Workington Away

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

Barmy Army bus full ready for another memorable trip.There will be a stop probably in Penrith for non alcholic beverages ha ha.Lets get behind all the lads big game but one we can win.

#2 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

With Workington been well beaten today,they will be well up for this game now,we have had a week off to recover from any knocks the players might have had. I will go for Town 20 - Rams 24.

#3 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

With Workington been well beaten today,they will be well up for this game now,we have had a week off to recover from any knocks the players might have had. I will go for Town 20 - Rams 24.

Fev away was always gonna be difficult. No doubt both clubs will see this one as winnable.not much in it Loser to get a BP

#4 Barnsleyram

Barnsleyram
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Are there any places left?
How much would it cost?
Who can I contact in the future for a seat?
Is there a reserve list in the case that someone has to drop out on Sunday?

Cheers

#5 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Are there any places left?
How much would it cost?
Who can I contact in the future for a seat?
Is there a reserve list in the case that someone has to drop out on Sunday?

Cheers

I believe were full at the minute m8 but will put u down has first refuse.

#6 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Or barnsley ram. you could contact the club and book on elsies bus for this weekend?

Imsure next time though youl be able to go on the fun bus, just this weekends bus is full.

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

Sadly wont be there sunday but imsure youl all have a laugh equalizer.. Dont forget to sing the lads to victory... gutted im missing it!

#8 Barnsleyram

Barnsleyram
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

#9 Barnsleyram

Barnsleyram
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

#10 Barnsleyram

Barnsleyram
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Cheers. How much would it cost if a place comes up?

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

We're an inconsistent team , from match to match and during the 80 minutes of a single game ! We have a good looking team sheet but very rarely play to the sum of our parts . Now and again we click , like when we beat Leigh , and on many other occasions we are blighted by errors and brain explosions which kill us . We can beat most teams ... And lose to most teams . Yes it is a game you can win , and its one we can win if we turn up and deliver what we have . Will we ? God knows ... not knowing what youre gonna see comes with watching town I'm afraid !!!
Safe journey up .

#12 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Seems just like Dewsbury DavidM, except we don't beat Leigh.

Reckon Worky will be smarting from last week's defeat and will want to put that right - against us! We've had a rest and will want to continue with that on the field, resting. Ah! but we will only have 17 fit players (notwithstanding any sent out on loan and James Craven, water carrier) to trot out onto the pitch, who will be lethargic for most of the game.

As you can guess, I don't think we will win; couldn't beat them at home, so away is most unlikely.

Workington 38 - 22 Dewsbury

Att: 689

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#13 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

hope you all have a good journey up.belting forecast so bring your shorts and shades, as davidm says we must be one of the most frustrating sides in the league, we can go from beating leigh (and the scoreline flattered them), to being quite easily beaten by whitehaven (and the scoreline flattered us). at home i see us having too much for you, but you shoukd take home a bonus point.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#14 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

A tricky one to assess this, and I tend to agree with CF.

Workington has often been an unhappy hunting ground for us and I reckon it will continue to be so. Our home loss earlier in the season was hard to take and one of our most disappointing performances in my view. Maybe the players will be determined to take revenge for that, or maybe they'll be as bad once more - who can tell?

We do seem to have a catalogue of injuries together with other "absentees" and Bradford's ongoing poor form is unlikely to offer any DR (yeugh) advantges to us, so it looks like the team will be pretty well the same as we have had for the past few games.

Workington 34 - 18 Rams

Att: 725

(Apologies for my absence, I'm washing my hair.)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#15 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Tough trip we don't often come away from Cumbria with a win. They will be smarting after last week. I'd like to think we could come back with a BP.
Town 26- Rams 18
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#16 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

6-0 after 15mins
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#17 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

16-0

[

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

We don't play our best in hot weather.

22 - 0

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

22-6

[

#20 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Nearly ft looks like Donny and haven got nothing as well.

[

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users