Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury rams at home. team and predictions

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#21 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

As charlos said the margin between winning and losing in these games is small. I.M.O It will have to be another performance like the leigh match.

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

See the bit about players wanting an input on preparations ? I dunno , maybe that's normal , but it does make you wonder if everything's harmonious ?

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,770 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

As charlos said the margin between winning and losing in these games is small. I.M.O It will have to be another performance like the leigh match.

According to the N & S article we still have to play away at Leigh!!!!!! I could have sworn we lost there 42 - 22.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

According to the N & S article we still have to play away at Leigh!!!!!! I could have sworn we lost there 42 - 22.

Me too and it wasn't in a cup comp. Must be a mistake.

#25 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,770 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

The referee this week is Mr Thierry Alibert (France) - has he been demoted? Ref for Halifax v Haven is Gareth Hewer!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

I think we've had uncle Albert before this year haven't we? And doesn't matter for Haven , noone's saving them there ! .....Albert me old son , just keep practicing ' one ... Two ... Three ... Four ... Five ... Six ' , c'est fini !!

Edited by DavidM, 02 July 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#27 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

I think we've had uncle Albert before this year haven't we? And doesn't matter for Haven , noone's saving them there ! .....Albert me old son , just keep practicing ' one ... Two ... Three ... Four ... Five ... Six ' , c'est fini !!

He was ref v Donny away and was AWFUL!!!!!

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

That's the one . He never inspires confidence when you see him does he ?

#29 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

He was ref v Donny away and was AWFUL!!!!!

hammered Thackery if I recall correctly - foutre le camp albert 

#30 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

That's the one . He never inspires confidence when you see him does he ?

yeah but surely beutiful cumbria with our rip roaring sunshine reminds him of his beloved france and puts him in a good mood.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#31 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

Good luck on sunday

Edited by morty, 03 July 2013 - 08:15 AM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#32 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

I like it wonky , and asda's vimto looks just like a good burgundy ...

#33 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

I like it wonky , and asda's vimto looks just like a good burgundy ...

and the daisies growing on the pitch will be just like the meadows he used to play in as a child.

#34 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

He'll be so misty eyed lost in reminiscences he probably won't see anything ... Should fit in in our league then .

#35 CumbrianFan12

CumbrianFan12
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

Have you got a full squad for this game? Any dual reg playing? Don't think you'll win but should get a bonus point and move further away from the battle at the bottom. Hopefully Haven get a least a bonus point (fairly doubt it) and Barrow get all 3. Only good for us all if we stay in the same division next year

#36 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

How to get as many little digs and bits of oneupmanship in while looking like you're trying not to . Clever .Hopefully Barra get it together and they stay up , and us to , but I'm sorry I would love it to bits if Haven went tumbling down. The bites and comments from their fans after the derby just reinforce my view on that . Fingers crossed .

Edited by DavidM, 03 July 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#37 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

at this point in time i dont care about cumbrian rugby league, all i care about is workington rugby league. i know it mind sound selfish and i would like barrow to stay up but if its town up and them down then so be it im afraid.

#38 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Absolutely , you could make the argument about derby crowds keeping clubs afloat once up on a time but you can't even say that any more . You've got to be selfish , every club is driven by that this year , and doubly so with the repercussions of failure .

#39 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

I dont think the derby crowds keep clubs afloat but it certainly helps quite a bit. I think both WC clubs will stay up and I would like to see barrow stay up. two from hawks cougars and lions would be best scenario but theres along way to go yet and sunday is a big 3 points.

#40 CumbrianFan12

CumbrianFan12
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

How to get as many little digs and bits of oneupmanship in while looking like you're trying not to . Clever .Hopefully Barra get it together and they stay up , and us to , but I'm sorry I would love it to bits if Haven went tumbling down. The bites and comments from their fans after the derby just reinforce my view on that . Fingers crossed .

No digs at all David, i'm just asking the question? 9 times out of 10 bringing in DR players should improve the squad in some way. Personally don't think you'll win that's no dig, not expecting anything from Haven either. How bad was Briscoe's injury is he back anytime soon?

Of course the derbys aren't what they were but by having 4 games against us & barrow overall will guarantee a minimum of 2000 more people than if you play Crusaders who are likely to come up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users