Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Future

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Reading the LW, still those persistant rumours of Kain and Manning possibly coming our way. That would be a turn up for the books! Despite suggestions, we might actually manage to field a team next season!

By the way, apologies for covering old ground and bringing up a similar subject to which some object, but I am responding to the quotes in today's news!

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

I am still more interested in this season to be honest. I can understand the discussion on a n other forum as they have nothing to discuss other than rumour whereas we have some very important games coming up if we are to get home advantage in the play offs. if we finish in top three we have the chance of playing dewsbury rather than leigh if we finish 4th and leigh finish 5th

THIS IS WHAT CENSORSHIP LOOKS LIKE!!

Favorite film - "Silenced by the Lambs"

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#3 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

I understand but just responding to media. I agree that this season is far from over, and still have a sneaking suspicion that there are a few surprises before the end.

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

I hope so but whatever happens I believe the Bulldogs will be competitive next season and still better than dewsbury esp if we can get manning back and add Kain :)

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,216 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

I hope so but whatever happens I believe the Bulldogs will be competitive next season and still better than dewsbury esp if we can get manning back and add Kain :)

Interesting. The OP was about Batley next season yet you turn it quickly into Batley vs Dewsbury - clearly you choose to ignore Chairman LMAO's remarks on our board.

I think you have a fixation PM.

:sarcastic:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Manning is contracted to Fax for next season, so unless they agree to cancel that I don't think we will be seeing him in a Dogs jersey.

#7 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

I believe Liam walmsley is on a 2 year deal so tied to us next season,but if rumours are true which I believe they mighg be he is off to fev,but yes agree let's move on from this get behind the boys hopefully top 3 finish and a good play off would be dewsbury

#8 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

We've allegedly signed one player and one player will be the sum of the "migration" from batley to fev.
Players going t'other way?? I know of none yet.... that's not to say there won't be any movement.
Kainy.... I know nowt on this but I will wager a can of tizer that Kainy's in a fev shirt next yr :wink:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#9 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Mmmmmmm - Tizer.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#10 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 634 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

I would love to see Dane Manning back in a Batley shirt. He always gave everything. Just like johnny Campbell does.

#11 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

I would love to see Dane Manning back in a Batley shirt. He always gave everything. Just like johnny Campbell does.

cracking player. I'd have him back at fev in a shot.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#12 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Didn't K Harrison say he was one of the best forwards outside S/L so why would he let him go ( by the way I'm not saying he not going to Batley )

#13 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

I am still more interested in this season to be honest. I can understand the discussion on a n other forum as they have nothing to discuss other than rumour whereas we have some very important games coming up if we are to get home advantage in the play offs. if we finish in top three we have the chance of playing dewsbury rather than leigh if we finish 4th and leigh finish 5th

Because it is now a 8 team play off, our present position (4th) we would play Sheffield away (1st) in the first match of the play offs

First week 1v4 2v3 5v8 6v7

Edited by ernieone, 01 July 2013 - 05:51 PM.

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013 Relegated  2014"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#14 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

any chance you could put the full play off schedule earnie?? what happens after first week? every year i either forget or they change it!. also anyone know the scheduled dates?

#15 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Because it is now a 8 team play off, our present position (4th) we would play Sheffield away (1st) in the first match of the play offs

First week 1v4 2v3 5v8 6v7

If we lose do we get another shot? Finishing 5th seems a better bet as you get a home game against the lowest team!

#16 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

Week 1
Qualifying play-offs
1st-placed club v 4th-placed club (winner advances to Week 3, loser home in Week 2)
2nd-placed club v 3rd-placed club (winner advances to Week 3, loser home in Week 2)
Elimination play-offs
5th-placed club v 8th-placed club (winner away in Week 2, loser eliminated)
6th-placed club v 7th-placed club (winner away in Week 2, loser eliminated)

Week 2
Preliminary semi-finals
Highest ranked Qualifying play-off losing club (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th) v Lowest-ranked Elimination play-off winning club (5th, 6th, 7th or 8th) (winner away in Week 3, loser eliminated)
Lowest ranked Qualifying play-off losing club (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th) v Highest-ranked Elimination play-off winning club (5th, 6th, 7th or 8th) (winner away in Week 3, loser eliminated)

Week 3
Qualifying semi-final 1
Highest-ranked Qualifying play-off winning club v Lowest-ranked Preliminary semi-final winning club (Winner to Grand Final, loser eliminated)
Qualifying semi-final 2
Lowest-ranked Qualifying play-off winning club v Highest-ranked Preliminary semi-final winning club (Winner to Grand Final, loser eliminated)

Week 4
Kingstone Press Championship Grand Final
Winner Qualifying semi-final 1 v Winner Qualifying semi-final 2

#17 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

List of prize money in the Championship & Championship 1

Prize-money will be paid to the League Leaders of both Championship and Championship One as follows:
Championship: £25,000
Championship One: £50,000

Prize-money will be paid to the top eight sides taking part in the Championship play-offs as follows:
Grand final winners: £50,000
Grand finals runners-up: £30,000
3rd place after the play-offs: £12,000
4th place after the play-offs: £10,000
5th place after the play-offs: £6,000
6th place after the play-offs: £4,000
7th place after the play-offs: £2,000
8th place after the play-offs: £1,000

Prize-money will also be paid to the five teams competing in the Championship One play-offs as follows:
Play-off winners: £20,000
Play-off runners-up: £10,000
4th place after the play-offs: £3,500
5th place after the play-offs: £3,000
6th place after the play-offs: £2,500

Cannot work out why finishing third in Championship 1 does not get you a prize (unless I am missing something)

Edited by ernieone, 02 July 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#18 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

Is it because the winners of the Championship 1 division do not take part in the play offs. So the runner up in the play off is in effect third place. This also explains why the league leaders in C1 get substantially more than the league leaders in the Championship, as they do not have the opportunity to win the play offs and the attendant prize money. They do however get automatically promoted. (Or am l missing something too!)

#19 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,216 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

Very informative guys, thank you.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#20 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Certainly pays to get to the Grand Final, doesn't it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users