaries. Which may mean we lose a few more players, as already mentioned.

It's no conspiracy theory though. Most clubs in this division will be in the same boat. Some will be able to make up the shortfall through their own independent streams of income, squadbuilders, sponsorship, etc.

I hope the Rams have a better year for you guys next season. That's her difference between me and you though in that I don't have any kind of vengeance towards your club.

Oh but whatever happens I still think we will finish above you, and the bet is still on if you want it:).

How have i vengance???i wished you all the best on your board the other night.

#13 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

Well in 99.9% of your posts it comes out that way. But I must have missed that one. I'm guessing you were either ill or p*ssed;)!

Not that it really matters. That's what these forums are for I suppose.

#14 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

Well in 99.9% of your posts it comes out that way. But I must have missed that one. I'm guessing you were either ill or p*ssed;)!

Not that it really matters. That's what these forums are for I suppose.

ME @ISSED Now where did u get that one from.The fact is life with out Batley would be unacceptable.Just like Batley need us its the rival thing that makes it special.

#15 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

It would be nice to have a competitive Dewsbury team for a change....... but I won't hold my breath ;)

#16 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

It would be nice to have a competitive Dewsbury team for a change....... but I won't hold my breath ;)

U Can hold it if u like.Just for an hour.lol

Might beat you on Boxing Day due to  you probably only having 3 players.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 29 June 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#17 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Would be nice to have both a top of table dewsbury and batley side but that's unlikely. In 2000 when we was the best outside superleague batley was poor. Now batleys at top end were average.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 29 June 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#18 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

And its probably the likely start that maybe now our club will start to maybe over take you again! Batleys been punching about their weight for afew years now but welldone for that, be tough to keep it going though if you keep losing good players because you can't give them wages they deserve for been a top 4 club.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 29 June 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#19 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

You dont think we can't afford a squad of 23 - 25 players? Which players have we lost? Keep dreaming of what might be while we in batley have reality to continue with. Next season will come in 2014 until then we have the play offs to look forward to what do you have? The posibility of signing hemmingway for 2014?

#20 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

You dont think we can't afford a squad of 23 - 25 players? Which players have we lost? Keep dreaming of what might be while we in batley have reality to continue with. Next season will come in 2014 until then we have the play offs to look forward to what do you have? The posibility of signing hemmingway for 2014?

Think youll find top 8 qualify for play offs and wernt we 8th when we won the big one 40 years ago.

Could be raiding another far more bigger club than yourselves  if my sources are correct and they were about your lot..Then you will be worried but thats too secret for you my friend.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 29 June 2013 - 03:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users