Hornets Fronting Up!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

Coach is planning a fans Q&A session this Wednesday, I hope its in response to recent events and not just a pre-planned event.

Never-the-less great to see the coach and club standing up to be counted, should be interesting, I really hope I can get over:

http://www.hornetsru...le.php?id=11734

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

Looking forward to the event, we'll see if all these keyboard warriors can get themselves over there and say what they have been saying on here to Ian Talbot's face!

Time to p*** or get off the pot!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Again Puggy you have to be a member (us and them), or pay £20 to get in? Hastily organised with just over 48 hours notice, an early start so the workers will struggle to get to it. Call me cynical, but if there is 15 people there (and i could probably name them all now) i would be stunned. I personally cannot go due to going on holiday tonight. Its should be a fans forum open to all £3 non members, members free.

Why does the team not train in Rochdale once a week as agreed?

Why do we not have a kitman?

What is the problem between Talbot, Mark Wynn & Matt Calland?

Is Matt Calland suspended from work?

Why when the squad where offered Spotland to train on 3 times i understand, prior to the pitch renovations, was this opportunity not taken up, because the players dont like travelling to Rockydale?

Why has the team started the season switching off for large periods of the game and now halfway through the season we have exactly the same problem? Why has this not been addresed?

Why is the U20s team struggling to find 13 players most weeks, even asking a security man at Salfords ground if he fancied playing?

Why when 5 spare 1st team players where located was the U20s coach not give permission to fill the U20s at Salford with these players?

Why was Lewis Sheridan told he was not apart of Ian Talbots plans after a fantastic showing against Skolars, and when Lewis asked to leave was he initially refused permission to play for Mayfield?

Is "The players didnt stick to the game plan" really an excuse anymore?

Will Ian talbot ever drop a player?

Will Ian Talbot be at the club next year?

If members where to vote now, would Ian Talbot be still in a job?

Why do we not have a plan B if the Wayne English or the quick hands move doesnt come off?

Is Ian Talbot satisfied with the lack of progression at the club since his arrival and are the board members, considering the training and player facilities are the best they have ever been?

Just a few i would like to ask?

Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#4 lakeylad

lakeylad
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

some very good questions there fillipo

#5 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

you want the coach to front up he does you say its not worth being a member then complain about members benefits I know the team trained at spotland prior to pitch work I was there questions need to be asked and the opportunity is on weds we also have a head of youth development whos job it is to develop the U20s and ensure a team can be put out
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#6 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

I have watched Mayfiels games this season and two players have been outstanding. Lewis Sheridan has scored tries and kicked goals from all over the pitch. Joe Quinci (my best attempt at his name) has been superb again scoring tries and a very destructive tackler. Both would be worth a go at Hornets I think. But what do I know. Oh yes I know that our defence is ######.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#7 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

you want the coach to front up he does you say its not worth being a member then complain about members benefits I know the team trained at spotland prior to pitch work I was there questions need to be asked and the opportunity is on weds we also have a head of youth development whos job it is to develop the U20s and ensure a team can be put out

That's if he is invited

#8 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

For someone distant from the action the question is... will he answer them?

Good on IT for 'fronting up', but it remains to be seen if this is not just a smokescreen to head off the justified criticism.

The only answer is on the pitch...and we are in danger of losing an advantage thanks largely to long term deficiences, particularly in defence, which have not been addressed.

The week on week travelling beyond the heartlands cannot be helpful, but it's up to the coach to engender the right attitude, with bonus points being the minimum aim.

Why is Matt Calland not involved given his experience, locality and position next year?

Look forward to answers and action.

#9 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Firstly, the time will probably be because Ian Talbot will want to get home to his family before midnight.  Also, I've jus re-read the piece and nowhere did I see were it said Matt Calland hadn't been invited?!?!

I will ask a few of the less impertinent questions on here if they are not asked by other attendees and will put them on a post asap.  OK?

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#10 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

Mayfield 29/6: "Lewis Sheridan led the way with a 22-point haul – two tries and seven goals – whilst Paul Brierley and Matt Calland also grabbed a brace."

Q.  Will at least two of these 'lads' be returning to Hornets assisting our promotion push - before it's too late?

#11 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Simple Answer to that one is NO ! .......Sheridan and Brearley won't Return to Hornets any time soon !
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#12 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

M C been told he has no input in 1 st Team !

Edited by Ghostbuster, 02 July 2013 - 02:50 PM.

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#13 lakeylad

lakeylad
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

it sounds a right shambles

#14 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

M C been told he has no input in 1 st Team !

Is this because he raised his concerns with the on goings early in the season? He appealed to senior Board members that the club w is not Rochdale Hornets anymore & has since been ostracised in every way possible so as not to rock the boat with St Helens?
Does IT see MC as a threat to his role? Does MC have a vision of where the team should be? I suspect he does. And to silence MC he feels like he is being pushed out.
God knows why but MC is desperate for a crack at the job.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#15 Expat exile

Expat exile
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Some loaded questions on here it would seem...

A great question - Does MC have a 'vision' of where the team should be? So does he, and if so what is it?

#16 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:08 AM

Some loaded questions on here it would seem...

A great question - Does MC have a 'vision' of where the team should be? So does he, and if so what is it?

I'd hope that Matts biggest vision is of a Rochdale team, training in Rochdale, attracting Rochdale Players, using Rochdale Businesses, with Rochdale people working for the club. Oh yes Rochdale Hornets. I suspect Matt being Matt he has ruffled a few feathers and as usual at Hornets it's the quickest way out of the door.

I wonder if the "gaffer" ever thinks that he is wrong and other opinions may just be right given his track record.

#17 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

F

Edited by fillipo del toro, 03 July 2013 - 10:34 AM.

Phil Bull.

#18 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

I see you've niftily body-swerved answering the question about who the 'right people' are and the roles they would take up if they could ever actually bother to stand for election.  I suppose that, come election time their candidacies will be significant only by their absence and we'll be treated to more of the same about the men an women who can bother to actually stand, get elected and do the job!

OH I'll certainly ask Ian Talbot about your Nathan Brown quote tonight and let you know what the answer is.

If anyone wants to become a member the packages star at £20 and you can join tonight and get into the meeting folks!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#19 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

I never stated I knew anyone who was the right person, the club needs to kick on. With Rugby & commercial brains. How come the clubs main shirt sponsor is left most home games stood nursing a pint in the bar, without any senior board member bothering with him?
I am not having a go a candidates or members, we need to be smarter and attract investment and new monies into the club. With the current situation, moving the deck chairs around in the titanic I'd not the answer.
Phil Bull.

#20 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

How come dedicated board members are conspicuous by there absence at away games. It's not good practice in my opinion.
Phil Bull.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users