Photo
- - - - -

05/07/13 - Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Warrington Wolves (14 votes [93.33%])

Percentage of vote: 93.33%

2. Leeds Rhinos (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

Sorry to maintain the ref bashing, but that is one thing Thaler needs to improve on, drastically. You know the PTB is going to messy and slow with him officiating.

If you know the PTB is going to be messy, then so must the players. Surely it's up to them to change things.

#142 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

i think suggesting Leeds were hard done to suggests something untoward happened. I was at the game live and have only watched the last 15 again on tv but in that period they were making 30m per set and finishing in their half whereas we were making 50m per set and finishing in tgeir half.
We got three dg attempts they got none.
Their attack was pretty dire when we gifted them the ball over and over.
Our forwards in the last 15 were brilliant.

Leeds weren't hard done to. They had an opposition that couldn't catch/keep hold of the damn ball, yet couldn't capitalise and they had a goal kicker who couldn't kick.

#143 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

Leeds are on the verge of another dynasty.or I should say continuity.The future is Leeds
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#144 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hardly.

#145 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

On a second viewing, Westwood was outstanding, as was Morley in his spells. Our handling was miles away from being as crisp as it ought to be, but that shows how important Myler is to us these days.

Only an individual error was going to see us lose that game in the last 20 minutes, and Leeds' resistence in defence was very admirable.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#146 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Given that Warrington were supposed to win with "contemptuous ease","It'll be all by half time" etc,etc,Leeds young lads played exceptionally well.A draw would have been a fair result but it's a given that Briers was going to put a drop goal over.Well done Warrington.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#147 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,153 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

Moderating note:  Rules of the forum on posting about referees

You can call the referee any variation of incompetent, rubbish or abysmal on the condition that you NEVER insinuate dishonesty or get into abusing the referee.  A breach of that rule gets an absolute minimum of a 7 day suspension from the forum and, depending on our opinion of your past conduct, may get an instant, no warning, permanent ban.

I've deleted 7 dross posts from the last two pages, I'm now going to re-read the rest of the thread...

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#148 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

Given that Warrington were supposed to win with "contemptuous ease","It'll be all by half time" etc,etc,Leeds young lads played exceptionally well.A draw would have been a fair result but it's a given that Briers was going to put a drop goal over.Well done Warrington.

Where are those quotes from?

I think all of the Warrington fans have paid credit to how Leeds stuck in. I could have lived with a draw.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#149 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

Warrington to win with contemptuous ease

Where are those quotes from?

I think all of the Warrington fans have paid credit to how Leeds stuck in. I could have lived with a draw.

Your question is answered.Agreed,Warrington fans have paid credit to Leeds.

#150 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

According to Phil Clarke, he thinks Leeds got the moral victory there by coming close.  I'm sure that'll be great consolation...

As a Leeds man I am no fan of Clarke as a pundit.The feeling is with us is relief that we are getting through this injury "crisis" like we are

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#151 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

If you know the PTB is going to be messy, then so must the players. Surely it's up to them to change things.

That's the point if players know they can get away with messing about at the PTB with certain refs then they will to slow it down. Now if players are penalised by refs and still don't stop messing about I would agree that's the players fault and not the refs.

#152 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

They thought their job was done by kicking dead. They switched off at a vital time and it cost them. In the set previously the line was still moving up quick. In that last set they let Warrington come at them and suffered the consequences.

The marker defence was also poor all night and defensively up the middle they looked weak. Had Wire been able to complete their sets it would have been an easy win. As it turned out though they couldn't and it made Leeds' defence look better than it actually was.

One thing to consider is that in the previous two sets they had had to work hard and also had to have all their forwards sprinting up to prevent two drop goals.

They were knackered, out on their feet. In the last 10 minutes we were making solid yards every set, the likes of Hill had a great finish to the game - I think it is too simplistic to suggest they switched off.

#153 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

One thing to consider is that in the previous two sets they had had to work hard and also had to have all their forwards sprinting up to prevent two drop goals.

They were knackered, out on their feet. In the last 10 minutes we were making solid yards every set, the likes of Hill had a great finish to the game - I think it is too simplistic to suggest they switched off.

Leeds played the majority of the game with two substitutes,hardly surprising they were out on their feet.

#154 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

It suits the players for it to be messy. It slows the opposition down. It is the refs job to police this.

#155 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

Leeds played the majority of the game with two substitutes,hardly surprising they were out on their feet.

Yup - I'm just surprised Harrigan is simply putting it down to attitude, suggesting they switched off. They were buggered!

#156 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Yup - I'm just surprised Harrigan is simply putting it down to attitude, suggesting they switched off. They were buggered!

It certainly wasn't attitude.

#157 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

On a second viewing, Westwood was outstanding,

There was a point in the game where he was involved in each tackle of a set of 6. He's coming good after a solid but unspectacular start to the season.

Can see him switching to prop next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users