Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford to get another big name?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 675 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

James Graham is in the frame allegedly?

Would be a hell of a capture if the Dr gets him in.

#2 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

James Graham is possibly the best forward in the world, why would he join Salford???

#3 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 675 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

James Graham is possibly the best forward in the world, why would he join Salford???

He is an outstanding forward, but I would say there are a few in front of him when you are talking about possibly the best forward in the world.

I would think a very large contract, assurances regarding further signings and the future strength of the squad would be a couple of good reasons to start with as to why he would sign.

Edited by LordCharles, 02 July 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#4 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Jammer is highly valued by the Bulldogs and unless he is homesick - always a possibility - I can't see him playing in this country again, for anyone.

#5 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 675 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

If Dr Koukash is willing to bid for Tomkins then putting a bid in for James Graham is'nt out of the question is it. Granted its up to the player if you chooses to sign or not but clearly Dr Koukash is setting his sights high and a player of James Grahams stature would be very much in line with how the Dr operates.

#6 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

Obviously, the prospect of playing alongside Rangi Chase, Michael Dobson, Sonny-Bill Williams, Gareth Hock, Harrison Hansen, Cory Paterson...

#7 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 924 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

Obviously, the prospect of playing alongside Rangi Chase, Michael Dobson, Sonny-Bill Williams, Gareth Hock, Harrison Hansen, Cory Paterson...

and Elliott Whitehead.

#8 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

and Elliott Whitehead.

I didn't want to list all the names we've 200% definitely signed in case it caused the internet to return a 'disk full' error.

#9 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

He is an outstanding forward, but I would say there are a few in front of him when you are talking about possibly the best forward in the world.

I would think a very large contract, assurances regarding further signings and the future strength of the squad would be a couple of good reasons to start with as to why he would sign.

I wouldn't say there were many front rowers ahead of him. You could maybe argue for Sam Burgess, Matt Scott and James Tamou, but that would be it.

#10 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 675 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

I wouldn't say there were many front rowers ahead of him. You could maybe argue for Sam Burgess, Matt Scott and James Tamou, but that would be it.

Ryan Bailey?

#11 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

Ryan Bailey?

Oh yeah, well I took it as a given that he's the undisputed number one.

#12 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 675 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Oh yeah, well I took it as a given that he's the undisputed number one.

LOL!  :D ..............according to some folk he's right up there!

#13 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 675 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

On a serious note if James Graham was to arrive back on these shores in a Salford kit then the pack would start to look like its shaping up nicely and I'm sure Nobby would be very happy with that as a starting point for his first real season in charge.

Griffin, Sa'u, Morley, Meli and possibly Graham to start with, Fages playing alongside players like that could really shine, who knows a red revolution could be really on the cards.

Edited by LordCharles, 02 July 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#14 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

More likely Sau will play left centre IMO

#15 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

For James Graham to sign he'd probably take at least 300k of the cap. There's three outstanding props in the world in Graham, Scott and Tamou, all can be as destructive as eachother on their day. He's not going to Salford.

#16 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

Jammer is highly valued by the Bulldogs and unless he is homesick - always a possibility - I can't see him playing in this country again, for anyone.

Nah Janmer is a true scouser, once they manage to get out of Liverpool they move as far away as their money will let them.

#17 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

Graham is under contract with the doggies for next year so I seriously doubt they would let him go.

I went & watched the doggies all last year and the fans absolutley love him, and Dessie praised him after nearly every game.

Every year the NRL publish a list of the 50 best players for that season and Graham was the highest ranked prop on the list (well ahead of Tamou & Scott). Even if he left the doggies (which I doubt) pretty much every other NRL club would be chasing his signature.

I think Graham is just another Tomkins pipe dream from the good doctor and something to try and placate the ever dwindling number of fans.

#18 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

I think Graham is just another Tomkins pipe dream from the good doctor and something to try and placate the ever dwindling number of fans.

Or a name plucked out of a message board. Koukash may not have even tried this time.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#19 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,857 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

LOL!  :D ..............according to some folk he's right up there!

He's right up somewhere, all right.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#20 7723

• Coach
  • 554 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

If he comes back to England it would only be to Saints I would imagine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users