Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Contracted Pros in NCL (revisited)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

I was told on saturday that one name being mentioned was Anthony Bate, they were saying he is contracted to Leigh and played a couple of games for Thatto. This information did not come from Taxi Egg but another source.

Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#22 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

I had a feeling that was where he was going with it to be honest and if you look back to be response earlier in the thread the situation I am using as an example was that of Anthony Bate.

Anyone with half an ounce of sense would have realised this and also that everything was done by the book and just given up then rather than continue to besmirch the integrity of players/clubs and the competition overall.

If this is what he wants though, I will put the chain of events on record for the sake of transparency.

Anthony was playing at Leigh in the U23's competition on a pay as you play contract. Without going into the details of why as that is a matter for the player, he began to think that it wasn't worth his while being contracted to play in that competition so requested to be released from his contract on 28th May.

On the 29th May at 18:41hrs I sent an email to David Lowe requesting clarification on the player's registration status.

David Lowe then forwarded this to Justine Saxton in the Operations Dept. at the RFL at 21.52hrs.

On the morning of 30th May at 08.38hrs Justine responded to David confirming that the player had been released. 

David Lowe forwarded me the email at 08.48hrs the same day. At 09.18hrs I responded to David and explained that I would submit the completed registration forms when I got home from work, which I duly did.

Anthony played in the game against Siddal on June 1st where I presume Halifax were watching were rumoured to be sniffing around. Anthony also played in the game on 8th June against Leigh Miners Rangers. 

Obviously keen to keep the clutches of a rival Leigh then selected him to play for them in the NRC Cup Quarter Final with Whitehaven and has presumably since signed another contract with Leigh Centurions where he has been ever present in the first team. Anthony has not played for Thatto Heath Crusaders since the game with Leigh Miners on 8th June and although his brief return to Thatto Heath was  it was nice while it lasted we wish Anthony all the best in the semi-pro game.

I can't wait for the next instalment of your smear campaign Taxi Egg!

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#23 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

do west hull still pay? I heard when they were at their peak in the 90/00 some players were getting more than at some pro clubs!

#24 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Statto you need to be careful in what you are saying , where is the smear campaign ?

I asked a question that was asked of me , I have read the rules and highlighted in an earlier post .

Now if you have an evidence of a smear campaign then back it up or retract the accusation .

I,m sorry but is this not a forum ?

You  have on paper done everything correct  and you and your club should be applauded , for the record I have nothing against your club which can be verified by several members of your committee and coaches who I am in regular contact with and indeed your club chair who I had a good conversation with the other day , so sorry Statto your way off the mark .

Edited by TaxiEgg, 01 July 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#25 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

was that not the reason pro clubs got rid of a teams and many have only U21 teams, expecting community clubs to play recovering pros.

If the NCL clubs do play them, then I reckon the pro club should pay the match subs for both clubs involved in the fixture

We where also told it would be up and coming under 20's playing in the championship not your Morley's and Co.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#26 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

Statto you need to be careful in what you are saying , where is the smear campaign ?

I asked a question that was asked of me , I have read the rules and highlighted in an earlier post .

Now if you have an evidence of a smear campaign then back it up or retract the accusation .

I,m sorry but is this not a forum ?

You have on paper done everything correct and you and your club should be applauded , for the record I have nothing against your club which can be verified by several members of your committee and coaches who I am in regular contact with and indeed your club chair who I had a good conversation with the other day , so sorry Statto your way off the mark .

I've no problems in holding my hands up and apologising if I'm wrong and I have done so on many occaisions. Maybe my choice of words was a bit strong but your posts clearly insinuate that clubs are flaunting the rules, yet you refuse to name which clubs.

Your insinuations continued after I'd put up the example in the early part of the thread which was clearly based around the case that I have now put the full details of up. I'll repeat again that if you have evidence or even suspicions that this is happening in the NCL then raise your concerns with the league management who will be able to conduct a simple investigation that will allay your suspicions or highlight guilty parties.
As an administrator I'm sure you're aware of the channels available but instead choose to come on here making veiled accusations "not adhering to the rules" which as I first suspected and was later confirmed by Maxwell were aimed at Thatto Heath.

#27 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

Statto please show me where I have accused anyone I have not named a player or a club ?
Maxwell named the player then you went to great lengths to expose your club and the player so how is that a veiled accusation from me ?

Like I also posted earlier I posed a question purely and simply, again you choose to make more of the situation than it is perhaps you need to sit back and think before you jump in with both feet .
We are having the same problem at youth level and as per usual with the RFL administration there are to many grey areas on issues like this .

#28 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Statto please show me where I have accused anyone I have not named a player or a club ?
Maxwell named the player then you went to great lengths to expose your club and the player so how is that a veiled accusation from me ?

Like I also posted earlier I posed a question purely and simply, again you choose to make more of the situation than it is perhaps you need to sit back and think before you jump in with both feet .
We are having the same problem at youth level and as per usual with the RFL administration there are to many grey areas on issues like this .

Mmm. I think you were being a bit mischievous with your original post. You know the answer is no, but inferred that it was happening. Statman did take the bait rather spectacularly though!
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#29 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

Mmm. I think you were being a bit mischievous with your original post. You know the answer is no, but inferred that it was happening. Statman did take the bait rather spectacularly though!

I don't see the problem with being mischievous Tim, it's a lot better than telling half a misleading story like a few who are supposed to be the guiding lights.

#30 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

Fair enough I took the bait but what am I supposed when I am well aware what he was trying to get at and knowing that we were 100% in the right.

#31 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

Statto your a mind reader now , nice one .
Outside your paranoid world there are other issues within the game that this issue is relevant . There are concerns that in another part of the world outside St Helen's players have signed professional contracts and have also been playing community rugby .
I have looked at the rules and you have explained the protocol elequently , this is a forum and as such as an individual as are many others I am allowed to pose questions and strike up debate providing I stick to the rules (aup ) of the said forum .
Now please get a grip with yourself try to be subjective and not defensive there is a bigger picture out there .

#32 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

Fair enough I took the bait but what am I supposed when I am well aware what he was trying to get at and knowing that we were 100% in the right.

Is having service area kids filtered to one team from other teams right? ...................Just a simple question directed at someone who is obviously in a position of power within the RFL run community game.

#33 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

Why don't you start a thread?

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#34 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

Is having service area kids filtered to one team from other teams right? ...................Just a simple question directed at someone who is obviously in a position of power within the RFL run community game.

You really do seem as a person whic a hell of a lot chips on their shoulder about the RFL but feel like you have to post on the NCL board not the community one.

#35 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

You really do seem as a person whic a hell of a lot chips on their shoulder about the RFL but feel like you have to post on the NCL board not the community one.

I'm sure there is a law against stalking, lol

Take a look at the history of the amateur game with all the broken promises by the RFL, take a look at the modern (last 5 years) and look at the undelivered promises, how long can intelligent men and women carry on believing these clowns in Red Hall.

IMO it's a case of giving `X` with one hand and then taking `Y` & `Z` with the other and the next step for the NCL will be to become Cuckoo clubs for the championship.

#36 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'm sure there is a law against stalking, lol

Take a look at the history of the amateur game with all the broken promises by the RFL, take a look at the modern (last 5 years) and look at the undelivered promises, how long can intelligent men and women carry on believing these clowns in Red Hall.

IMO it's a case of giving `X` with one hand and then taking `Y` & `Z` with the other and the next step for the NCL will be to become Cuckoo clubs for the championship.

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users