Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

England to play Italy in historic first international

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

Has anybody actually considered that the BBC has offered to broadcast a warm-up game if it was played locally to Media City? It is not a co-incidence that the Autumn final in 2012 was also at Salford. This is not a game the BBC has to cover.

So let's baulk at the RFL getting the England side (and pundits) onto national television a week before the biggest competition here in over a decade. Two hours of free publicity for the World Cup! :sclerosis: Rugby League fans would find an excuse to avoid attending anything.

Edited by Scubby, 04 July 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#62 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,158 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

Yes, my original post was pretty negative, and whilst I don't think the venue is the right one, it is at least a great step forward that we are playing a 'new' team finally. 

I'm not sure this game on the BBC would be the best build up - a low-key friendly with unlimited subs, but it may be an interesting one for Premier.

#63 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

I cannot agree cedars should have been there, Italy has a lot of potential they have around 30 clubs playing game.

Don't believe the hype. Italy's foundations are nowhere near 30 clubs strong. Lebanon however has a burgeoning Club, Junior and University scene that makes Italy look pale in comparison

#64 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

yet they are playing in the world cup and lebanon are'nt......oh well

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#65 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

yet they are playing in the world cup and lebanon are'nt......oh well

Good work pointing out the obvious.

I was just correcting someone who has the wrong idea on Italy's domestic scene

#66 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

Is the BBC actually showing this match? I keep reading people mentioning this, but there was no reference to it in the press release.

#67 winnyason

winnyason
  • Coach
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

Both leagues peanut if you really think Lebanon is going to take off your in another world Italy have some interest in game Lebanon is very minor.

#68 brooza

brooza
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

EDIT: Ignore that

Edited by brooza, 05 July 2013 - 10:00 AM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#69 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

a low-key friendly with unlimited subs, but it may be an interesting one for Premier.

The unlimited subs bit puts me off big style. I understand why both teams want to give their squads a run out but I don't attend pre season club games for the same reason, they are just glorified training runs. Ah well, England might play Italy in a full blown international one day.

Edited by deluded pom?, 05 July 2013 - 05:46 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#70 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Any news on the kick off time for this game ?

I will be coming up to Barton for this but would like to know if it's a day -trip or overnight stay required which depends on the kick off time.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#71 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

Any news on the kick off time for this game ?
I will be coming up to Barton for this but would like to know if it's a day -trip or overnight stay required which depends on the kick off time.

Will be an afternoon kick-off I expect, as the key World Cup matches for England are in the afternoon too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users