Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Nagging Worries

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:26 AM

Planning permission last 5 years so can't believe we haven't applied for permission for ground improvements due to costs planning permission cost are £2,000 tops, once you have planning you can apply for grants and other fund raising ideas

http://www.oldham.go...w_planning_fees

Not sure what the square metreage but would guess at least £20-£30k.

#22 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

http://www.oldham.go...w_planning_fees

Not sure what the square metreage but would guess at least £20-£30k.

I know nothing about planning permission, but I believe the main obstacle for the club in getting the stand donated by Salford from the Willows erected is the cost of planning permission, I am told that the Council require around 25k for this?

How can a figure (if this is correct) like this be justified just for granting permission? surely the Council could waive the fee if they so wished  

#23 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

I know nothing about planning permission, but I believe the main obstacle for the club in getting the stand donated by Salford from the Willows erected is the cost of planning permission, I am told that the Council require around 25k for this?
How can a figure (if this is correct) like this be justified just for granting permission? surely the Council could waive the fee if they so wished

These are standard rates and the council can't treat us differently to every other privately owned business in the town. To waive this fee would potentially open the floodgates.

I'm sure the club knew these costs well before drawing up the plans this time last year.

#24 old bird

old bird
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

These are standard rates and the council can't treat us differently to every other privately owned business in the town. To waive this fee would potentially open the floodgates.
I'm sure the club knew these costs well before drawing up the plans this time last year.

Correct the club must have know these costs when they moved from boundary park and allowed the council to buy whitebank and signed the lease with oldham council on the 66% of the pitch the council own and lease with 3rd party landlord who own's the bottom 1/3 of the ground

Surely they had a business plan with the ground improvements costed in as everyone knew the old pit club used by st Anne's back in 1980's was not up to standard for professional rugby league

I am sure CH has all this in hand !!!!

#25 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

Correct the club must have know these costs when they moved from boundary park and allowed the council to buy whitebank and signed the lease with oldham council on the 66% of the pitch the council own and lease with 3rd party landlord who own's the bottom 1/3 of the ground

Surely they had a business plan with the ground improvements costed in as everyone knew the old pit club used by st Anne's back in 1980's was not up to standard for professional rugby league

I am sure CH has all this in hand !!!!

EXELLENT POST!!

Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#26 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

Where would the TV companies put their cameras if they were covering a game at Whitebank and wanted to make it look half decent.

My suggestion would be somewhere in Ashton.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users