TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Contacting the RFL

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

We had special treatment in a positive sense to help us out of the mess, now we're having special treatment in the negative sense since the mess has been resolved.

I'm of the opinion to just keep me nut down, limp through the next two seasons and then hopefully come out of it stronger. I'm yet to convinced by the new management but perhaps I'm being overly cautious.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#22 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

I'm hoping to get an email address off of someone so that I can write to the RFL. Tried the RFL site, only gives an email address for enquiries/directions.

It makes no sense that we will only have half the sky money for yet another year, if the RFL really do want what's best for the game they have no choice but to give us what they give every other team in Super League the FULL sky money. It's holding back the club and especially when on the last year of licenses we will not be playing on a level playing field, the RFL could be the demise of the Bulls and we need a strong Bradford in Super League.

Although on my own, I can do nothing. I'm calling on you to do the right thing and join me. Not just Bulls fans but all fans of the game.

It's 10 minutes of your time for a club/game most have supported for the majority of their lives. If enough people get behind this I honestly think it could make a real difference.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Do you actually think you would get a reply that was honest...??

We've all got accept that, as supporters of our clubs and the game as a whole, there will sometimes be poor decisions made by people that control the sport.

We pay our money as we choose whilst, at the same time, taking the rough with the smooth.

At Bradford you had it good for a long time while some of us were being relegated but teams with less points were being protected. Was that fair?

What Widnes, Halifax & Fev have endured amounts to having your teeth kicked in. Was that fair?

I've got my frustrations but I'm going to make a 300 mile round trip at the weekend to hopefully see my boys get a rare win against a Saints side that are finding it heavy going right now - it's the nature of sport as its always been and probably always will be..

As wise Hindle states - keep your head down, work through it & come out stronger

#23 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Write to  

The RFL

Red Hall

Red Hall Lane

Leeds LS17 8NB

mark your letter Private and Confidential..for the personal attention of Nigel Wood

be nice...take a leaf out of Dominic Littlewood's book, be nice polite, well-reasoned etc, don't be abusive

or just phone : 0844 477 7113

#24 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

First name.lastname@rfl.uk.com

#25 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

And what John M said

#26 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

I'm hoping to get an email address off of someone so that I can write to the RFL. Tried the RFL site, only gives an email address for enquiries/directions.

It makes no sense that we will only have half the sky money for yet another year, if the RFL really do want what's best for the game they have no choice but to give us what they give every other team in Super League the FULL sky money. It's holding back the club and especially when on the last year of licenses we will not be playing on a level playing field, the RFL could be the demise of the Bulls and we need a strong Bradford in Super League.

Although on my own, I can do nothing. I'm calling on you to do the right thing and join me. Not just Bulls fans but all fans of the game.

It's 10 minutes of your time for a club/game most have supported for the majority of their lives. If enough people get behind this I honestly think it could make a real difference.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

While you're at it why not also write to the owners of the many small businesses who were owed money by the Bulls and explain to them how unfair it all is ?

#27 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Think you'll find we are. The new board can't be blamed for the shambles of the last.

Indeed they can't. However, forgive if I don't cry for an entity that took money from schools and hospitals.

#28 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

I'm disappointed that it was two years rather than one, but I'm also happy we have a club and think to a point we should just take it on the chin and look to the future positively.

The biggest wrong out of all of this was where our money went. It should have been used to develop the wider game, instead the SL clubs decided to share it out amongst themselves. That, in my opinion, was a really poor on the part of the SL.
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#29 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,461 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

It should have been used to develop the wider game, instead the SL clubs decided to share it out amongst themselves. That, in my opinion, was a really poor on the part of the SL.

Agree with this.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#30 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

While you're at it why not also write to the owners of the many small businesses who were owed money by the Bulls and explain to them how unfair it all is ?

Very, very fair comment. I get fed up with clubs spending more than they can afford and then having supporters whinging about how unfair it all is because their poor old club can't afford decent players any more and they're losing games.

Think instead about the great service they're doing for the game. Someone has to lose in order that others may win !!
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#31 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'm disappointed that it was two years rather than one, but I'm also happy we have a club and think to a point we should just take it on the chin and look to the future positively.

The biggest wrong out of all of this was where our money went. It should have been used to develop the wider game, instead the SL clubs decided to share it out amongst themselves. That, in my opinion, was a really poor on the part of the SL.

Agreed. And players wages went up far too much in 1995. Admittedly, they needed some certainty of income if they were going to go full time but the proverbial pudding was over-egged. Directors got a bit giddy, I think.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users