Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Warrington Wolves Documentary

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 andyfuzzyduck

andyfuzzyduck
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

We've recently produced a documentary for Warrington Wolves, which runs alongside a timeline which is up in the South Stand at the Halliwell Jones.

We interviewed many players and fans, including Paul Cullen, Ray French and Alec Murphy. You can see the full documentaries and teasers here:

Let us know what you think and share around!

#2 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

Absolutely fantastic stuff Andy, well done. Goosebumps!

#3 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,789 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

I'll watch this tonight Andy. The timeline is a tremendous piece of work.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#4 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

Brilliant stuff Andy! Really did show exactly the kind of club and legacy that Warrington as a club and a town has. As one poster has put already, I had goosebumps throughout.

I'd love for Sky or the BBC to pick this up for broadcast ahead of the Challenge Cu or something Wire related.

#5 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 632 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

Just watched it and thought it was great.

#6 FullFat

FullFat
  • Players
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

Fantastic viewing, thank you so much for this.

#7 Blithbury Wire

Blithbury Wire
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Absolutely brilliant - brought back some fantastic memories (although some before my time!). Wonderfully presented and put together. Have forwarded the link to a number of people who I'm sure will be just as impressed.

Thank you!

The Greatest Game -

#8 madwire

madwire
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Brilliant.made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.
(new here so hi all)

#9 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,114 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

Brilliant, loved watching that.

#10 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

Thank you, really enjoyable and great to see Brian Chambers looking so well, he had grips of me 27 years ago.... Brian, Norman Harris and Dave Prince I'll never forget those people for good times as a little kid starting out playing rugby.

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 05 July 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#11 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

Absolutely fantastic. My dad told me about Laurie Gilfedder - I loved how his wife minimised his hardship at having to go into work on the morning of a match.

I don't know whether it's because I'm losing my connections with the town, my mum died earlier this year and I'm not sure how often I'll visit in the future, but my affection for the place is increasing. I felt very emotional watching the Shane Meadows film about the Stone Roses and watching this magnified those feelings.

#12 Vambo

Vambo
  • Coach
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Just watched both parts. Brilliant stuff. Well done.

Posted Image

#13 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

Truly wonderful. Many thanks

#14 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

Just thinking back to it, the story about the overseas player (name escapes me) who was found in Boots the pharmacy by Mike Wainwright looking for studs really cracked me up! Great story

#15 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,789 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

Absolutely brilliant.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#16 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,583 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

Brilliant.made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.
(new here so hi all)

Welcome to the forum. I haven't had a chance to watch this yet but even as a fan of another team it still looks like good viewing. Any documentary about RL is good to me so I'm looking forward to seeing this after so many positive reviews.

rldfsignature.jpg

#17 nathanwood7

nathanwood7
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

Fantastic viewing and I think any rugby league fan of any club would thoroughly enjoy it.

#18 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 785 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:03 AM

Thank you. That was excellent. It captured perfectly the kind of memories I have of growing up in Castleford in the 70's. it was tough yet there was always humour.

Rugby brought hope, pride and purpose to the town in those days as it appears to have in Warrington.

Well done. Great piece of work.

#19 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,837 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

Watched it last night. Excellent stuff, and I'm not a Warrington supporter. Similar-quality films about other teams would be a wonderful thing. There are great players and characters of the past who should be celebrated and have their thoughts and memories captured for posterity before it's too late.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)