League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

05/07/13 - Wigan Warriors v Bradford Bulls - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Wigan Warriors (8 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. Bradford Bulls (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

Harsh on Bradford but probably enough for us to kick on now.

#22 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

Bradford faded badly in the last 15 mins. Superior fitness won it, as before that Wigan didn't look like they'd score if they played all week.

#23 Aldo1980

Aldo1980
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Bradford faded badly in the last 15 mins. Superior fitness won it, as before that Wigan didn't look like they'd score if they played all week.

Do you worry that, prior to the last 15 mins "Wigan didn't look like they'd score" against an average team. Or do you expect Wigan to move up numerous gears they get many of the 1st teamers back?

"I don't want to insult the Australians (but) I am like, 'These guys are some damn idiots'. Nobody plays football without pads every week for three, four or five months and don't make any money. At least in the NFL, you are going to kill yourself and . . . you get to be a millionaire after it's over."
NBA legend Charles Barkley

#24 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

Do you worry that, prior to the last 15 mins "Wigan didn't look like they'd score" against an average team. Or do you expect Wigan to move up numerous gears they get many of the 1st teamers back?

Your guess is as good as mine. Wigan's form isn't the best at the moment, but there is some quality to come back into the team and a few in the team that just need a few games under their belt after injury. Might not finish top after this poor run, but think we'll be there or thereabouts when the two big trophies are handed out.

#25 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,359 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

Cruel loss for Bradford that, coming as it did in the last minute. 

#26 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

Crueler to Huddersfield fans (well me) who thought a chance to steal top spot was beckoning lol

#27 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,035 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

Bradford, enthusiastic and feeling they had a scalp to take, but not outstanding.

Wigan leaderless and confused, but willing to keep on going, keep on hanging in.

A poor game overall, Bradford unlucky but if you let sides not playing too well pinch it, you are the side with the problen.

A word on the ref, I don't normally bag refs, but there were a lot of confusing decisions out there tonight, worst ref display (for both sides) I have seen for a long time.

If the calls had gone to what we call right, than probably Wugan would have lost.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#28 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

Tim Roby is out of his depth in SL. He was awful for both teams.
Bradford were in control for 60 mins but their own mistakes let Wigan in.
Gale's kick out on the full.
Diskin's forward pass that even Roby couldn't miss.
Foster going for goal at 14-18. He made it 14-20 but it was never going to be enough. It should have been kicked into touch and run a set of six.
Those three mistakes and Wigan's extra fitness won the game IMO.

#29 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,786 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

Shy - Sun - How - Sun.

We put everything in but lost. Not robbed, but lost.

The crucial factor was Heath LeStrange getting hurt. Matt Diskin came on and, far from unusually, gave possession  and field position away.

Tim Roby; well he's a law to himself. Nature abhors a vacuum ...  Ganson quits and Roby fills his place. I wouldn't pay him in washers.

That's enough moaning. Well done to all seventeen who put everything they had into it. Wigan had no Sam Tomkins, Lee Mossop and Sean O'Loughlin; believe me, it showed. We were given a fair chance and we almost took it.

Hard to pick out stars but Adam Sidlow and Nick Scruton shone in the forwards, Luke Gale was great in the backs.

I felt drained and gutted at 10pm, totally sick ... even though I would have accepted that result before the game started. Now, I feel more positive than for weeks.

Well done boys, you did the fans proud!!

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#30 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

Cruel loss for Bradford that, coming as it did in the last minute.

Crueler to Huddersfield fans (well me) who thought a chance to steal top spot was beckoning lol

Relief for Wakefield fans especially after Wigan rolled over for Cas last week.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#31 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

Hampshire looks sharp at 1 if the Wigan TV highlights are anything to go by. Of our 4 young halves/utilities he looks to be the pick. He can run like the wind. I was reading that Cummins was unhappy with the ref and it looked like he missed a clear forward pass for one of Wigan's tries. I hope their bad luck evens itself out as they have been fighting with one hand tied behind their backs all year.

#32 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

Given the denuded state of both sides the game was ok but harldy a classic. For us, I thought young Sam Wood making his debut on the wing handled the game well and his unselfish pass for Platt's try great to see and Foster, filling in at fullback, looked more assured than he did last weekend. I feel some pride in the performance and the spirit withing the team is obvious and given that, before the game, I would have been overjoyed with the final score, ir's hard to know just why I also feel gutted [well, semi gutted... :ph34r:  ]

Well done to Wigan for hanging in.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#33 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

Fitness yes and a mile forward pass for Tuson try. Be coming a habit.

#34 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

That's funny coming from a Leeds fan. Comedy gold in fact lol

#35 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Fitness yes and a mile forward pass for Tuson try. Be coming a habit.

Wasn't the only forward pass he missed. The officials were shocking for both teams.

#36 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

Tim Roby is out of his depth in SL. He was awful for both teams.

Which decisions did he get wrong? I assume you have a list.

#37 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,786 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

Which decisions did he get wrong? I assume you have a list.

Turning up in the first place. After that, it was downhill all the way.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#38 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

Hampshire looks sharp at 1 if the Wigan TV highlights are anything to go by. Of our 4 young halves/utilities he looks to be the pick. He can run like the wind. I was reading that Cummins was unhappy with the ref and it looked like he missed a clear forward pass for one of Wigan's tries. I hope their bad luck evens itself out as they have been fighting with one hand tied behind their backs all year.

Been saying for a long time Hampshire is the pick from Wigans upcoming youth. Still not sure if he's a 1 or a 6 though, haven't seen him play for a while apart from the odd stint for the first team. If Sam leaves at the end of the season (ill be surprised if he doesn't) then I hope Wigan start moulding Hampshire into his replacement, as I feel Ryan has just as much potential as Sam has.

#39 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

Been saying for a long time Hampshire is the pick from Wigans upcoming youth. Still not sure if he's a 1 or a 6 though, haven't seen him play for a while apart from the odd stint for the first team. If Sam leaves at the end of the season (ill be surprised if he doesn't) then I hope Wigan start moulding Hampshire into his replacement, as I feel Ryan has just as much potential as Sam has.

I agree, whether it is as a fullback or in the halves Ryan Hampshire will be a top Super League player. No need to sign Minichiello.

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#40 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

I agree, whether it is as a fullback or in the halves Ryan Hampshire will be a top Super League player. No need to sign Minichiello.

Certainly made a good start on his full debut being heavily involved in 3 tries. Looked ok under the high ball in general, aside from one error which resulted in a try but I thought involved Sidlow being offside and within 10m.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users