Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

05/07/13 - Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Warrington Wolves (14 votes [93.33%])

Percentage of vote: 93.33%

2. Leeds Rhinos (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,501 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

Discuss Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

Warrington to win with contemptuous ease

#3 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 936 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

A win on Friday will put us right back in the race for the top 2 again and out of all the teams, we have the easiest run in (along with Huddersfield) to the end of the season. A loss though and we'll be behind the 8 ball battling it out for 4th, 5th or 6th, although Hull and Catalan seem to be after 5th.

We have been looking good with ball in hand again recently though. The only problem has been our defence, conceding 128 points in our last 4 games. The remarkable thing is that we won 3 of those! It also was well into our 9th game of the season before we conceded the same amount early on.

The way I see this is that we will give a spirited display before falling off in the last 20 or so. Sutcliffe will have a good game in front of the Sky cameras and Warrington will win, 38-14.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#4 madwire

madwire
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

wire by 20.

#5 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,131 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Wire to win,hopefully a close game.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#6 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

We were flat as a fart at Bradford so I'm hoping we can switch back on this week. With Leeds having so many out and us only missing Myler and Harrison, I've got high hopes for us.  Michael Monaghan is also rumoured to be struggling so Higham might get 80 minutes.

Having lived in Leeds for nearly 24 years and surrounded by their fans everywhere I turn, this game always means a lot to me and my pride.

Now the Wire!

#7 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 655 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Should be cracker and a great competitive game. I think the big question is whether it will be better than Wire v Wigan rather than final score. Someone by not a lot!

#8 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Leeds by a thousand.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#9 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

Seriously though, that was a disingenuous post. Sorry. It will be closer than that. The game will be the centrpiece of a Croatian Accession party, so hopeful for a win.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#10 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

Seriously though, that was a disingenuous post. Sorry.

Phew, for a min there I thought this thread would get locked......well rescued

#11 brooza

brooza
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

Can't see past a Wire win for this, unfortunately. I'll be hoping to be proved wrong though

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#12 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

It will be interesting to see how Liam Sutcliffe goes in this game, so far he has been excellent but this will be a real test. Cant wait to see it.

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#13 brooza

brooza
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

It will be interesting to see how Liam Sutcliffe goes in this game, so far he has been excellent but this will be a real test. Cant wait to see it.

A win will be a good way to celebrate his new 4 year contract!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#14 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

I am looking forward to watching this. Comparing the Wigan team that got so close with Leeds' 17 I'd say Leeds are stronger. Hope it's close, but Wire ought to win.

#15 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

Bookies have Leeds at very long odds, even to scrape a win. Seriously, is it that much of a foregone conclusion?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#16 Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

It's hot and sunny over here, or Wire weather as we call it.

38-14 Wire

#17 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Bookies have Leeds at very long odds, even to scrape a win. Seriously, is it that much of a foregone conclusion?

Of course its not. Look what happened last time we were favourites to beat them...

#18 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

wires 48 Leeds 14

#19 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 961 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

You just never know with Leeds. Can't pick. Should be a cracker.

#20 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Higham try, dummy, cheeky grabber the wrong way, chase 3n and dive on it.

4-0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users