Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury rams at home. team and predictions

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#141 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Shoe into compete consistently

#142 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,998 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

A good result for us yesterday, if not the best of performances. But every win is vital in this league and I'd take a scrappy win over a brave defeat anytime.

Despite a very up and down season we now sit just the 1 point behind Haven and with the Keighley home game in hand. We are in a good position to end up finishing "best of the rest" in this league which lets be honest is the very best we could have hoped for at the start of the season.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#143 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

I thought everything had a different feel to it yesterday,the warm up seemed more structured with the team actually talking and encouraging each other (even charlo was out with them),this I think showed on the pitch defence isn't an individual thing its a team effort and to nil them( which we did really) with the possession they had was nothing more than amazing.
An awesome effort by 1 to 17....
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#144 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

Surprise, surprise...... We're a poor side and only beat them because they played poorly.

Yesterday we made a poor side look average no offence to Workington but that says alot on how we performed.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#145 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

Surprise, surprise...... We're a poor side and only beat them because they played poorly.

Not the old "workington were the best of two poor sides" crack lol. No disrespect intended but they looked the worst attacking team at DP this season even s'haven were better.

#146 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Yes . And there were a lot of guys with very high shirt numbers , so with a fair bit of help to their original squad they still didn't create which is a bit worrying

Edited by DavidM, 08 July 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#147 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

with that attitude i hope they go down, im sure it was a rams fan on here telling us how we stood no chance in this league.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#148 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

You have seen many teams this year come to DP and do nothing special in attack - but then come away with points. Totally different yesterday and all due to a great collective defensive effort . Congrats on the win , youve got to be thinking about the playoffs and not looking behind you  :P

#149 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Just watched the tries again on Border News and they get better each time I see them, even though they credited Brett P with Callum P's try!!!! The nearest to catching Flynn for his second try was the referee who kept up with him all the way.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#150 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thats catching Keith coz RLE pic says Brett and report on Dews site says Brett ! See in the paper that Haven are gonna be on telly at home again ... Winds me up that we're never ever on telly at home . If they can go there why not here ... And remember we're the WC ground and Premier Sports is covering it , so a bit of introducing the ground and town to the viewers wouldn't do any harm all round ?
We always get on telly away , which we don't like , and in midweek , which is even worse , so we're on a hiding to nowt with inevitable results ... Nice for people to see us have a good chance of showing our form for once !

#151 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Maybe we will have to tell Premier Sports that we are not going to play any more matches away from home on a Thursday until they bring a club up here on a Thursday. It's been done before you know!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#152 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Bet they've gone to most other grounds .

#153 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Leatherbarrow is touchie tonight ... Do ya think the ref will ignore him when he gives some advice ?????