• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#81 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

Twice on the hooter this season!

Ahh well, all the best for the rest of the year, keep playing like that and you've nothing to worry about.

Posted Image

#82 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Congratulations on an excellent win. Really good luck for the remaining games as well.

#83 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

That was amazing . Nail biting stuff! To see the barrow lads play like that was just awesome . At the end of the game they all acted like they'd won a final .. That's how much it meant to them ! The supporters as always were vocal and cheered the lads on . Well done lads and everyone involved tonight . And thanks to the York supporters for their good wishes :) I am absolutey made up . YESSSSSS !!!!

and don't forget the very abusive as well disgusting actions from some of them towards the end well done anyway for your win

#84 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

Superb result feared that barrow would get run off there feet with the amount of scrambling defence they had to do but in the end it was York who looked out on there feet .the players certainly bought into that game thought the whole team played well but when Dawson and Brennan were introduced the go forward these 2 were getting was brilliant to see and Dawson and Harrison's offloads for wipers tries were superb thought backyard swept up well apart from he should of smashed the ref alot harder for costing barrow 6 points all in ll great game to watch and good to see Harrison causing havoc again down the left flank well done all involved

#85 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

Thought casey had a decent game especially his kicking

Edited by raiders96, 05 July 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#86 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 981 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

great effort but boy did we get the rub of the green for a change

#87 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

great effort but boy did we get the rub of the green for a change

We were due!
But for me the best thing was the evident spirit and will to win.
The players looked like they are together as a team. Those rumours of disharmony in the changing room look to be wide of the mark.
Well done to everyone concerned.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#88 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

Well played Barrow and also top marks to the ref.

#89 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

Well played Barrow and also top marks to the ref.

Just spoken to someone who has watched the Dvd - no bl**dy wonder you say top marks

to the clown in the middle + video ref got 3 decisions wrong

#90 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

No doubt we rode our luck and the ref and video ref both made errors for both sides,however a fantastic result after the Fev game!

Everybody stood up,well done Barrow! Let's kick on now!

#91 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Just spoken to someone who has watched the Dvd - no bl**dy wonder you say top marks
to the clown in the middle + video ref got 3 decisions wrong

Wait so you haven't seen the actual footage?

How is your opinion valid against someone who has actually watched the game. Which 3 did he get wrong and what did the ref get wrong?

#92 steve75

steve75
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

How is your opinion valid against someone who has actually watched the game. Which 3 did he get wrong and what did the ref get wrong?

I believe Barrow's drop goal should have counted!

Posted Image

#93 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Put it like this - the person I have spoken to watched the Dvd last night - probably because results

affect jobs if you know what I mean - to quote:

Video ref:

1. Wipers try shouldn't have stood, Latus turned him over and stopped momentum…released a bit as the tackle was made and he rolled over to get up to play the ball and the vid ref was asked to look. Don't think he even touched the ground anyway.

2. There was no way Ian Smith could determine wether Flockhart was offside from the angles he had.

3. Freer, although the ball was partly stripped, still had it pinned between his elbow and his body, was still under control.

Pitch ref:

1st half - Latus was blatently held back off the ball when Flockhart made the break, but not seen,

right in front of Knights fans, should have been a penalty & possibly a sin-binning

I was also there to witness the knock-on in your winning try at your place....

#94 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Put it like this - the person I have spoken to watched the Dvd last night - probably because results

Video ref:
1. Wipers try shouldn't have stood, Latus turned him over and stopped momentum…released a bit as the tackle was made and he rolled over to get up to play the ball and the vid ref was asked to look. Don't think he even touched the ground anyway.
2. There was no way Ian Smith could determine wether Flockhart was offside from the angles he had.
3. Freer, although the ball was partly stripped, still had it pinned between his elbow and his body, was still under control.

Pitch ref:
1st half - Latus was blatently held back off the ball when Flockhart made the break, but not seen,
right in front of Knights fans, should have been a penalty & possibly a sin-binning

Just face the fact use have been beaten fairly

#95 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

Just face the fact use have been beaten fairly

If you say so - actually think your probably deserved to sneak the win, but you don't always get

what you deserve & that includes match changing decisions

#96 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

lets us have our moment of glory without the "we were robbed" rubbish...twice on the hooter...both close games but we nicked it again..       :drinks:  :alcoholic:  :dance:  :yahoo:        :dwarf:      :party:  :suicide:  :victory:        :bye:       

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#97 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

Video ref:
3. Freer, although the ball was partly stripped, still had it pinned between his elbow and his body, was still under control.

Pitch ref:
1st half - Latus was blatently held back off the ball when Flockhart made the break, but not seen,

Many neutrals disagree with what you have said. Im not going to counter with why I think you're wrong because I can be classed as just as bias as yourself.

To suit your own argument you have chosen the decisions which went against York. You also failed to mention, your first try where the full back was obstructed in getting the ball by the ref, in the second half your player went into touch yet we got penalised right after because the official failed to see his feet had touched the line and also the drop goal.

Decisions went either way. It's rugby league. Stop whining and enjoy the game.

#98 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

I noted that during the commentary it was said by Henderson that the 3 second half disallowed tries that York had were
"The correct decisions"
Dave Wood confirmed that too.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#99 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Just finished watching the game.  

Great effort and wonderful entertainment.  The commentators loved it too.  

Push on boys, the season isn't finished yet.  

It can be done! :biggrin:

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#100 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

well done lads. stuck in right to hooter. build on this , imo apart from fev every team in this league can  be beat on the day if the team turns up and plays there game plan, what lies ahead is any ones game. take this performance into the next game which is at home and you will get a result. agree with liam Harrison back at centre. has such an impact and think hes marked out of the game at second row.

I think Fev can be beaten Im afraid as I have witnessed it first hand; You did something we couldn't do last night and that was beat York at York lol; (Fev fan)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users