The Future

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,285 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

You dont think we can't afford a squad of 23 - 25 players? Which players have we lost? Keep dreaming of what might be while we in batley have reality to continue with. Next season will come in 2014 until then we have the play offs to look forward to what do you have? The posibility of signing hemmingway for 2014?

Spitting the dummy PM?

Just when I thought you had some savoir faire.

:onthequiet:

Edited by Blind side johnny, 29 June 2013 - 04:18 PM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#22 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 500 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

I think it is fair to say Batley have drastically over achieved over the past few years. Whilst the Heavy Woollens bigger club have struggled.

Come next season "normal" service will be resumed and the Rams will regain the whip hand over the boys from mt unpleasant!
Posted Image

#23 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

I wasn't been funny piggys mate, just saying it will be hard to keep up at the top end if you're club can't give top of table wages to keep you're better players. That's no dig at batley as they are doing the correct thing and won't pay wages they can't afford, like us at dewsbury. That said now wev paid off our brewery debt from the mcdermott days, close to a new club sponsor, new stand and future land development getting the goahead to create future income and cement out longterm future, 70 grand a year extra income from carboots, fully booked up function room yearly income, and bigger home crowds for the last ten years than batley despite your higher league positions then we should be ahead of batley and should be more confident of overtaking you in that ladder in the next few years. If we dont then somethings wrong

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 29 June 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#24 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

I'd like to think that oneday we could be riding high in the championship again

#25 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

I think it is fair to say Batley have drastically over achieved over the past few years. Whilst the Heavy Woollens bigger club have struggled.

Come next season "normal" service will be resumed and the Rams will regain the whip hand over the boys from mt unpleasant!

That should reel a few in.

#26 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

I wasn't been funny piggys mate, just saying it will be hard to keep up at the top end if you're club can't give top of table wages to keep you're better players. That's no dig at batley as they are doing the correct thing and won't pay wages they can't afford, like us at dewsbury. That said now wev paid off our brewery debt from the mcdermott days, close to a new club sponsor, new stand and future land development getting the goahead to create future income and cement out longterm future, 70 grand a year extra income from carboots, fully booked up function room yearly income, and bigger home crowds for the last ten years than batley despite your higher league positions then we should be ahead of batley and should be more confident of overtaking you in that ladder in the next few years. If we dont then somethings wrong

That seems to be a reasonable assessment.  There again I would not have expected little old Batley to be in a league higher than Oldham, or remembering that York once  had crowds that were better than yours and ours combined I would not have guessed that they would languish in a lower league than us for a while. Nor would I have expected our slightly bigger brother across the valley to end up in a league below us at one time. Anyway, there looks to be good initiatives off the field at Dews and good luck to you, except when we are around, of course.

#27 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 500 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

That should reel a few in.

That was the intention!!
Posted Image

#28 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Lol trouble is until you are in a better position than The mighty Batley Bulldogs you av to to take your medcine! The dogs can sustain their position in the top 4 because we have a club that is run to sustain the team. You have one owner who can take what they want from the club! Where does all your cash go? You are and will be our bitches for the now and in the future so get used to it :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#29 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

I really don't understand this Batley/Dewsbury hostility.

Both clubs would have been down the crapper long ago if it weren't for the local derbies,  so long may it continue.

I'm old enough to remember the Rams years of dominance over the dogs (and yes i know there weren't many Piggy :ph34r: )  and wise enough to realize that what goes around comes around, 

so i have no problem with Batley being in the ascendancy just now. 

What does concern me is the rumours and whispers that seem to be permeating the rams board of late alluding to Batley and alleged  financial difficulties.

Why that would give anybody any pleasure is beyond me, and i know for a fact the likes of Eddie and Equalizer would be on here slagging off anyone who laid similar claims at the Rams door (EVEN IN THE MCDERMOTT ERA)

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#30 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

I have no issues with dewsbury as long as they are one place below us ;)

If you want to know our financial position ask one of our shareholders.....

Oh that would be me then ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#31 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 500 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

Regardless of whether Batley beat Dewsbury for the next 20 years. Dewsbury will always be the bigger of the 2 clubs.
Posted Image

#32 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Who are your shareholders? How many board members do you have? How big and how long have you had an independant squad builder? The Rams are a decade behind the dogs and it shows on the pitch

#33 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Regardless of whether Batley beat Dewsbury for the next 20 years. Dewsbury will always be the bigger of the 2 clubs.

Bigger yes better No

I know which I prefer and so do your green eyed fans :lol:

#34 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

Both clubs would have been down the crapper long ago if it weren't for the local derbies,  so long may it continue.

I'm old enough to remember the Rams years of dominance over the dogs (and yes i know there weren't many Piggy :ph34r: )  and wise enough to realize that what goes around comes around, 

What does concern me is the rumours and whispers that seem to be permeating the rams board of late alluding to Batley and alleged  financial difficulties.

Why that would give anybody any pleasure is beyond me, and i know for a fact the likes of Eddie and Equalizer would be on here slagging off anyone who laid similar claims at the Rams door (EVEN IN THE MCDERMOTT ERA)

I for one aint gloating,ive cheered Batley on in the past and will do so in the future..This post was intended to reflect a note of optimism echoed by our chairman about our club,which seemed fair at the time being on our board..Now we know we need Batley just like they need us.However Bill and Ben keep coming on here having a go at us.All im saying is that before they have a pop at us make sure your own house is ship shape.If you dont want rumours to spread tell your players to keep stuck.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 29 June 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#35 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

If Mark Sawyer had decided to spend more than we could afford or we had directors putting large sums of money into the club as happens at some teams in this league then we too would be top 4 team.

If we had been able to afford to keep Bostock, Finn, Crossley, England , Lockwood, Turner, Brambani, Walker, Faal, Hirst, then we would have been a Top 4 side. But money talks and generally the teams that spend the most finish at the top. we have been unwilling/unable to match terms offered by other clubs and so we have struggled. But the club seems to be on the way up off the field and this will eventually be reflected on the field.

But you have to take your hat off to Batley with what they have achieved on limited resources, but it looks like they are starting to suffer in losing players as we have done.

#36 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

Agree with all that John - not really interested in Batley's affairs, particularly as they have no relevance to our own. future - I would however prefer we both stayed in the same division for obvious reasons. Neither can I be bothered to reflect on, or bask in past glories - like the 1966 world cup, they are fond memories, but nothing to do with the here and now. Fact is, I preferred the Norman Smith years when we won nowt, to our golden era in the seventies.

Edited by grumpyoldram, 30 June 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#37 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

Well said John.  There should be room for rivalry and banter, it adds to the interest; but no room for gloating.  Like PM I'd be happy to see Dewsbury one place below us in the table, but would never wish them ill luck.

#38 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

Aren't people bored of this "my dad's bigger than your dad" rubbish yet?

I'm guessing the average age on this board is about 13. It's no wonder it's dying, Jeez.

#39 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

Aren't people bored of this "my dad's bigger than your dad" rubbish yet?

I'm guessing the average age on this board is about 13. It's no wonder it's dying, Jeez.

Agreed Chairman , but its your inbreds thats bringing the age down.

#40 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

Chairman LMAO -yep agree with you there, it seems to take only about 2-3 posts on any topic before it degenerates into usual "we've got more supporters / a better team than you" drivel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users