Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Getting rid of the Super League brand

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#141 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,562 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

Agreed. The cringeworthy efforts on Soccer AM when Ryan Hall was on highlighted this,

"Are you looking forward to the Super League World Cup at the end of the year Ryan?"

"Well done for being in the World Super League team of the year!"

Rugby League is now Super League in the eyes of many people, not sure if thats a good thing or not. At least they are aware of Super League and know what it is, but it doesnt sit right when its confused as above.

As it happens he's on Question Of Sport tonight

What ackton an days is very persuasive and well thought out as ever

But I'm not convinced: the real issue for me is that the comp doesn't have a commercial partner to hang its name onto the title
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#142 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

On previous threads I have mentioned and see mentioned whether top flight RL in the northern hemisphere shouldn't just rebrand itself as the NRL Europe.

I can understand the issues and objections involved with doing this, but I do think it could be a good idea to rebadge RL in Europe using the twin chevron chest logo that they are using down under.

I recall reading that all RL competitions in Australia will use the chevron badge with the initials of the comp above it, maybe we could incorporate it here ( I won't attempt to do any designs). It may seem an insignificant thing to do, but it would I feel show that we are all part of the same rugby family.

#143 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

On previous threads I have mentioned and see mentioned whether top flight RL in the northern hemisphere shouldn't just rebrand itself as the NRL Europe.

I can understand the issues and objections involved with doing this, but I do think it could be a good idea to rebadge RL in Europe using the twin chevron chest logo that they are using down under.

I recall reading that all RL competitions in Australia will use the chevron badge with the initials of the comp above it, maybe we could incorporate it here ( I won't attempt to do any designs). It may seem an insignificant thing to do, but it would I feel show that we are all part of the same rugby family.

White with red and blue? Might look pretty damn good that.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.