RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury rams at home. team and predictions

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#1 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Tough game yet again. Cant see it being high scoring. Loser to get a BP. How many DR they have may affect this fixture.
Team. Carter miller mossop morris flynn connor callum p, dowes, matty ,coward, brett p, stack, lupton. Bench thacks walne shacks lawton (if avaliable).

#2 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Tough game yet again. Cant see it being high scoring. Loser to get a BP. How many DR they have may affect this fixture.
Team. Carter miller mossop morris flynn connor callum p, dowes, matty ,coward, brett p, stack, lupton. Bench thacks walne shacks lawton (if avaliable).

No Acton?
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#3 recre2

recre2
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

Town 16 Dewsbury 28

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

[quote name="gillmeister" post="2736133" timestamp="1372624947"]

No Acton?[/quote

Oops. Yes acton in for lawton.

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

town to win by 10 points. as for the team? i have no idea what it will be, possibly coward and shacks at half back.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#6 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

town to win by 10 points. as for the team? i have no idea what it will be, possibly coward and shacks at half back.

Could be anyone wonky if I was you I would have your boots on standby

#7 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

You sound a bit peeved off wonky. Is that with players changing positions.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

Difficult to predict when you don't know the DR situation , I'd take Craven but if he's not available - Miller , Calderwood , Hulme ,Connor , Flynn , Carter , Callum , Thacks , Matty , Coward , Phillips , Stack , Lupton ..... The Beast , Walne , Big Red , anyone you like .

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

You sound a bit peeved off wonky. Is that with players changing positions.

Well we have had more changes than Lady Gaga at half-back!!!! The thing is we were saying we needed half-backs at the end of last season and here we are approaching the final run-in and we still don't know who our half-backs are. What's the longest consecutive times a pairing has been together this season? Two games, three games!!!!!

Edited by Keith T, 30 June 2013 - 09:23 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

I'm working on the well thought out plan of who hasn't had a go yet .

#11 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

Bloody hell people are actually starting to see it from my point of view !!!!

#12 abu

abu
  • Coach
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Having given the dr a lot of thought i just dont think it as been a success for town, i think we need all our players training together tuesday thursday and saturday morning and that includes the travelling lads. FAR better getting them on loan if possible just dont think you can work out moves with out a full squad there on all training nights?

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

Bloody hell people are actually starting to see it from my point of view !!!!

Are you not being a tad pompous there!!!! As I said earlier this is what was being said on here at the end of last season but I don't recall you being around on here then. Your point of view is what many on here have been saying since 2012 season.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

God only knows how this will go, but it will be a very difficult game.

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

We thought we'd signed Connor for that ... But no , we thought we had Coyle ... But no , then at last we had Callum and Peter and that was that sorted ... But only to be changed again . I still think that's the best bet if we're going with our own . They can train , prepare and play together and have a good mix of skills , but heh who knows what's round the corner ? If you need Peter for 13 just while Karl's out then why not Carter in there . Gets both him and Miller in central areas with big involvements ?

Edited by DavidM, 30 June 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#16 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

Coyle ... Connor.... Kaighan... Holt.... Forber... Lupton.... Phillips.... Here's a curve ball... Maybe it's not the halfbacks who are the base of the problem?,....

#17 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

Coyle ... Connor.... Kaighan... Holt.... Forber... Lupton.... Phillips.... Here's a curve ball... Maybe it's not the halfbacks who are the base of the problem?,....

I agree with some of what you say if it makes you feel better mate.

I don't think it's a curve ball to say that at all. Maybe a few folk may have different opinions on what it the base of the problem, but I doubt it will be sorted before the end of the season.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#18 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

Stack was 6 too at Gateshead last year on that night

#19 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

to be fair i dont think anyone called the half backs when it was holt and kaighan. what we wouldnt give for holty to be a few years younger.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#20 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

Town by 8-10 team Carter Miller Mossop Hulme Flynn Connor Callum Acton Matty Coward J Walne B Phillips Stack Bench Luppy Thacks Shacks Dowes
bluewhitearmy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users