RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford sign Francis Meli

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

Wouldn't of signed him if I'm honest he's too old. He'll probably be solid but won't work wonders, I hope he isn't on a high salary.

this is a first..............we agree on something.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#42 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Puletua wouldn't be a good signing.  He is only fit for retirement now.  In fact, I think he retired about two years ago, judging on his performances.  He's lazy and past it.  You don't want him unless you have a couple of proper props who are willing to do the hard yards.  Puletua definitely isn't.

Incidentally, Meli is hardly ever injured.  And on the rare occasions he has been injured, he's only missed a couple of weeks at a time.

shame they can't get shut of hohaia as well. now he IS woeful
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#43 djw61

djw61
  • Facebook
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

Another great signing for Salford he’s still got plenty left in the tank, now lets get Rangi Chase.

#44 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

Another great signing for Salford he’s still got plenty left in the tank, now lets get Rangi Chase.

He's a great signing for a lower end team. Would you see him signing for Leeds, Wigan, Warrington or Huddersfield? Doesn't really stack up against the Doctors championship ambitions

#45 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

all this talk of chase brings back the question of a visa?? he couldn't get one last year to play for hull what makes anyone think he will get one this year?

#46 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

He now has a child born in England. Maybe that would count.

#47 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

not really there was a syrian guy on tv who can't join his wife and kids in the uk. they are all british and he doesn't have right of entry.

#48 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

Believe Gledhill is leaving which is a good thing as he seems to be permanently injured,

I never knew Mick was playing as well as commentating etc - where does he get the energy from?
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users