Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Haven v Fax

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

I see the haven supporters club bus got broke into and stuff was taken

What? Someone broke into their Reliant Robin! :O

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#42 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

It's on Facebook

#43 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

because there is a positive to take from only losing the second half by 12-0 away against a very good and in form fev. A good batley team ran them close yesterday at fev the very team your fans think you will be too strong for next week lol. #worldbeaters

No just batley beaters:-)

#44 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

It was a great win for them lot as much as I don't like to give credit Dave woods has done a great job

#45 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

It was a great win for them lot as much as I don't like to give credit Dave woods has done a great job

You have to give credit where it's due that was agreat win for them, Woods seems to be getting the maximum out of a squad of players who have been average in the past. Well done haven........................I must be going soft in my old age !!!!.

#46 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

You have to give credit where it's due that was agreat win for them, Woods seems to be getting the maximum out of a squad of players who have been average in the past. Well done haven........................I must be going soft in my old age !!!!.

As you seen last time we played adam swift makes a massive difference attacking wise the lads class looks like weve got him all season now

#47 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

Yep , DR does make a big difference doesn't it if you hit gold . It wins games in a league where so much else is equalled out . Not a disgrace now then .

Edited by DavidM, 16 July 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#48 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yep , DR does make a big difference doesn't it if you hit gold . It wins games in a league where so much else is equalled out . Not a disgrace now then .

similar as Hunslet....Keinhorst destroyed Barrow at there place 1st game of the season and guess what he will be probably be playing again on sunday with a few more Rhinos as well as Leeds dont have a game...this is where the current Dual Reg is completely wrong IMHO.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#49 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

similar as Hunslet....Keinhorst destroyed Barrow at there place 1st game of the season and guess what he will be probably be playing again on sunday with a few more Rhinos as well as Leeds dont have a game...this is where the current Dual Reg is completely wrong IMHO.

I think most on here would fully agree with you morty, I didn't like it when it was introduced and I like it even less now. Whats our league come to when the outcome of a game depends on who has the better DR players.  If Town had a fully fit squad then I wouldn't see the need to bring any DR players in, as it happens we have been a bit short in some games so I suppose the DR system came in handy on those occasions. I still would scrap it next season though but I can't see it happening.

#50 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

It's too valuable to the super league teams to scrap and we all know that's all the RFL are interested in.

#51 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

To say swift won us the game does a massive disservice to the other 16 players who never gave up,yes swift was impressive in attack,but so was barker in defence which contributed just as much.but agreed DR needs scrapping in its current form

#52 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

To say swift won us the game does a massive disservice to the other 16 players who never gave up,yes swift was impressive in attack,but so was barker in defence which contributed just as much.but agreed DR needs scrapping in its current form

give it a rest
bluewhitearmy

#53 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

No just batley beaters:-)

Big deal ;)

#54 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

But surely Batley having a man short in the last 10 minutes when Haven scored 3 tries had an effect on the game!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#55 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

Funny that Keith, I listensd to the last 10 minutes of that game ad would you believe John Cox never mentioned it once !!!!

#56 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

But surely Batley having a man short in the last 10 minutes when Haven scored 3 tries had an effect on the game!!!

Wrong again Keith haven scored to make it 26-30 and then the player was sin binned ,we then went on to score 2 trys

#57 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

We beat them at mount pleasant thus your victory is now just average ha!! Up the town!! Please can we have a town v haven playoff though as it would be brill for both teams to cap off the season

#58 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

Giving us duff information Keith !! It was only 2 tries with 12 men on the field and the game was in the bag anyway by all accounts.

#59 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Wrong again Keith haven scored to make it 26-30 and then the player was sin binned ,we then went on to score 2 trys

Taken directly from young Jordan Weir's report on the match in League Weekly:-

"But they climbed that mountain with the help of the sin-binning of Batley Centre Jason Walton for persistent high tackles after his side were put on team warning for the same offence.

Ant Walker started the comeback in the 73rd minute after breaking through the gap where Walton would have been standing, Rooney converted to reduce the gap to four"

After that Calvert scored and then Parker scored.

No need to apologise H4E as everyone can make a mistake!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#60 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Keith I don't care what his report says I have the DVD and ant walker scored and while doing so was head tackled after batley had been put on a team warning,the ref awarded the try and then sin binned the player if you want I can post a link to the clip ,Like I said wrong again Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users