Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Contacting the RFL

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 josefw

josefw
  • Facebook
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

I'm hoping to get an email address off of someone so that I can write to the RFL. Tried the RFL site, only gives an email address for enquiries/directions. 

It makes no sense that we will only have half the sky money for yet another year, if the RFL really do want what's best for the game they have no choice but to give us what they give every other team in Super League the FULL sky money. It's holding back the club and especially when on the last year of licenses we will not be playing on a level playing field, the RFL could be the demise of the Bulls and we need a strong Bradford in Super League.

Although on my own, I can do nothing. I'm calling on you to do the right thing and join me. Not just Bulls fans but all fans of the game.

It's 10 minutes of your time for a club/game most have supported for the majority of their lives. If enough people get behind this I honestly think it could make a real difference.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,767 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

Remember to bag the ###### in plastic before putting it in the envelope...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 brooza

brooza
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

Is that not an enquiry?

Try emailing that address asking for the contact for the Directors Office

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#4 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

I'm hoping to get an email address off of someone so that I can write to the RFL. Tried the RFL site, only gives an email address for enquiries/directions. 

It makes no sense that we will only have half the sky money for yet another year, if the RFL really do want what's best for the game they have no choice but to give us what they give every other team in Super League the FULL sky money. It's holding back the club and especially when on the last year of licenses we will not be playing on a level playing field, the RFL could be the demise of the Bulls and we need a strong Bradford in Super League.

Although on my own, I can do nothing. I'm calling on you to do the right thing and join me. Not just Bulls fans but all fans of the game.

It's 10 minutes of your time for a club/game most have supported for the majority of their lives. If enough people get behind this I honestly think it could make a real difference.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I'm more inclined to believe it's not paying taxes that could be the demise of the Bulls.

#5 josefw

josefw
  • Facebook
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm more inclined to believe it's not paying taxes that could be the demise of the Bulls.

Think you'll find we are. The new board can't be blamed for the shambles of the last.

#6 josefw

josefw
  • Facebook
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

Is that not an enquiry?

Try emailing that address asking for the contact for the Directors Office

Should have probably thought of this, thanks.

#7 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Didn't the Bradford owners agree to this as part of them getting their licence back?

#8 josefw

josefw
  • Facebook
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

Didn't the Bradford owners agree to this as part of them getting their licence back?

Yes, but did they really have much of an alternative? In my opinion they didn't. 

#9 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

Yes, but did they really have much of an alternative? In my opinion they didn't. 

Tough mate. Thats life. The old board should have paid their bills.

Posted Image

#10 josefw

josefw
  • Facebook
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Tough mate. Thats life. The old board should have paid their bills.

I just don't feel the new board should be punished for pretty much saving the club.  

#11 brooza

brooza
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

I just don't feel the new board should be punished for pretty much saving the club.  

It's the club that is being punished, not the board. I belive the RFL also played a big part in saving the club too...

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#12 Chariots

Chariots
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

Like the other guy said, tough thats life

You are being punished as a club , thats what needs to happen

Bradford have had enough favours, other clubs havent had the special treatment Bradford have

Should have been kicked out of Super League in my opinion so think yourself lucky

#13 josefw

josefw
  • Facebook
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

I think myself extremely lucky to still have a club! 

I don't feel we have had this special treatment that you think we've had. We had 6 points taken off of us taking us out of the playoffs and halting what progress we had made. The RFL also took a huge amount of time on the decision to keep us in super league or not, meaning we could not recruit or resign players. I personally think this is punishment enough.

I do respect your opinions and they are valid, but as are yours I also feel mine are too.

#14 Chariots

Chariots
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Think of other clubs such as Halifax, Fev etc who are waiting in the wings, maybe they should have got the chance Bradford did

Im afraid you writing to RLF is a waste of time

Serve your time and move on

#15 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Maybe Bradford could have assembled a side that cost more within their budget and paid their tax bill... quite simple really

One question for the OP, why does SL need a strong Bradford? but not a Strong Halifax, Featherstone, Leigh??

#16 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

I'm rather split on this.

I can appreciate the anger (and schadenfreude) from fans of other clubs and the RFL did go to extraordinary lengths to support and save the Bulls. But having done that, why hamstring the club and make it so difficult for the club to get back onto its own two feet?

If the RFL were happy to let the club go, fine and they wouldn't have had many arguments from me (providing they lent suitable support to any phoenix club), but this death by a thousand cuts just isn't right.
People called Romans they go the house

#17 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

One question for the OP, why does SL need a strong Bradford? but not a Strong Halifax, Featherstone, Leigh??

Of course it doesn't need a strong Bradford, but it helps.

Featherstone, Leigh and (to a lesser extent) Halifax are small places with a limited market. Bradford isn't and having the game on display in big cities is beneficial to the wider growth of the game.
People called Romans they go the house

#18 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Whilst I think it’s true the club did agree to it, what more could they do? The new owners had to agree to it or let the club die. I think the two year thing is a little excessive (although I have read that technically the RFL withdrew funding for a full season, but instead chose to help the club by withdrawing half a season for two seasons in a row. Both the club and the RFL have been quite ambiguous about this), but then I come from a position of bias.

On the upside it’s forced the club to find other revenue streams, which will benefit when the full Sky amount returns (depending on the pending league restructure). I won’t be assisting the OP in his letter writing campaign – although I wish him all the best. I just think it goes without saying that Bulls fans will disagree with this punishment, and the fans can’t really say anything that the RFL don’t know or the club presumably haven’t already argued.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#19 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,103 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

I totally understand the need for punishment but this seems like a double punishment. Keep them in SL or boot them out but why make them compete with one hand tied behind their back? The owners had Hobsons choice really and were damned if they did or they didn't. But I would personally have rather been relegated and start again

#20 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,439 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Quit whingeing. We are not Kevin Sinfield.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police