TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury rams at home. team and predictions

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#121 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Was class today would love to play them week in week out just too watch tubby fellow at full back for rams he was mom by far hahahahahahahaha NOT

#122 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

Flynn made the odd rick but his overall game was great . Very strong in attack and defence and a try of the season contender ... And one where good old Karl couldn't really be bothered much . Lawton some good runs and a neat offload and did his share in defence. PS have you ever seen a ref overrule their touchies twice ???

Edited by DavidM, 07 July 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#123 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

Lawton was decent he was taking and making yards all the time put in the kick for Flynn try in which he beat Karl pryce to the try as well as bouncing him off!! Flynn showed great attack today making yards all the time and took 2 tries well!!

#124 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

He did put the kick in , yes , must mention that . Nice summer haircut to .

#125 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

I've never seen a player hide so much as Price did. He needn't get his kit washed because he never broke sweat never mind take a ball in.

Well if they ever want to make a spoof wizard of oz substituting the lion for a ram with no heart, Karl pryce is the man.

#126 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

can we have our old announcer back for swinton, the guy today was dreadful.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#127 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

In that first half we must have given the Rams 4 or 5 sets of six in our 20metres through our own silly mistakes. I thought all that defending would tell late in the game but it didn't and it took a bad refs call for them to actually get a score. Our defence was top drawer today with everyone playing their part.

Paddy Flynn took some stick after the Haven game (rightly mind) but today apart from dropping one high kick I thought he played pretty well and took both his tries well. His first was a bit of laugh as Flynn seemed to bend down to touch the ball down and Karl Pryce seemed to go over the top of him in to touch. His second try was earned by his strong run that broke through two tackles and then he put on the after burners and went round the full-back to score under the posts.

Adam Lawton probably had his best game yet for Town and I would love to see him running his size and weight a bit more. He put in a delicate little kick for Flynn's try and Charlo commented on the radio afterwards that his kick was like that of a number 6, which I believe is where Lawton used to play as a junior.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#128 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

I thought Lupton was man of the match today , he controlled the game like a wise old head should . Did it well .

#129 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

yeah lupton was really good today and mixed up his kicking game. although why didnt we bomb more in the 2nd half with very strong sunshine.

#130 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Mmm , the kicking game is often an area for improvement . Theirs was the main point of their game , at least 3 forty twenty attempts , some huge bombs and some lovely short kicking . We must look at 40/20s more , bombs rather little chips up in the air , and little chips over the line . And why when there's a scrum near our line and the opposition has no fullback we don't belt it for the speedsters to run after ill never know . But Peter pulled the strings really nicely today with some nice dinks , in field kicks and some good vision . You can control a game with a good kicking game and enthusiasm to get full value off it . A very enthusiastic display today , real commitment , and especially good to see the effort to right every mistake that was made . Good shift in hard conditions.

Edited by DavidM, 07 July 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#131 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Wow.....How the Eck did we win that game ? I've never seen a team at DP for a long time get as much field position in our 20 and get tackled out of it. Our defence was immense today and we took advantage of the little posession we had to score some nice tries. The ref was a disgrace today and seemed to be refereeing one team only, forward passes, offsides all went one way, well done Town for overcoming this........How did the pride of Cumbria get on today ?

#132 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Wouldn't say he was a disgrace by any means ... Very self confident and obviously no confidence at all in his touchies even though with Millers try and their try they were right and he was wrong . Overall though in general play we've had far worse

#133 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

Thought the defence was outstanding today Lupton controlled it forber played quite well some good kicks into the corner miller looking back to he's best I still think he's a fullback not a winger

#134 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Yes hope Eliot is OK .

#135 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

One guy on the shaven/POC forum is blaming the heat on the bus for there drubbing today Hahahahaha unbelievable
bluewhitearmy

#136 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

One guy on the shaven/POC forum is blaming the heat on the bus for there drubbing today Hahahahaha unbelievable

a big 3 points well done. Great defence and some good trys. However at times I thought its a good job they
were poor as we didnt half gift them some sets on our line and better teams would have punished us for that

#137 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

It just reinforces what we all know ... We have to get the job done in these types of home games . Maybe add in a win at Hunslet or Barra , but certainly two points from them two games and should be more than fine .

Edited by DavidM, 07 July 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#138 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

a big 3 points well done. Great defence and some good trys. However at times I thought its a good job they
were poor as we didnt half gift them some sets on our line and better teams would have punished us for that

i think we have to give the lads credit and say we made them look bad. at the start of play we were below them so they cant be that bad of a side. i think a win vs swinton and if barrow lose that weekend then that should be us safe. 9 points with s game in hand should be way too much for them to claw back.

#139 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Only thing ref done good was pull my half time ticket out ov that bucket hahaha nice one ref u tool

#140 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

The thing I'm thinking is thackery gonna get back in the team in 2 weeks? Olstrum and briscoe I think you have gotta too pick but Thackerey over who? Coward dowes action acton and shackley were outstanding up top stackys our leader and Brett Phillips is also a shoe int

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users