discounting the DR players or else Keinhorst would be well in front

a tough one tbh at this time of the season but i suppose its got to be Yates

Posted Image

#2 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yates or menzies for me but haugheys had a good season so far as has welham.
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#3 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

My top 3: Yates, Watson, Welham

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#4 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

Yates at the moment but still a lot of rugby to be played. Jimmy Watson will now come into the reckoning.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#5 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

If DRs were in the running Richard Moore would be my first choice.
As for Hunslet players:
Yates or Hayley for the forwards.
Welham was a good option, but had some dodgy games recently. So dropped down for me.
J Watson is in the running as he is still getting better each game.
Brickwood was excellent at the beginning. Maples towards the back end and Kain has done really well on the wing. But none of these 3 have had enough games to warrant POTY.
Still on the fence for now

#6 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

Mapels is a good shout if he,s returned to training.

Posted Image

#7 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

Yates and Menzies only players ever present this season so far and both been consistent throughout.

#8 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

Don't care to be honest,it has to be the player or players that keep us up,if we start to perform like we did against fax,if we fail and go down,then it is a massive blow ,and will destroy the club.

#9 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 769 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Maybe the supporters should be awarded trophies having to put up with consistent misery, littered with the occasional good season!

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#10 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

My Choice for Player / s of The Season are , The Guys that turn up for Trainin Every time ,Only to be told come Match day ,, Leeds R.L. want match practice for 1 of theirs , Our player gets ignored , No Game /NO PAY . . . NO INSENTIVE TO KEEP HUNSLET UP !

#11 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

My Choice for Player / s of The Season are , The Guys that turn up for Trainin Every time ,Only to be told come Match day ,, Leeds R.L. want match practice for 1 of theirs , Our player gets ignored , No Game /NO PAY . . . NO INSENTIVE TO KEEP HUNSLET UP !

Garbage,keep grinding that axe.Are you seriously suggesting that players from whichever club don't have the interests of Hunslet at heart when they pull on the shirt.

Back on topic,Yates.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 03 July 2013 - 10:37 AM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#12 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

I ve Hit A Raw Nerve Here ! TOPIC Is P.O.T.Y. Im NOT sayin anything about The Performance of DuAl Reg players .Just Statin That its MORALLY Wrong and Very Hard on The HUNSLET Players And Their Families who may have wanted to Support Them ! ! !

#13 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

I ve Hit A Raw Nerve Here ! TOPIC Is P.O.T.Y. Im NOT sayin anything about The Performance of DuAl Reg players .Just Statin That its MORALLY Wrong and Very Hard on The HUNSLET Players And Their Families who may have wanted to Support Them ! ! !

Was it Morally wrong to sign Michael Haley half way through the season meaning that Steve Lewis lost his place?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#14 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

No. Thats up to Both Players to Compete for The Shirt. Both Guys Training and Being Hunslet Players. Im sayin a Guy doe s His Best in Trainin And On The Pitch . . Is It Right that he s Overlooked Cos 'So n So' Wants to Play .Yet When WE NEED Them , They Aint Available ! ! NO FAULT OF ANY PLAYER . . DUAL REG .

#15 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

Apart from DR players. My top five list would be at this moment in time.

1. Watson

2. Haughey

3. Yates

4. Maples

5. Menzies

But at the end of the season , my top five will  more than likely change, with hopefully Grimmer back in the side ,getting over his injury problem, and Kain getting more games in for us.

#16 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

Apart from DR players. My top five list would be at this moment in time.

1. Watson
2. Haughey
3. Yates
4. Maples
5. Menzies

But at the end of the season , my top five will  more than likely change, with hopefully Grimmer back in the side ,getting over his injury problem, and Kain getting more games in for us.
Dont think you will be seeing Grimmer anytime soon injury not responding watkins has the same sort of injury and hes back playing and scoring ironic aint it

chappy

#17 hunsletnewboy

hunsletnewboy
  • Players
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Totally agree with you hunslet72, wouldnt blame anybody for not having the incentive, but would think that whoever plays trys their best and they can have good days and bad ones. My mates lad was playing pretty well and gives 100%, but for some reason they dropped him, then put him back into team playing in two different positions. His dad says hes fine, he can play these positions, but i just want to question, why move players out of position and make the team unbalanced in performances, because of players not in their natural position, is this causing the inconsistancy in games on a weekly basis. Every week the selection changes radically instead of a settled side with the odd 1 or 2 changes, unless we have lots of injuries every week which you have to make changes.

This is just my opinion and not having a go at anyone, but its time where the team has to be a solid unit and work for each other, and the fans have to stop bickering, and back the team 100%, otherwise the club will just go downhill and out of business. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users