EGM Postponed

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Appleman

Appleman
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

I know many of you will be interested. Have just received notice the club EGM (set for July 12) has been postponed due to members concerns over proposed changes to Articles of Association. Club are now taking comments and concerns over the changes.

Ever alert for the call to Craven Park

#2 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Can that be confirmed or is it a leg pull.

Posted Image

#3 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

It is true . It's on the barrow raiders Facebook page

#4 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

This is very vague. There are a number of Face Book accounts. Which one. I can't find it and anyway who has put it on F/B.

Posted Image

#5 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

http://t.co/yETFCWMAUE

It's an official page and was posted by one of the directors.

#6 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Many thanks Alias. I think the message would have been better on the Forum or best of all on the official Web Site. It was put on F/B about an hour ago by mobile.

Posted Image

#7 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

It's on all the social media sites and I'm
Sure it will be on the official website soon :)

#8 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

It's on all the social media sites and I'm
Sure it will be on the official website soon :)

What makes you think the postponment will be on the Official Website considering there has never been any mention of the EGM in the first place!

The joke of an Official Site would be the last place to look for any important news! :dontknow:

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#9 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

What makes you think the postponment will be on the Official Website considering there has never been any mention of the EGM in the first place!

The joke of an Official Site would be the last place to look for any important news! :dontknow:

How dare you slag off the club website, it's excellent !!!!!!

The club history is bang upto date concluding with where we sit in 2008 !

And the fixture list says we are playing York on sunday !

Posted Image

#10 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

I'm sure if you 2 wanted to put yourselves forward for the task of updating the website you would be considered. Its easy sat on here slagging off but have you thought that the person who does it might work aswell.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#11 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

All the other club websites are kept upto date.

It's pointless having a website if it isn't updated, that's my point.

Posted Image

#12 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

Ditto that livo .. I think there are more pressing matters for people to think about at the moment ....

#13 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

I'm sure if you 2 wanted to put yourselves forward for the task of updating the website you would be considered. Its easy sat on here slagging off but have you thought that the person who does it might work aswell.

Get over yourself livo!

I forgot that this was your personal sounding board.

Following your logic I should also put my name forward for:

Head Coach because I dare to criticise Holty 

Director responsible for Ground maintenance as I have dared to comment on the way the floodlight upgrade has been handled.

Finance Director as I don't think the current one has any Accountancy qualifications (I'm willing to be corrected on this)

Etc, Etc,Etc.

Congratulations, if your aim is to alienate people from using this site, you've succeeded!

I guess I'll join the ranks of all the others who've deserted this forum due to being unable to make a legitimate comment.

:bye:  :bye:  :bye:

Edited by Red Stripe, 04 July 2013 - 10:36 AM.

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#14 mikel

mikel
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

I don't understand you gettin all het up about comments made concerning the website. These are valid critcism made by enthusiastic fans. As a fan, I want to be able to access the website to see the latest transfer news, player injuries, proposed general meetings, lates fixtures and results etc. If the current person managing the website cannot commit maybe someone with more time on their hands could be found (I'm sure there is some young kid out there willing to lend a hand). Representetives from the club should take comments, like the ones quoted, on board and act to make the club more professional instead of getting so defensive.

#15 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

Get over yourself livo!

Director responsible for Ground maintenance as I have dared to comment on the way the floodlight upgrade has been handled.

Finance Director as I don't think the current one has any Accountancy qualifications (I'm willing to be corrected on this)

Etc, Etc,Etc.

Congratulations, if your aim is to alienate people from using this site, you've succeeded!

I guess I'll join the ranks of all the others who've deserted this forum due to being unable to make a legitimate comment.

I don't understand how I'm alienating people. And if you don't want to use this forum thats up to you but don't make it my fault.

All I suggested was that if you could do a better job then put your name forward.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#16 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

Tonights Mail states that the directors encourage all members to obtain a copy of the draft Articles from the Rugby Shop and formally submit any comments or concerns to the company secretary by 31st July.

Posted Image

#17 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Get over yourself livo!

Etc, Etc,Etc.

Err, can you help Gaz in the bar tonight? :tongue:

Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#18 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

Come on guys you never see me falling out with people on here over comments......lmao

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#19 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Fans deserted the forum as the banter was non existent, I blame holty and acky! Lol! Used to have good banter when they were posting!

#20 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Just a question...was the EGM called only to discuss the AoA's or was it also to discuss the financial crisis, floodlight funding, present the accounts and any other business that requires urgent attention? It just seems strange to cancel the meeting on one point of the agenda.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users