Haven v Fax

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

well he lives at kells so he can get on with me there no doudt we will win now. get a grip gareth will be fair and better than some clowns we get in this league

i actually agree with you, from what ive seen gareth is one of the better refs but lets be honest thats not a compliment really because some are absolutely shocking.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#22 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

well he lives at kells so he can get on with me there no doudt we will win now. get a grip gareth will be fair and better than some clowns we get in this league  

To be fair, he is better than the majority at this level. I just think its wrong to put a ref in that situation, he is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt. Also, no matter how hard he tries he must surely sometimes make a "soft" decision in favour of your lot, probably without even realising. Same as Aussie refs do for their mob.

#23 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

To be fair, he is better than the majority at this level. I just think its wrong to put a ref in that situation, he is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt. Also, no matter how hard he tries he must surely sometimes make a "soft" decision in favour of your lot, probably without even realising. Same as Aussie refs do for their mob.

i agree we shouldnt get him but he will be fair win or lose hopefully win 

#24 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Cox in his after match interview with Woods was trying to make a big thing of travelling on a bus in the heat, etc, but give Woods his due he wasn't having any of that. But does Cox ever think about what he's saying? How many players would be travelling from west Cumbria on the bus? I make it 7 with JJP and Cameron. The rest would have less travelling than for a home game and they could have borrowed Thacks car and got there in less than 3 hours!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#25 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Cox in his after match interview with Woods was trying to make a big thing of travelling on a bus in the heat, etc, but give Woods his due he wasn't having any of that. But does Cox ever think about what he's saying? How many players would be travelling from west Cumbria on the bus? I make it 7 with JJP and Cameron. The rest would have less travelling than for a home game and they could have borrowed Thacks car and got there in less than 3 hours!!!

One thing about woods Keith is he doesn't make excuses for them ,if there good he praises them and if they are bad then he says so.

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

I've heard a rumour that you can buy motor vehicles with windows you can open and air conditioning ...they'd have had to push the car to Fax Keith , its broken ya know , it was in the paper .

Edited by DavidM, 08 July 2013 - 03:23 PM.

#27 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

you really dont wan to be talking about motor vehicles, have they got the club one back yet?????

#28 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

One thing about woods Keith is he doesn't make excuses for them ,if there good he praises them and if they are bad then he says so.

Yes I've noticed that and I've also noticed how he covers his own back as well. Nowt to do with him just the players not following instructions!!!!

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#29 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

you really dont wan to be talking about motor vehicles, have they got the club one back yet?????

Your club paid their debts yet? Oh that's right, they just decided not to exist anymore.

#30 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

davidm was actually taking the mick out of our own club and the ridiculous excuse uses to excuse thacks. so engage your brain before typing next time.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

And lighten up a little to !

#32 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

Yes I've noticed that and I've also noticed how he covers his own back as well. Nowt to do with him just the players not following instructions!!!!

Where as with charlo you get beat 40 nil and instead of having a go he says you did some good things.......what was that restarts

#33 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

It's was our running in as 2nd man with sly digs or headbuts.......oh no that's Doran silly me

#34 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Where as with charlo you get beat 40 nil and instead of having a go he says you did some good things.......what was that restarts

Well of course you know what is said in the privacy of the Town dressing room, I forgot you know it all? How many coaches do you know who publicly blame the players every game like Woods does? I don't know many, if any!!!!

#35 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Well of course you know what is said in the privacy of the Town dressing room, I forgot you know it all? How many coaches do you know who publicly blame the players every game like Woods does? I don't know many, if any!!!!

Has he named any players I don't think so,there are plenty of coaches who say they are not happy with certain things their teams do

#36 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Has he named any players I don't think so,there are plenty of coaches who say they are not happy with certain things their teams do

Give it a rest no one gives a dirt jambo
bluewhitearmy

#37 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

because there is a positive to take from only losing the second half by 12-0 away against a very good and in form fev. A good batley team ran them close yesterday at fev the very team your fans think you will be too strong for next week lol. #worldbeaters

#38 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Can't be his fault Keith , he's a big shot TV analyst and the genius who plotted the downfall of their hated local rivals the other week.. He reminds me of an ex Town and haven coach who also was very quick to blame his players..

#39 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

I see the haven supporters club bus got broke into and stuff was taken

#40 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

Apparently 3 points were stolen if u ask there inept fans at times! Some of them opinions are valid 95% coswollp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users