The Agecroft Thread

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

gLENNGARYNow we are getting into rumour season, I thought I would start by posting one that I have just heard. The rumour is that Agecroft as fallen through and that the new chairman of Salford city wants us to join him at Moor lane. I heard that Salford council are in favour of this move and if the Lions were to move there would help the clubs develop the ground to championship standards. Can anyone carify this yes I heard this rumour some weeks back! Not sure what to make of it,possibly the best option if indeed Agecroft has fallen through.

#42 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Depending on the level of development that is offered/needed, would that be a good or bad idea compared with further seasons at LSV (only if the Agecroft build is definitely off)?

It must surely be cheaper for the club than LSV and is only a stones throw away from Agecroft.

Or, why dont the council buy that land for development and then build a new joint venture in, say, Agecroft, funded by the sale of the Barton Elefant Centre to Uncle Marwan?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#43 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

If Agecroft has indeed fallen through it would be a huge disappointment after all these years.However there is no long term future playing at the LSV,the club desperately needs a permanent home and Moor Lane is as close to Swinton as possible.

#44 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

...a huge disappointment after all these years...

...a permanent home and Moor Lane is as close to Swinton as possible.

'huge disappointment'? 

That folks, would be the understatement of the millennium.

'permanent home'

'Close' to S & P it may be, but S & P it most certainly is NOT. What the hell have

we all been (patiently) waiting for all these (21) years? If certain 'elements' are doing their utmost to fob us off by offering us a permanent home in Kersal, (Salford M7) instead of in OUR own area (M27), all I will say at this point, here and now, is that the very thought of it is more than enough to make my S & P blood boil – and that’s a FACT.

:bye:

Edited by Blue Monkey, 15 September 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#45 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Cool those beans Keith!
Tis but a rumour and not a fact......

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#46 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Rumour it maybe but I can't believe anybody believes Agecroft will happen after all the shenanigans at Barton.

#47 pricey53

pricey53
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

John Kidd must poke his nose into these posts now and again why does he not say what we already know about agecroft the silence is deafening come on man give us some answers

#48 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

John Kidd must poke his nose into these posts now and again why does he not say what we already know about agecroft the silence is deafening come on man give us some answers

Swinton RLFC, are you reading these postings? If so, we need a statement from you on this most important of subjects, before you take your next breath (please).

:shout:

#49 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Just noticed this post on the Swinton Lions Family Page on Facebook regarding Agecroft....
John Barton" well i asked the Mayor about the new stadium on Friday he said to me they were having Problems with the Agecroft site"

#50 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Time to start a Moor Lane Thread.

#51 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Time to start a Moor Lane Thread.

Time to storm 'the Bastille'?

#52 ForeverTangerine

ForeverTangerine
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Time to finish the Moor Lane thread methinks. Salford City Football Club will continue to be the sole occupants for the forseeable future despite the Ammies Chairman - who is actually a woman - supposedly wanting Swinton RLFC 'to join us'! I can assure you that this 'alleged' statement could not be further from the truth. The football club have made substantial improvements to the the Moor Lane facilities throughout their tenure and particularly during the last close season and intend making more in the very near future. All this has been done through the unselfish efforts of a number of dedicated individuals with the good of Salford City Football Club in mind. Not a penny has been offered or received from the local authorities at any time, either past or present, which is in stark and direct contrast to our oval shaped ball playing neighbours. Being also a  Salford Red Devils season ticket holder - although the football takes preferance if there is a fixture clash - I bear no malice and wish Swinton RL well in their quest to find a home of their own : but it will certainly not be at Moor Lane. I can't for the life of me understand why you weren't given the opportunity of playing at the 'Barton Stadium' before Sale Sharks and Manchester United Under 21's joined the list of tenants.

Edited by ForeverTangerine, 23 September 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#53 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

Who owns Moor Lane?

#54 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Can't

Time to finish the Moor Lane thread methinks. Salford City Football Club will continue to be the sole occupants for the forseeable future despite the Ammies Chairman - who is actually a woman - supposedly wanting Swinton RLFC 'to join us'! I can assure you that this 'alleged' statement could not be further from the truth. The football club have made substantial improvements to the the Moor Lane facilities throughout their tenure and particularly during the last close season and intend making more in the very near future. All this has been done through the unselfish efforts of a number of dedicated individuals with the good of Salford City Football Club in mind. Not a penny has been offered or received from the local authorities at any time, either past or present, which is in stark and direct contrast to our oval shaped ball playing neighbours. Being also a  Salford Red Devils season ticket holder - although the football takes preferance if there is a fixture clash - I bear no malice and wish Swinton RL well in their quest to find a home of their own : but it will certainly not be at Moor Lane. I can't for the life of me understand why you weren't given the opportunity of playing at the 'Barton Stadium' before Sale Sharks and Manchester United Under 21's joined the list of tenants.

. Can't speak for any others but I certainly don't want to go to Moor Lane

#55 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

Can't . Can't speak for any others but I certainly don't want to go to Moor Lane

There's only one place I want to support the Lions, and that is inside the boundaries of S & P (M27). But WILL it ever really happen? Every step 'forward' is followed by a step 'backward'. Kept in the dark on this, the most important of subjects, we stumble ever further in time from that awful time back in '92 when we were taken from our 'home sweet home' of Station Road.

One question bugs me, why do I often feel, at times like these, that the words 'organise', 'brewery' and ' "booze" up in a' seem to come to mind?

Could it be perhaps, that there needs to be a greater degree of 'will' on all the parties involved in the process?

:rtfm: 

Edited by Blue Monkey, 23 September 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#56 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

I understood that the cost of hiring the CoSS from the stadium company was prohibitively expensive.
To be honest, I'd rather we played at Leigh than Irlam anyway. Until we get back into M27 though we can't hope to increase our fan-base.

#57 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,016 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

It's sad to see that seven years on there seems to have been little, if any, progress with Agecroft (or a suitable alternative, for that matter). I hope the rumours that are hinted of are wrong and that there is a future in M27 on the horizon. A successful (as in sustainable, community-focused) Swinton will bring many benefits to the Borough and surrounding districts, and could be an asset.

Hope it works out.

John

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#58 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

Not had an answer yet to who owns Moor Lane.Perhaps the scarlet turkey season ticket will confirm.

#59 ForeverTangerine

ForeverTangerine
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Not had an answer yet to who owns Moor Lane.Perhaps the scarlet turkey season ticket will confirm.

Salford Council do and SCFC are the lease holders.

#60 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Of course i don't have the details of any discussions, but I'd hope Salford City FC would not dismiss the idea out of hand, esp if a ground share was to benefit both parties (which admittedly would require significant investment). That said I'm not sure it's a suitable move for Swinton anyway. Oh well, anyone still got Sedgley Park's number? Or Leigh for the foreseeable? Can't see us going to Barton. We're probably an insignificant fly in Mr Koukash's ointment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users