Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

forwards

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dipset11

dipset11
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

I just thought on watching the other day that forwards are not too bad (plus back 3)not much imagination from hookers halfbacks,I seen mullaly and josh good hard workers dan fleming goes ok at time keegan big and hard to stop when he get hold of it and alex rowe looks very dangerous everytime he gets the ball I heard from a good source that mark ashton has spoken to him to come back as they missed his power and trys this year.what are your thoughts?

#2 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Who is Mark Ashton?

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#3 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 676 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Workmanlike forwards. Inspire very little in attack though.

Bretherton has been very quiet lately, he was a world beater a couple of years ago!!

Alex Rowe looks very good against the whipping boys of the competition but not so impressed when he`s up against the real deals.

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

OFFS we loose again but it is not the end of the world! Yes we havnt beaten one of the top teams but we still have a chance to beat fev, leigh & fax before the season ends. We have been competitive in all these games bar the leigh away game and until the end of last nights game two scores would have won it for us. In the second half leigh scored from a bad decision by the ref when the penalty should have gone our way followed by an inteception try finished with such skill after cambell chased all the way down the field. Leigh wer the better team last night. Perhaps we freeze when we go behind? We worked our way back into the match and had pressure and held up over the line and were unlucky not to score in the corner. I dont accept that we are pants as some seem to think and are now wanting our players to leave. Tom H was cover for Moore and was used in that way until his return and JK knows more about rugby coaching than anyone at Batley. I have enjoyed the season to date. Yes i have been disapointed as could also be seen by george towards the end of the game as I think the whole team was! Moore just made the mistake of venting his frustrations on us as we are on him. Lets not write ourselves off yet eh.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 dipset11

dipset11
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

vito I think breth has been carrying a few injuries of late but he has shown glimpses of his former self.rowe was stand out last night when we played fax at start tore them up and was prob best forward against sheff apart from.last 10-15 with bad conditions when we was chasing the game

#6 Paladin

Paladin
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Until they start passing the ball to more than one man at a time, we will never overcome the top three. What are centres and wingers for? We might as well not have them the type of rugby being played at the moment.

Have gun....will travel....Wire Paladin

#7 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

vito I think breth has been carrying a few injuries of late but he has shown glimpses of his former self.rowe was stand out last night when we played fax at start tore them up and was prob best forward against sheff apart from.last 10-15 with bad conditions when we was chasing the game

With the best will in the world, you have to be joking when you say that Rowe was 'probably' our best forward against Sheffield. He was absolutely dreadful in that game, and lost the ball around seven or eight times. I do like Rowe and he's been effective for us over the majority of this season, but when it comes to forcing impossible offloads and dropping the pill, he's probably the worst culprit in our squad.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users