Restructure

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

.....When are we due to find out the latest format that our game is to take. 

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Next year ?
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

End of August the clubs and rfl will put it to a vote!!

#4 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Thought it was some time in July.  Still 3 options?

#5 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

Final decision not necessarily taken then. In fact, probably not, because there are more meetings in August at which we'll no doubt be discussing Options P, Q and R.

#6 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Discussed on BootsnAll. Further discussions. Slight favouring of the 2 leagues then eights. No decision yet.

#7 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

One option not included is going back to one league. I have commented on it under 'Wakefield'. It is an option well worth considering in my view.

#8 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

One option not included is going back to one league. I have commented on it under 'Wakefield'. It is an option well worth considering in my view.

Why's that ?

#9 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

In this last weeks matches only Fev and Sheffield got over 1000 speccies. We would have 28 clubs. At least with all Yorkshire clubs playing each other they would get more from playing the big boys. No more struggling to get into SL and looking for licences. There could be a top 8 play off. A fair distribution of funds and almost everybody better off. At the moment clubs are going nowhere and are without hope of progress. The Championship 1 clubs could be promoted on a two up and a two down basis.
In addition to playing all Yorkshire teams, clubs would play 4 Lancashire cluds, who they play being based on their league position i.e. The top club in Yorkshire plays the top club in Lancashire and so on down the league until 4 teams are matched. Same arrangement for the Lancashire clubs. Cumberland and the French team to be slotted in.

#10 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

Breaking news on the BBC sports web page tonight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/23264272

#11 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

In this last weeks matches only Fev and Sheffield got over 1000 speccies. We would have 28 clubs. At least with all Yorkshire clubs playing each other they would get more from playing the big boys. No more struggling to get into SL and looking for licences. There could be a top 8 play off. A fair distribution of funds and almost everybody better off. At the moment clubs are going nowhere and are without hope of progress. The Championship 1 clubs could be promoted on a two up and a two down basis.
In addition to playing all Yorkshire teams, clubs would play 4 Lancashire cluds, who they play being based on their league position i.e. The top club in Yorkshire plays the top club in Lancashire and so on down the league until 4 teams are matched. Same arrangement for the Lancashire clubs. Cumberland and the French team to be slotted in.

Nice in theory - but wasn't that the system we had when Rugby League was on its uppers in the late Fallowfield era ?

#12 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Good point Griff. But then it was the amount of investment from outside. Clubs were still poor as they are today. We surived by selling players before the the rules were changed. I think with better outside investment the one league would work. I mean we beat every so called top teams in the league under that system and with proper distribution of funds we could do it again. But I do take the point your making. A lot depends on the funding of clubs.

#13 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

Was it the championship meeting today at Dewsbury on the new structure

#14 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

No think its been a meeting in london today

#15 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Interesting that London made a statement on the restructure yesterday. Something like 'whatever happens with the restructure, when deciding on the top 12 facilities must be a major consideration'.

Made me laugh! When we weny down there for the cup game, yes HARLEQUINS do have a very good stadium, but, without us Fev fans that day the atmosphere would have been flat.

Yes, you need a 21st century set up with finances, stadium etc, etc...let's hope somewhere in the mix performance on the pitch is included!!!

#16 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

At yesterday's @RLChampionships club meeting, the clubs indicated an overwhelming support for the proposed 2x12 into 3x8 league structure

#17 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

championship meeting was at Dewsbury mate...the meeting in London was MC/CP/FAISAL

#18 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

championship meeting was at Dewsbury mate...the meeting in London was MC/CP/FAISAL

Do we know who attended from Fev at Dewsbury

#19 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

What happened in London then?  Any news??

#20 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

What happened in London then?  Any news??

Oh yes tremendous news, go on Featherstone official website it will be on there, or for those with Facebook it's on there
Im Fev and im proud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users